Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.59 - 219votes)

Yumekui Merry

Alt Names: alt 夢喰いメリーalt Dreameater Merryalt Merry Comesueñosalt Merry Nightmare
Author: Ushiki Yoshitaka
Artist: Ushiki Yoshitaka
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Yumeji Fujiwara is your ordinary adolescent boy, but 10 years ago he noticed he had a power to see multicolored auras surrounding the persons body which he looks upon through his fingers. Every so often Yumeji has dreams about a war with cats, but one day a girl fell on top of him.... what will happen now with his incoming feline enemies?

Spin-off:

> Yumekui Merry - 4-koma Anthology
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/yumekui-merry-4-koma-anthology-r8252)
Go to Yumekui Merry Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

508 Comments

Spoiler

Aww shit, Yumeji's bout to go HAM...
ERR, I mean 'Mr. Badass'.
Merry needs more keys
ToothlessShark

Spoiler
Why?!

Spoiler
I've tried reading this a couple times...I never get past the first couple chapters. But after reading the comments once again, I shall give it another shot and hope to get past the first 10 chapters.

Let me see what this manga is really made of.
Man, be a hero already Yumeji! Says he won't move then just gets shoved to the side -.-
It was worth waiting 6 months before I started reading this again. 30 more chapters to read !
@raiden55 ... well.... it seems that the final boss is Heracles.... or maybe not???
Why couldnt they went with manga story in anime? why? It would be so much better that way.
But nevertheless big thanks to DKT for translating it :D
I was wondering when the TL page with the Merry missle would be referenced in story.
Spoiler
I read the last 5 chapters in a row, and it was pretty cool... seems the series is not far from the end, but it would be a well made one.
So superior to the anime, excellent, John Doe such a trickster, fuck another month to wait? I won't be able to stand it.
Posted Image
Woah woah woah! What?
This manga never fails to deliver. You get plenty of DAT ASS from the cats and Merry's signature vagina bones even when shit hits the fan. Bueno.
The way I see this series, it's something light and fluffy, like an appetizer to the main course. It's definitely really good in its own right, and really awesome to watch the mangaka improve himself over the course of the chapters. Can't wait for the next chapter. John better be the motherfucking badass he is and get out of that situation. xD
I liked the base premise of this manga in terms of its great potential and possibilities, but as hard as I try I just can't get into it. I find it extremely mediocre in almost every aspect from character design to plot. Usually a manga ends up being far better than the attempted anime adaptation, but in this case I actually feel there is little difference in quality between the two and both bore me to death.

Also, in regards to it being seinen; I'm guessing that it is probably only labeled seinen because of its serialization.
Maybe ....
Spoiler
Well, Hercules, I don't think that last move was very smart of you: last time someone tried to execute a hero and extended their arm to do it (chapter 42 page 24-26)... well, let's just say that the enemy was disarmed. If this was/is/has been/shall be (depending on when you read this comment) John's plan all along, I will make a shrine for him as the Saint of Awesome, Self-Safety Disregarding Plans.
Okay, so John has the shadow of death right now, and that sucks. But consider the following:
Spoiler
aaahh.. the cats are.. the cats..
Yumeji, it's the call for your entry!!
NOOOooo!!! Don't kill of John!!! D:<
Keep it up DKThias! Finish it in one fell swoop! (if possible :P )
i kinda thought John Doe (the cat mask dude) was Yumeji's other form trying to get back to him i dunno it seemed to make sense
@michaelman90: don't pay attention to meaning of those words when looking at classifications. Officially, a Manga is Shounen or Seinen depending on the the Magazine where they are published (is it a Shounen Magazine or a Seinen Magazine)

In short, Yumekui Merry is published in a Seinen Magazine so thats why it is classified as Seinen Although its style is definitely Shounen, the official classification is Seinen.
@Vueiy I think you're confusing seinen with shounen.....

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics