Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 505votes)

Gosu (The Master)

Alt Names: alt 고수
Author: Ryu Ki-Woon
Artist: Moon Jung-Hoo
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyFantasy FantasyMartial Arts Martial ArtsShounen ShounenWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: A young man set forth to avenge his master, a once powerful martial artist who was betrayed by his own men and barely escaped with his life. Armed with his master's supreme martial art techniques, he is ready to bring terror and wreak havoc among the murim. But before he even got started, he learns that the ones who had betrayed his master are already dead... Erm, so what happens now?

Raws found at: http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=662774&weekday=wed
Go to Gosu (The Master) Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Is there any connection between Gosu and Yongbi The Invicible? New Window Roxis
  • 2 Replies
Topic Too good to read for free New Window jonboybeebop
  • 4 Replies
Topic New Chapter Discussion. New Window geenius3ab
  • 16 Replies
Topic Gosu Wiki New Window Demotivator
  • 6 Replies

1760 Comments

Have some faith in our main character!
His actions until now have shown that he is feeling somewhat conflicted over this.
He wouldn't change so drastically.
Not someone who went to such extreme lengths to prevent deaths until now.
Have faith!

inb4 turns out that he's using his skill to fix his disfigurement.
Spoiler

I'm sure this old dude isn't the big bad guy. There's another organization behind him, or that made him do some of the stuff he did, for sure. Will be revealed after MC is done with him.

Jesus people, he's only psyching himself up to kill someone he's been tasked to deal with for the better part of his adult life. Let him get a little bit nasty, I'm loving this.

Yep. I agree

Ditto

This is gonna be good!

67719551.jpg

... I think he is bluffing, I think he simply wants to properly fight the Old Guy, not execute him so he gives him some motivation.
Also maybe a test of the old Guys True Character.

Yep. I agree

What happened to my martial arts comedy webtoon and what is this shit?

... I think he is bluffing, I think he simply wants to properly fight the Old Guy, not execute him so he gives him some motivation.
Also maybe a test of the old Guys True Character.

WTF why did he turn so edgy.

I'm sure he just wouldn't feel right to kill him without a fight, so he told a little lie to provoke him. 

WTF why did he turn so edgy.

Edgy

I don't think that MC is really planning on killing them, he just wants him to think that they will die because of his mistake even if he is the one to die... So that when he die, he won't be at peace... Our MC even if he is in the right, i pity him for having a vow like that....

People need to realize he is pretty much indoctrinated. Like a child in ISIS. Looks like this revenge thing is coded into his genes. I find it interesting, it's a rare flaw to find in protags without it being some form change. I'm also pretty sure his threats were just to agitate raisinface.

Suddenly i remember this line

Now he isn't looking so innocent, sweet, and kind. Even willing to kill the villagers..... Damn...the vicious has come out.

What's with all the confusion in the comments? At the very beginning of the series, Ryong, armed to the teeth, set off with the singular intent of hunting down and killing his masters enemies. Period. The only reason he didn't is because he was told they were dead. But even then he still paid a kings ransom, just to confirm this was true. Even while living a normal life, his focus was STILL on finding these men. The second he did, he went after them. This isn't him being edgy, seeing as he's plainly stated his intent. He was NEVER naive, he simply didn't have their location. He isn't brooding, he's waiting. And he's not a bad person. A bad person would have slaughtered every single innocent in front of him to achieve his goal. A bad person would have destroyed those kids as an example. Ryong is the exact same character he's been since the prologue chapter. Only now he doesn't have to hide that part of himself. 

Lol what's he waiting for?  An opportune moment?  A guy like him can make that "opportune moment" appear like nothing.  He's thinking.  He's weighing ugly's actions against his revenge.  He's brooding on that internal struggle and actually having something stop him for once that isn't brute force.  Or in other words, he's moderately (key word: moderately) edgy - and that is not to say this is actually the negative conclusion that I find most people jump to.  It just isn't as good as I felt it could have been.

I'd imagine someone like Sugimoto the Immortal would've already decided and moved on by now, and he would have done so in a way that I would most certainly have been satisfied with (killed or not killed he would have got shit done).  Ryong doesn't have to be Sugimoto, but I did expect something much closer to that than what we have here - a much more normal despite OP protagonist.

I will agree on one thing - in that he hasn't changed, I just set my expectations too high.  He's a lot more boring now 'cause of these developments.  But the art was always good.  I can't honestly say it's better this chapter than it is in most of the others.

Man, all this revenge and morality stuff aside, this last issue was really beautifully drawn. Some of the best art we've had in a bit.

Yeah it's nice to take in the landscape that hasn't been ravaged by martial artist for once^^

I completely agree with you. The look he has right now, and his "character change" according to some people aren't actually a character change, it's his frustration showing. Can you imagine searching for something and when you finally get a lead on it, a ton of useless people and things keep getting in your way? Especially when you have a Character like he does, he doesn't want to kill the innocent, and he most definitely won't kill children, women, or the elderly. 99% of the people picking fights with him age grown men. And that's what's happening right now. They don't realize that their deaths are meaningless and it won't change anything.

I'd hold off on that women and children claim in a battle manga/manhwa, as they can be pretty damn deadly under certain circumstances.

What's with all the confusion in the comments? At the very beginning of the series, Ryong, armed to the teeth, set off with the singular intent of hunting down and killing his masters enemies. Period. The only reason he didn't is because he was told they were dead. But even then he still paid a kings ransom, just to confirm this was true. Even while living a normal life, his focus was STILL on finding these men. The second he did, he went after them. This isn't him being edgy, seeing as he's plainly stated his intent. He was NEVER naive, he simply didn't have their location. He isn't brooding, he's waiting. And he's not a bad person. A bad person would have slaughtered every single innocent in front of him to achieve his goal. A bad person would have destroyed those kids as an example. Ryong is the exact same character he's been since the prologue chapter. Only now he doesn't have to hide that part of himself. 

I completely agree with you. The look he has right now, and his "character change" according to some people aren't actually a character change, it's his frustration showing. Can you imagine searching for something and when you finally get a lead on it, a ton of useless people and things keep getting in your way? Especially when you have a Character like he does, he doesn't want to kill the innocent, and he most definitely won't kill children, women, or the elderly. 99% of the people picking fights with him age grown men. And that's what's happening right now. They don't realize that their deaths are meaningless and it won't change anything.

Complete change in character for the MC. Any bets that the "abilities" he was using during the last fight caused the changes?

Man, all this revenge and morality stuff aside, this last issue was really beautifully drawn. Some of the best art we've had in a bit.

Yes pls kill them! 

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics