Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.6 - 132votes)

Sakura Discord

Alt Names: alt さくらDISCORDalt SAKURA六人行
Author: Masuda Eiji
Artist: Masuda Eiji
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Sakura Kousuke is a boy who strives to throw away a past mired in regret. He transfers to a new school for his second year of high school, believing it will give him a chance to come clean.

Unbeknownst to him, however, the appearance of five other "Sakura"s in his class will bring the past to his present, forcing him to come to terms with himself, his old friends, and a girl who, though being Kousuke's complete opposite, also knows him better than anyone else.

A coming-of-age story, both light-hearted and dramatic, by the author who would later give us "Jitsu wa Watashi wa".
Go to Sakura Discord Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

184 Comments

Well, nobody notices,but the last few pages were like that:

Spoiler

hopefully new sakura is alpha is fuck.

It finally loaded for me, too. :P

I don't know why, but often chapters won't load if it has only been uploaded for a few minutes. I usually need to wait 30 min until the chapter will load.

My interest in this arc just shot up threefold.

Please boss me around more Great Sakura Haruka-sama.

d96.jpg

>tfw the new Sakura is just right

Hey, this Haruka looks feisty.

And you know what they say about feisty women.

cd6.gif

It works fine with me. =O

It finally loaded for me, too. :P

It works fine with me. =O

Is anyone else unable to load chapter 27 right now, or is it just me?

this needs to be an anime

…You know… I kinda like "THE☆Sakura" actually. >.>

Spoiler
I sense a love square.

hmmm

I wish there was a chance this could snag an anime adaptation. Despite being of obviously lower quality than JitsuWa (understandable, being an earlier work), I feel like it's still more than good enough to deserve it.

That being said, I guess it wouldn't be impossible for it to happen. After all, Kiseijuu got one despite being over 20 years old. Who knows, right?

Honestly, this series has some interesting ideas, and I'll definitely finish it since I like the mangaka, but like... you know... why are all the dramatic beats lifted from a bad visual novel? I'm glad he decided to focus more on comedy with Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa, that's clearly his stronger suit. (Although that series has kinda been overstaying its welcome lately.)

Well…

Spoiler

…Nomiya made it pretty clear that she no longer has a household to worry about. .−.

@Matthew: Believe it or not, but Masuda gets better at writing serious scenes in the later parts of Jitsu wa (for the few there are), especially in part 2. Also, you can check out Toumei Ningen no Tsukurikata if you understand French. It's very different but fascinating in its own right.

@whh: Heheh, good catch. =3

dats the point, she'll have some sort of sad story about where her parents are(if alive) and why she's always cheerful or something like that lol 

jst guessing here

i'm guessing next chapter Nomiya's household will come into the attention of Kouske somehow?

Well…

Spoiler

…Nomiya made it pretty clear that she no longer has a household to worry about. .−.

@Matthew: Believe it or not, but Masuda gets better at writing serious scenes in the later parts of Jitsu wa (for the few there are), especially in part 2. Also, you can check out Toumei Ningen no Tsukurikata if you understand French. It's very different but fascinating in its own right.

@whh: Heheh, good catch. =3

Spoiler

Fufufu...

Huh? Still about Oka in the next arc?

but it was nice seeing a side character get such a big spotlight, better than having fcking Kouske solve each and every problem, i'm guessing next chapter Nomiya's household will come into the attention of Kouske somehow? 

This mangaka has fantastic style and really knows how to give weight to a scene... but the scene itself doesn't lend itself well to the artistic flair and holds it back. A very interesting manga that isn't great/good. I would really love to see the mangaka team up with a writer that can match the art. Also, I think the artist needs to go up an age group. Will continue to read but just cause this is endlessly fascinating to me.

Yeah, Masuda overdid it a bit with the creepiness at the start of the arc. He makes the other family members human in the second half, but that makes you wonder all the more what the heck this was all about in retrospect. That's a problem with Sakura Discord's serious parts in general actually − a problem of "dosage".

Also, Mebudad did exactly jack shit in this arc. >.>

……

And for anyone wondering, this was the last super-serious arc of the series. The last two volumes are more light-hearted overall (though they have their serious parts).

I have mixed feelings about this arc. I was fine with the premise behind Mebuki's family troubles, as well as her brother's insecurities...but the degree to which things escalated with regards to her whole family's behavior (namely, zombifying her parents) felt a bit out there.

...Ah whatever. At the end of the day, I'm really just reading this to see more of Masuda Eiji's trademark wide, beaming smiles.

Nomiya's family problems are totally gonna be the final boss

Maybe they'll pull a kokoro connect and make the MC have the biggest problem put off until the end

I feel like Kousuke's problems and insecurities were kind of the starting point for this series, unlike KoCo, which had Iori being pretty darn low key until the end. It could wrap around I suppose, but it doesn't seem as likely as final boss Nomiya.

Spoiler

Wonder what we'll be focusing on now, Mebuki's problem kinda solved, i hope they dont continue this arc even further lol, the generic shitty family making a shitty character is getting dull

Nomiya's family problems are totally gonna be the final boss

Maybe they'll pull a kokoro connect and make the MC have the biggest problem put off until the end

Woah noice a bunch of releases, thx a lot!

Oka is inadvertently getting Onii-chan's blessing to date Mebuki.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics