Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.66 - 103votes)

Joukamachi no Dandelion

Alt Names: alt 城下町のダンデライオンalt 城下町的蒲公英alt Castle Town Dandelion
Author: Kasuga Ayumu
Artist: Kasuga Ayumu
Genres: 4-Koma 4-KomaComedy ComedyFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In the manga's story, the everyday lives of the nine super-powered siblings of the royal family are monitored by more than 200 surveillance cameras and broadcast nationwide. The people of the nation who are watching the broadcast will have the ability to elect the next monarch. The story focuses on Akane, the third-oldest sister who can manipulate gravity. She is shy and desperately does not want to be caught on camera.
Go to Joukamachi no Dandelion Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Popularity poll New Window neorasp
  • 0 Replies

159 Comments

Strange typo on page two of chapter 13.

"Avoid reating anything unknown at all costs"

Gotta love Kanade.  

I forgot for a moment how great the art in the manga is. Based Kasuga Ayumu. lol 

Thank you for the update Spring-Ephemeral and Kid Kongo for posting it here! (° ∀° )b

IT'S ALIVE. WOOOOOOO

...That was insane.
I don't care if it's incest but I actually ship:

Shuu and Kanade
Shuu and Aoi

The anime still wasn't bad though. Honestly, since it was kind of done with a pseudo-episodic format, if I hadn't read the manga I wouldn't have found anything strange about it. At most I would've asked myself if they had messed with the pacing and cut or compressed character arcs.

Which I did. Beause I only checked out the manga by Episode 5.

Oh, just like Seitokai Yakuindomo then. Chapters picked here and there to make an episode.

Worse than that, actually. The anime team tried to insert their own narrative into the existing manga storyline, resulting in a very different plot and focus. Basically, the anime turned into a totally disjointed mess that barely resembles the manga after only the THIRD episode. The personalities of some characters are completely lost in the anime, and some very important background motivations regarding the powers and their use are completely botched.

It's somewhat similar to the second Minami-ke series. The idiots who made that got greedy and created their own original-but-totally-unsympathetic character to sell, kind of like Kyo-ani's Dekomori and Kumin in Chuunikoi, but they're not Kyo-ani, just idiots. They ended up botching the entire series by forcing it to adhere to their own badly-written narrative. The same thing unfortunately happened to the Dandelion anime.

Anime is very different from the manga and chronologically very disjointed. It's useless to try to figure out where manga is in anime and vice versa because the anime takes random chapters and rearranges their orders to the point that chapters two books apart can appear in the same episode.

Oh, just like Seitokai Yakuindomo then. Chapters picked here and there to make an episode.

I demand another angle of the last panel of page 19.

I haven't watched it. How far is the manga compared to the anime? (just want to take a guess, 5 episode in?)

Anime is very different from the manga and chronologically very disjointed. It's useless to try to figure out where manga is in anime and vice versa because the anime takes random chapters and rearranges their orders to the point that chapters two books apart can appear in the same episode.

Actually, I'm thinking about "The Princess's skirt which only fools can't see" :)

I demand another angle of the last panel of page 19.

The anime ended, I need more pls

I haven't watched it. How far is the manga compared to the anime? (just want to take a guess, 5 episode in?)

I confess I have that skirt in my possession now.

It will remains as my family heirloom forever.

Spoiler

Heh.. with art as sexy like this no wonder it got a anime ! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ITS BACK!!! Thank you!

The anime ended, I need more pls

I hope scans pick up.

I know chapter 4 was supposed to be Haruka's chapter, but... it definitely raised my view of Kanade. Like crazy.

Also, I really think this manga could have a lot of potential as a non-4-koma, as well.

haruka is the natural Gigolo... lol

I really enjoy the subtle siscon/brocon thrown here and there amongst them :'

Does this manga come out weekly or monthly in Japan?

i just wanna see shou and satou christmas eve chapter

Moral of chapter 10:

Don't look down on those below you,

you might end up in their place due to recalculation.

awww poor shuu. Stay strong!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics