Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.05 - 488votes)

Maou no Hajimekata - The Comic

Alt Names: alt Cara Mengawali Karir Sebagai Raja Iblis - Komikalt 魔王の始め方 THE COMICalt How to Book on the Devil - The Comicalt How to Build a Dungeon: Book of the Demon Kingalt How to Get Started as the Demon King - The Comicalt 成为魔王的方法
Author: Warau Yakan
Artist: Komiya Toshimasa
Genres: Action ActionEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyHarem HaremSeinen SeinenSmut SmutTragedy Tragedy[no chapters] [no chapters]
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: "I do not trust humans. They’ll betray you without fail.” Aur, the man who had obtained the ability and right to become the Maou at the end of his life of research. Summoning the succubus Lilu, he then sets out on creating his own domain, a gigantic labyrinthine dungeon… The misanthropic Maou taking on the world, the curtain rises on a dark harem fantasy!

Webcomic:
http://www.comic-valkyrie.com/modules/web_valkyrie/maouno/

adapted from web novel series of the same name

========Batoto Staff Notice=========
Chapters removed due to content
that violates our Guidelines on
Inappropriate Content.
PLEASE DO NOT UPLOAD!
========Staff Notice End==========
Go to Maou no Hajimekata - The Comic Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic novel New Window babbo5d
  • 4 Replies

771 Comments

wait, i thought he had more than one village holding the contract, so why only one village send a girl?

This manga is really straddling the line between excellent dark fiction and creepy insight into the author's fetishes. 

I also think they'll be best buds if ever... and Aur make me think of that Mummified mage inside a "DUNGEON" where Rou found his replacement arm...

Also the mage was stated to openly hate humans. :o

Rou is more of a powermaniac while Aur here wants to build his empire.

I also think they'll be best buds if ever... and Aur make me think of that Mummified mage inside a "DUNGEON" where Rou found his replacement arm...

That MC would make perfect drinking buddy for Rou. Sex, drinks, rock'n'roll.

Rou is more of a powermaniac while Aur here wants to build his empire.

2 girls for the price of 1 Chapter... I like where this is going.... ;)

Guys what is all the fuss about??? Has everyone like decided not to read the title..... It's Maou no Hajimekata for a reason.

Does it cross boundaries many of us get put off by? Yes. 

Is it in keeping with the synopsis? Yes.

Did all the complainers just right off the synopsis as codswallop and then get all offended or something?

Well this manga gets more interesting by the chapter.

That MC would make perfect drinking buddy for Rou. Sex, drinks, rock'n'roll.

The new character is super interesting. The Loli too I suppose.

If hes a lich he doesn't need to worry as he's undead.

The juices are flowing, so being an undead is cause for "worry"... Except maybe with Lilu, because she's just a lump of mana, thus, unless she wants to or is ordered to, she won't get pregnant.

However, I don't think he's really "worried" about it because it does feel like he's a family man...

Also, I just outright love how this manga is. The wise and clever demon lord, who does protect his domain's villagers, the fact that he doesn't hold back about sex, the use of the chibis (My lord, the chibis are just done the way I love them). Hell, even the fact, that he has cooking as his hobby.

I find it hard to really care about a main character who's a manipulator and rapist. How am I supposed to give a crap about him or his story?

On top of that, the manga can't find where it wants to be. The dark nature of everything gets thrown off by the comedic moments, and the comedic moments get hampered by the horrifying nature of what he does. It's like it can't decide what it wants to be.

Manipulator? Sure! Rapist? Now that's a bit on the blurry side. He did manipulate the heroine into accepting anything from him, but since she did consent, I'd hardly call it rape.

And just because they are the "dark side" and are "evil" (I actually wouldn't call the entire group he leads evil, sure, they are on the evil side of the moral compass, but they haven't hit the inhumanly evil level yet, and probably never will), does not mean, that they can't end up in silly things, enjoy life and have fun or just have casual interaction with others.

Hey, a Maou that is evil and efficient. Breaking the latest trend of them being cute and inoffensive or goofy.

He's only efficient because he's the main character and the heroes thus far were a pushover and your typical anime "kawaii warrior" who has no will or intelligence of her own.

I think I'll stick to the more likable "overlord" types.

I find it hard to really care about a main character who's a manipulator and rapist. How am I supposed to give a crap about him or his story?

On top of that, the manga can't find where it wants to be. The dark nature of everything gets thrown off by the comedic moments, and the comedic moments get hampered by the horrifying nature of what he does. It's like it can't decide what it wants to be.

Oh, his one looks like 'Overlord' done right, just with Dungeon Keeper as base and not some generic MMORPG.

is there a lite novel for this it is fking good

https://kobatochandaisuki.wordpress.com/novel/maou-no-hajimakata/

Although it hasn't been updated in a while and is a side project.

https://diwasteman.wordpress.com/maou-no-hajimekata/

It's been picked up here^ but do note that this guy is using MTL and has pretty much no grasp of Japanese, so it's VERY rough reading.

is there a lite novel for this it is fking good

That's what you think~ :P

Does all this banging in a fantasy setting lead to pregnancies like remonster?

Does all this banging in a fantasy setting lead to pregnancies like remonster?

I suppose Aur wasn't inclined to indulge in the more...esoteric fetishes of the world.

Ahh, I now seriously want to read the noel for this one, still don't know about the story but the characters are quite intriguing. And funny how the only true devil has the most sane personality.

the 3rd chapter wasnt to my taste but i loved the humor at end of chapter 4 xD 

I was buffing that line by expounding on your hypothetical.

Aur could roast all the villages straightaway, and not deal with dissenters.

Yet said villages can provide him labor + reputation against other factions.

Said factions could disrupt his dungeon work after hearing of his existence.

Which weakens their focus on other areas.

Which allows Aur to sneak some effort through said cracks.

Which does this.

Which does that.

A zigzag of supposedly good and supposedly evil checkpoints, all for an unknown goal.

You say that the thought of the protagonist being anything but evil is idiotic?

I counter with this: how many steps ahead is Aur thinking?

At the moment, neither of us know.

Enslaving villages with the threat of annihilation instead of outright annihilating them = "Good"

You've proven my hypothetical. Thank you.

Darn. That's what I call fast harem building.

Uuuh, please be one more heroine he can bang. I'd like to be able to keep reading this,

YOUR HEART IS WEAK

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics