Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 505votes)

Gosu (The Master)

Alt Names: alt 고수
Author: Ryu Ki-Woon
Artist: Moon Jung-Hoo
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyFantasy FantasyMartial Arts Martial ArtsShounen ShounenWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: A young man set forth to avenge his master, a once powerful martial artist who was betrayed by his own men and barely escaped with his life. Armed with his master's supreme martial art techniques, he is ready to bring terror and wreak havoc among the murim. But before he even got started, he learns that the ones who had betrayed his master are already dead... Erm, so what happens now?

Raws found at: http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=662774&weekday=wed
Go to Gosu (The Master) Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Is there any connection between Gosu and Yongbi The Invicible? New Window Roxis
  • 2 Replies
Topic Too good to read for free New Window jonboybeebop
  • 4 Replies
Topic New Chapter Discussion. New Window geenius3ab
  • 16 Replies
Topic Gosu Wiki New Window Demotivator
  • 6 Replies

1760 Comments

Will this actually mean a break for us, though?

I was under the impression that the translation was still somewhat behind.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Here's hoping there will be something new in season 2. Lately it's been nothing but generic shounen battles. This story has a lot of unexplored potential.

Gosu will fat (again)
Spoiler

If you could read the prologue chapter again...

I went and read it again, thanks, I didn't remember the names. So it's them, and they are alive.

Holy shit.

Spoiler

I don't know what that is.

The Venom Mob are five Chinese actors that became famous for their roles in the 5 Deadly Venoms and regularly continued to do movies together.  Of them, Kuo Chui (Lizard) was the only one that always played a hero while Lu Feng (Centipede) always played the villain.  The other three, Su Chien (Scorpion), Lo Manf (Toad), and Wei Pai (Snake), had varying roles.

i'd say it's the equal to jiang hu in chinese fantasy writing... Korean jiang hu

If you could read the prologue chapter again...

I knew there was more behind this dude, no way he was the real bad guy.

So the theory here is that all these new characters mentioned are the ex disciples of his master?

Or could they be something else?

Murim is the martial community. It's basically regarded, in manhwa, like a different world. There is the normal world, where people ar normal, and the murim, where people do kung fu stuff.

So the old fuck lied and they are all alive huh...

gotta give it to that guy with the mask. he's right. that's a pretty lame ending.

I knew there was more behind this dude, no way he was the real bad guy.

So the theory here is that all these new characters mentioned are the ex disciples of his master?

Or could they be something else?

I want to argue but i'm not very familiar with murim story, so i am uncertain about how it goes generally..... but we'll see

The Venom Mob are five Chinese actors that became famous for their roles in the 5 Deadly Venoms and regularly continued to do movies together.  Of them, Kuo Chui (Lizard) was the only one that always played a hero while Lu Feng (Centipede) always played the villain.  The other three, Su Chien (Scorpion), Lo Manf (Toad), and Wei Pai (Snake), had varying roles.

Of course he lied, its the law of averages.  You never trust the Centipede and rarely should you trust Scorpion, Toad, or Snake.  That leaves him only a 20% chance the "only survivor" was Lizard.

I want to argue but i'm not very familiar with murim story, so i am uncertain about how it goes generally..... but we'll see

It is possible that Gwi Yeong lied to protect Gang Ryong or to test him to see if he was strong enough to face the others. From how I see it, it is possible that Gwi Yeong was never really "evil" to begin with, and was possibly tricked and used to get rid of the Heavenly Destroyer. Then, he was ambushed by them. Leading him to be disfigured and having a majority of his meridians disrupted (like Sa Paecheon). But, they left him alive just to live a life of ridicule as he was once the strongest of the four. The only problem with this theory is why the sect was destroyed if they never fought amongst themselves (because if they did, then all four of them wouldn't be alive). Anyone else have another theory?

However, Gang Ryong's master was right about how they would come after him if they knew about his existence. I hope Gang Ryong is not too shaken up about how he wasn't able to finish Gwi Yeong off, so he can focus when these three come after him.

Pretty much the vibe that i got. Gwi yeong is just another 'hunchback of notre dame'. A hideous appearence with a good heart. However according to the facts, he collaborated to kill his very own master, yet the narrative managed to convince us (if not only me) that he somehow now took care of some random people in pretext of redemption.

One thing this gwi yeong arc told us was about how fragile Ryong's martial heart is! His master has said time and time again that he is unhindered with his heavenly destruction art.... Being himself, ryong as clueless to the secular world somehow managed to screw up big time against the rosy cheek swordsman...

The people might have followed the heavenly destroyer and when he was defeated people just left the sect. And considered that those traitors crippled the strongest out of them the sect was effective disbanded

Or they decided themselves, fuck the sect instead make a secret organization to rule the world from the shadows. You know, how all those conspiracy plots end up.

The only problem with this theory is why the sect was destroyed if they never fought amongst themselves (because if they did, then all four of them wouldn't be alive). Anyone else have another theory?

The people might have followed the heavenly destroyer and when he was defeated people just left the sect. And considered that those traitors crippled the strongest out of them the sect was effective disbanded

Inb4 he goes back to the shop and brings all those nasties after him.

So, he lied when he said they all dead!

It is possible that Gwi Yeong lied to protect Gang Ryong or to test him to see if he was strong enough to face the others. From how I see it, it is possible that Gwi Yeong was never really "evil" to begin with, and was possibly tricked and used to get rid of the Heavenly Destroyer. Then, he was ambushed by them. Leading him to be disfigured and having a majority of his meridians disrupted (like Sa Paecheon). But, they left him alive just to live a life of ridicule as he was once the strongest of the four. The only problem with this theory is why the sect was destroyed if they never fought amongst themselves (because if they did, then all four of them wouldn't be alive). Anyone else have another theory?

However, Gang Ryong's master was right about how they would come after him if they knew about his existence. I hope Gang Ryong is not too shaken up about how he wasn't able to finish Gwi Yeong off, so he can focus when these three come after him.

aww man just go back to the psychic dumpling waifu.

Of course he lied, its the law of averages.  You never trust the Centipede and rarely should you trust Scorpion, Toad, or Snake.  That leaves him only a 20% chance the "only survivor" was Lizard.

I hope he will make a sect with the other young gosu

I just hope after this arc we can have a cool down from all this drama. 

We getting some Venom Mob!

Join the dark side...

...we have dumplings.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics