Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.54 - 218votes)

Jigokuren ~Love In Hell~

Alt Names: alt じごくれんalt 地獄恋alt 地狱恋alt Jigokuren (Love In Hell)alt Jigokuren - Love in the Hellalt Jigokuren Love in the Hellalt Jigokuren: Love in the Hellalt Love in the Hellalt Любовь в Аду
Author: Suzumaru Reiji
Artist: Suzumaru Reiji
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiHorror HorrorRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Rintaro Senkawa is a 27 year old guy who got a little drunk one night and died. But that is just the beginning of this story as Rintaro finds himself most unexpectedly in Hell where he meets his guide, the devil Koyori. Can Rintaro take his situation seriously enough to repent for the sins of his former life, or will he face the favored weapon of Hell- the spiked iron club?

Has a spinoff series Jigokuren ~Death Life~:
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/jigokuren-death-life-r16454
Go to Jigokuren ~Love In Hell~ Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Thus, I reviewed Jigokuren New Window Swifft
  • 0 Replies
Topic Spoiler-- The reason he's in Hell. New Window Polygons
  • 12 Replies
Topic I'm Confused New Window tut_01
  • 2 Replies
Topic [Jigokuren] Official Discussion Thread New Window Souldrake
  • 1 Replies
Topic The Tenth Circle: The Hell of Runaways New Window Souldrake
  • 6 Replies
Topic Status: In Danger New Window Souldrake
  • 4 Replies

359 Comments

NOO!!!

KYOURI!!!

Someone get a giant blender, Yama needs an alpaca protein shake.

He can just come up from down there? And they made him strong enough to kidnap a devil? Also it doesn't make much sense that the devil below would follow his requests and do something to her, he is a sinner,she is a devil. Well maybe this is just misdirection.

Note about the following: I doesn't bother me that suicide is a sin in this manga. It has hell and purgatory so it's based on christian ideas and suicide being a sin is a christian idea.

Manliness!

That is if you consider there's no 'higher being' that judges you, and it implies that your life is not truly yours.

There're philosophical concepts out there supporting this in a non-religious way such as you were born of the Earth so you are the Earth's, or you exist because others recognize your existence (which is more popular in manga than I think therefore I am), and each person being a gear in a system so destroying yourself is hurting the system etc.

Yeah but these concepts aren't very good arguments.

If you were the Earths, then that wouldn't matter since the Earth is not a thinking entity with goals (and being born of something, doesn't make you property).

Other recognizing your existence has hardly anything to do with "I think therefore I am" and doesn't imply that you life belongs to the others.

And being part of a system doesn't automatically mean you have obligations to this system. (Also, the damage to the system are very minimal: One funeral. You could argue "the system loses the potential positive actions the person could have taken", but then you also have to say that it's immoral to not do your very best. And you would have to prove that you are obligated to provide positive effects to the system.)

Now obviously some people spin much more complex arguments from stances like that, but I have yet to see one I find convincing.

WHY U ENDING???

this was such a fun read. :(

well, this definitely got a lot more interesting.

Manliness!

That is if you consider there's no 'higher being' that judges you, and it implies that your life is not truly yours.

There're philosophical concepts out there supporting this in a non-religious way such as you were born of the Earth so you are the Earth's, or you exist because others recognize your existence (which is more popular in manga than I think therefore I am), and each person being a gear in a system so destroying yourself is hurting the system etc.

super-onion-head-emoticon.gif Well Said

Manliness!

And why is that? My life is mine if i want to sell organs or commit suicide it's purely my decision not yours or my parents. Don't bother using excuses like  how my life is a blessing from god and i should not waste it..... 

Well, if you kill yourself, you've got a straight ticket to hell, no matter how good you are^^

If you ask me, it is VERY unreasonable (to go through whatever happens to you in hell) over ending your life like that 

But apparently it can't be helped and honestly- just because you have some trouble right now doesn't mean that it's not gonna become any better in the future.

Our MC got dropped into purgatory, not into hell -.-

Actual hell is in the abyss he just jumped down into.

The main difference between hell and purgatory is that in purgatory, you CAN get redemption, but if you go to hell it is over for you, eternal suffering (man, that's one hell of a nasty place he jumped into)

And why is that? My life is mine if i want to sell organs or commit suicide it's purely my decision not yours or my parents. Don't bother using excuses like  how my life is a blessing from god and i should not waste it..... 

Spoiler

Rintarou turned manly all of a sudden :3

Anyone think that old man is actually Misa's father? I do!

Yes the Alpaca with tits old man... that one.

Well, if you kill yourself, you've got a straight ticket to hell, no matter how good you are^^

If you ask me, it is VERY unreasonable (to go through whatever happens to you in hell) over ending your life like that 

But apparently it can't be helped and honestly- just because you have some trouble right now doesn't mean that it's not gonna become any better in the future.

The main difference between hell and purgatory is that in purgatory, you CAN get redemption, but if you go to hell it is over for you, eternal suffering (man, that's one hell of a nasty place he jumped into)

Rofl. 

Final [untranslated] line of the chapter: Hurry, Rintaro!! Next time, the finale!

Why must the good mangas end so fast

Final [untranslated] line of the chapter: Hurry, Rintaro!! Next time, the finale!

This manga has so many layers to it, i love it.

every time I read this manga my heart feels it just got ntr. :'(

This manga is like a russian roulette. I took the the bullet with the little girl who got eaten last time, and now... I feel disgusted.

I was looking for a good laugh, now i'm more depressed...

Awww man.... if they show how Misa got into hell too, that's gonna be more heart ache

Oh shit, muh feels. I don't fucking know what I should be feeling. This author man.

I was supposed to go sleep... But I said, "ah an update." It couldn't hurt to stay up a little longer. I was very, very wrong. ... It could have been anything.... So why?

He went to hell because it was a sin he never repented for, I'm basing this on how he died a drunken wreck in an alley.

is that the reason for going to hell. i don't see what he did wrong, yeah he did help her but thats all. 

To be fair, he got into hell for a pretty stupid reason. He was a grade schooler, for fuck's sake.

ture, never said that the reason was a justified one. Just meant that the background was more serious then I'd have thought

Ugh, I don't even wanna imagine what her dad was making her do. That dad is more demonic than anyone else in this entire series so far. >_< There's a special place in hell for someone like him, that's for sure.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics