Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.63 - 81votes)

Ryuushika Ryuushika

Alt Names: alt リューシカ・リューシカalt Ryu–shika Ryu–shikaalt Ryushika Ryushika
Author: Abe Yoshitoshi
Artist: Abe Yoshitoshi
Genres: Comedy ComedyFantasy FantasyShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The daily life of a girl nicknamed Ryuushika with a wild imagination.
Go to Ryuushika Ryuushika Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

120 Comments

Haha this series is just too epic :D
Odd only 300 followers.
Victreebel!
I'm sure being digested alive is much more painful than that lol
this is good and so is yotsuba. the end.
This is the manga I look forward to every month. I never get tired of ryushika and hamzou
lol this is awesome.
Not really, no. It just has the similar theme of a little girl discovering new things every chapter. This one focuses less on comedy (though it has comedy) and is a bit more philosophical at times.
So is this kind of like a Yotsuba&! clone?
i love the art and the story...i feel good when i read this.
Rarity just posted a spoiler about yotsuba. Omgbanhammernow.
Hi guys, if you guys want to write walls and walls of text, can you use the forum for it?
Think of the 'wall' as an sms service~ (SHORT-text-message that is)
and also:
http://vatoto.com/read/_/57266/ganota-no-onna_v2_ch10_by_mangawari/4

OMG ANATOMY BAD ART IS BAD LOLOLOLOL.

seriously
@keik

wow i think you need to re read what I wrote, because it all went over your head. im not even gonna bother using correct grammar.

art - the art is purposefully bad and anatomy in anime is usually bad (do you really think all girls out there have DD tits?). if u took literally 5 secs and looked at the cover art and compared it to the actual art, you can see that the artist is actually competent. once again, i dont know if u are an artist(99% chance that you arent), because any artist would know that it is WAY harder to draw a "squiggly-lines" style than not. but ofc, you dont seem to understand that as based of what little writing i see, you are too dense to understand.

you know what? vincent van gogh was a god awful artist: his "starry night" painting didnt look like a starry night at all! it looked like a big pile of dog shit because it wasnt conformed to the romantic style of the day. his self portraits? absolute shit! the anatomy? horrible! god forbid that someone wants to draw in their own unique style!

another thin you dont seem to understand about the art is the exaggeration im not sure if youve made it out of your preteens, but i remember that when i was a little kid, everything was big and funky. when i look back on it, everything seemed distorted and ridiculous, kinda like how ryushika sees it. hm.... COINCIDENCE? let me answer that for you:

NO it isnt

"shonen" - LOL because you dont like something, you define it as shounen manga? man i really dont like Ouran, it must be shounen too LOL.

stealing ideas - LOL ok. one chapter has a daruma in it, now it is the worst plagiaristic POS ever. LOL

and you should stick to using words you know, cuz you are definitely not using oblivious right. also, its "chores". chords is relating to music and sh!z
@Rarity the Uni- BEARNGUYEN

I don't like Naruto nor Bleach and thus those are shonen (which is usually I am strong but stronger enemy appears storyline and are super boring) so I believe comparing gag manga to it is bad choice.
And one of the gurus of the marketing and brand image making said to take as much possible but avoid stealing so in general I am not against taking inspiration or even borrowing ideas when it is well done. But as I wrote earlier, in this particular tittle it is annoying. Like watching teen drama from disney channel with younger sister and asking yourself, why did any one did an oblivious thing like this or that?

As for the drawings, those are squalid to me. I also draw from time to time and this pictures aggravates me. How can one called "sensei" create drawings of such low quality? Coloring as well, wouldn't be bad if it was a bit tidier but it pass for me. Drawings are full of spacing problems, anatomical errors and many other annoying little things which usually can be seen in high school doujinshi but not in manga pressed from Square Enix!

I do not neglect cuteness, humor or child-like-theme but there were earlier and better works of these type.

Again repeating myself, it's fun manga when you do not have any better tittle and you are done with house chords or have spare time but feel like reading comic book. Yet, don't expect much from it.
I love this. It's an easy read, and always somehow manages to put me in a good mood.
DISCLAIMER:This post is divided into 2 parts, a serious part, and a troll part. If you are easily offended, do not read the troll part. It is an all-caps-cruise-control sarcasm-fest. Do not take the second part seriously.

@keik
This manga has a very similar premise, but is completely different. In Y&, side characters play a major role and is often a deuteragonist and occasionally main protag in many chapters. In Ryu, she is ALWAYS the protag, with side characters playing a truly side role. Granted, being her family, they are seen often and play the part that she talks to, but not to the extent of Y&.

Perhaps this manga has borrowed ideas, and it almost 100% did, but that is a bad gripe to have about it. If a manga borrowing ideas is "bad" then maybe early-Naruto or Soul Society-Bleach is bad too. They obviously borrowed godmodes, training, and supermoves from Dragon Ball, which is 10+ years older, and it had an anime adaption.

About the drawings, if you look closely (see: not even closely), you can see that the artist draws like that on purpose. It is ridiculously obvious that the artist draws it in that style to mimic the style in which children draw, that is, very squiggly and messed up. As this is about a little girl and her perception of the world, OF COURSE it would look distorted and strange. The artist is most definitely not an incompetant/lazy artist; you can see that the cover is very clean and well drawn. I don't know if you are and artist yourself, but it is actually HARDER imo to draw like it looks in Ryushika. To compare it to Bobobo-bobo-bobo is an insult as that too is purposefully drawn godawfulholymotherofgoditlookssobadbutstillmanagestolookgood but thrice as bad as Ryu. In Bo*7, Sagai draws it bad so it matches the wackiness of the Bo*7 world. In Ryu, it you think about it, if all the lines were straight and clear-cut, it would be a very well drawn manga. But it isn't cuz it's from the perspective of a wacky child.

Lastly, to say that this is something to kill time is the worst part of your gripes. What is Y&? Bobobo? Sket Dance? All of them are ways to use up your time. Y& specifically. There is no plot there. No thinking. It is literally there to kill your time. To think of Y& otherwise is ridonkulous.

This concludes my statement about your post keik.

WARNING INCOMING RAID BOSS

trollmode RARITY MODE ACTIVATED

THIS IS RYUSHIKA COUNTRY MOFO DON'T YOU EVEN SAY. THIS IS ALL ABOUT RYUSHIKA. IN YOTSUBA IT'S ALL ABOUT FUUKA. ILYFUUKA FUUKA ME FUUKA

OLD IDEAS? WELL DBZ HAD SUPERPOWERUPS AND GODMODES, BLEACH AND NARUTO AND SOUL EATER AND BLOOD LAD AND SHIZ SUX B/C THEY HAVE GODS IN THEM TOO. DAMN, KAICHOU WA MAID SAMA SUX CUZ IT COPIED SHERLOCK HOLMES CUZ THERE'S PROBABLY A MAID IN THERE SOMEWHERE

THIS IS MEANT TO KILL TIME? SORRY I FORGOT THAT YOTSUBA HAS AN ENTHRALLING PLOT THAT SPANS CENTURIES AND HAS ONION DEEP CONSPIRACIES. OMYGOD SO THAT'S WHY SHE'S ADOPTED, SHE IS GOD OF THE UNGODIVERSE AND THAT GREEN CLOVER HAIRASITE IS A PORTAL TO THE OTHER DIMENSION

ART IS BOMBTASITCALLY ED&EDD&EDDY STYLE DON'T HATE, APPRECIATE. IM PRETTY SURE THIS DUDE IS GONNA WIN SOME SORT OF RENAISSANCE AWARD FOR BEING THE NEXT MONA LISA (SHE WAS THE SCULPTER OF THE SISTINE CHAPEL)

IN RYU, YOU BASICALLY TAKE A LITTLE KID, AND THEN YOU TAKE SOME ACID AND YOU GET MINDF-

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

THERE'S GODDAMN $^%%$#$%@#@*&#*%(&^(&(*&%^&?$#{@%>@{ FROM THE UNGODIVERSE NOOOOOOOOOOOO-
For me it tries too much to be like Yotsuba&! And there are many very old ideas already used in well known series. For example in first chapter drawing an eye for Daruma was used in Nichijou which is 2 years older and had an anime adaptation. And drawings are almost same level as BoBobobobo-bo but in color. Personally can't thing about this series as something more to just kill time when you are allready done with house chords.
helal olsun kardeş önemli olan böyle bilinmeyen şeyleri çevirmek
    • IMC likes this
this is probably the only story i've ever read that is set almost entirely in one house, and i must admit, i'm really glad i picked it up. it's the sort of story that isn't dramatic, or exceptionally well drawn, and definitely not plotty, but it's sweet and it's fun and always takes an interesting view on the world, which is always a nice thing to have.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics