Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.63 - 445votes)

Kanojo wa Rokurokubi

Alt Names: alt 彼女はろくろ首alt 그녀는 로쿠로쿠비alt Kanojyo wa Rokuro Kubialt She is the Rokurokubi
Author: Nieki Zui
Artist: Nieki Zui
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A story about a long-necked girl's love life: Kanoi Natsuki and her childhood friend Itsuki visit the same school and there seems to be more between them besides friendship. As a Rokurokubi, her quirk of stretching her neck is normal for her and her surroundings, but it's not always her choice to stretch it and although she has feelings for Itsuki, she can't tell him what she feels. Ultimately, she has to go through misunderstandings and shame. Itsuki, meanwhile, manages to make any awkward situations dissolve... or maybe not!?
Go to Kanojo wa Rokurokubi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Raws and spoilers New Window Nikkilak
  • 1 Replies

719 Comments

Why are they not translating stuff like "youkai" or "rokurokubi"? That kind of stuff really bugs in translations. Or is it their keikaku?

And don't gimme any of that "oh it can't be translated" bullcrap. She could very well be a long-necked girl and it would get the point across. 

I dunno, I just don't like leaving terms untranslated. It's lazy.

It's better that way, it same with onii-chan, kohai, senpai, sensei, suffix(-San, -kun, -chan), etc.
If they get translated, it's sound weird.

Why are they not translating stuff like "youkai" or "rokurokubi"? That kind of stuff really bugs in translations. Or is it their keikaku?

And don't gimme any of that "oh it can't be translated" bullcrap. She could very well be a long-necked girl and it would get the point across. 

I dunno, I just don't like leaving terms untranslated. It's lazy. 

Does this manga involve Hitler and a foot fetish? I'm really really confused by the comments, and the cover doesn't match the summary.

And to be honest, Hitler was dreadful in terms of speaking/expression. Having read the mein kampf for a project on the european dictatorships I can assure you many parts are cringeworthy for how badly written they are. Some of his speeches are fairly tedious too.

Maybe tedious to you, but he was clearly charismatic and knew how to say his shit to rile people up.

Regarding chapter 10 - I think everyone assumed it was an error in the kanji, since "cousin" is read the same way as in English, both genders are "itoko" but girl is 従姉妹 and guy is 従兄弟. It was author's mistake that somehow wasn't caught in the initial release.

Either that or his "male" cousin had some HUGE knockers.

Spoiler

I like how you made an entire argument against xenophobia and predatory politics and then fit it into fear mongering tactics and then spin it to bash modern politicians. As if Hitler used well-used and well-versed public speaking tactics to push genocide from the get go and not to reinvigorate the German economy. Just because someone is great at public speaking does not mean that they are "like Hitler".

I don't understand how a rom-com seinen manga detracted to /r/badhistory level high school essays. The xenophobia presented in the manga aren't clear enough to be generalized to xenophobic practices by Japan.

And to be honest, Hitler was dreadful in terms of speaking/expression. Having read the mein kampf for a project on the european dictatorships I can assure you many parts are cringeworthy for how badly written they are. Some of his speeches are fairly tedious too.

1/4-Based Anon
Jun 09 2016 07:41 PM

Please check out chapter 10. Itsuki's Cousin was changed from a Trap to a Girl in the Volume. So no trap youkai for you.

Spoiler

I like how you made an entire argument against xenophobia and predatory politics and then fit it into fear mongering tactics and then spun it to bash modern politicians. As if Hitler used well-used and well-versed public speaking practices to push genocide from the get go and not to reinvigorate the German economy. Just because someone is great at public speaking does not mean that they are "like Hitler".

I don't understand how a rom-com seinen manga detracted to /r/badhistory level high school essays. The xenophobia presented in the manga aren't clear enough to be generalized to xenophobic practices by Japan.

The fact that Hitler was seen as a hero, a revolutionist who represented the people's worries and fear. People could relate to what he was saying and the way he said it.

That is why the majority of germans were nazies and loved it at that time. Only after the war they woke up but did they regret what they did? Not only the germans but even the polish and so on. Look at how they treated the jews like they were rabied animals that needed to be put down. This was not done by one man, by some soldiers but by the average human, the me and you.

Search Pogrom and you will shocking images. Bodies of children, women, men, old people and so on. Killed by the soldiers, killed by mobs, killed by individuals, killed by the leaders. Not only killed but tortured, humilated and pure and simple destroyed.

Sorry for making it grim but in the recent years, when I see leaders taking advantages of a human's fear, such as fear of the unknown, fear of strangers, fear of change... it is sickening that he is similar to Hitler. They use the same propaganda as Hitler, even "good" politicians use lies, speeches the same way Hitler did which is sad.

Since i'm from poland i may be a little biased. But if you refere to poland here because there were reports about how polish sold out jews, well you aren't exactly wrong because there were those kind of ppl but you would find them anywhere no matter the country. While obviously we shouldn't tolerate what those ppl did, we shouldn't also forget about those who sacrificed themselves or exposed themselves to constant danger to help and save jews. There is a reason why there is so much polish ppl who are included in that friends of jewish ppl or something like that which is granted by israel if i remember ( i may be wrong don't lynch me).

Regarding the xenophobic behaviour in this manga. Xenophobes are everywhere no matter the country,age so we shouldn't be so surprised about this, of course it isn't a behaviour that deserves to be praised and be put on pedestal. But i can't really imagine a situation where we got rid of that barbaric attitude.

humans tend to group together and kick the odd one out.

That is why no matter how much they say "express your individuality" they actually mean be the same as everyone else.'

ie.

"express your individuality play <insert popular sport here> like your friends, join <insert well known club here> with <him>/<her> or go to summer camp and learn with <insert well known mascot here>."

Which is why I tend to exclude every single human from my group

Damn humans...

humans tend to group together and kick the odd one out.

That is why no matter how much they say "express your individuality" they actually mean be the same as everyone else.'

ie.

"express your individuality play <insert popular sport here> like your friends, join <insert well known club here> with <him>/<her> or go to summer camp and learn with <insert well known mascot here>."

Damn humans...

We're talking about Japan here - one of the most historically xenophobic countries out there. Although other Asian countries aren't too far behind, it isn't a surprise that they're racist in this here manga.

It has become much better nowadays due to globalisation, but the old guard still exists.

The fact that Hitler was seen as a hero, a revolutionist who represented the people's worries and fear. People could relate to what he was saying and the way he said it.

That is why the majority of germans were nazies and loved it at that time. Only after the war they woke up but did they regret what they did? Not only the germans but even the polish and so on. Look at how they treated the jews like they were rabied animals that needed to be put down. This was not done by one man, by some soldiers but by the average human, the me and you.

Search Pogrom and you will shocking images. Bodies of children, women, men, old people and so on. Killed by the soldiers, killed by mobs, killed by individuals, killed by the leaders. Not only killed but tortured, humilated and pure and simple destroyed.

Sorry for making it grim but in the recent years, when I see leaders taking advantages of a human's fear, such as fear of the unknown, fear of strangers, fear of change... it is sickening that he is similar to Hitler. They use the same propaganda as Hitler, even "good" politicians use lies, speeches the same way Hitler did which is sad.

Very powerful chapter accomplished with a scarcity of dialogue and strong imagery and paneling.

Really great stuff.

this is so nice, so glad I'm reading this

Just gonna say, the fact she has a big neck is kinda like cheating in life, sorta.. like, goddamn... doesn't even have to get outta bed to open doors... 

even though that's grimy...

You know what... never mind...

We're talking about Japan here - one of the most historically xenophobic countries out there. Although other Asian countries aren't too far behind, it isn't a surprise that they're racist in this here manga.

It has become much better nowadays due to globalisation, but the old guard still exists.

Yeah, but previously we thought that it was just his mother who was racist in a society where youkai coexist with humans.

RIGHT IN THE FEELS.

That chapter really makes sense of the last two chapters. I was kinda wondering wtf is he apolagising for
Holy jesus.
Spoiler
This is goddamn amazing. Who the hell are you, Neiki Zui, and how do I get you to make a thousand more series like this?

And here i'm wondering why the heck all of them wear blacks on that scene... ;_;

Kanoi's mom funeral?

And just ago i was wondering why the heck all of them wear blacks on that scene... ;_;

Nevermind, I guess their society is racist after all.

Their's isn't the only one.  Racism rears its ugly head in many countries, whether it be against indigenous peoples, gypsies, Africans... you name it.  If you're different, you are a target.

And that's funny, because, in the end, we are all different of each other. 

Finally, the depressing chapters are over! Welcome back, fluffy comfy romcom!

Very interesting chapter, showing racism within the society... I was wondering whether everybody aside from the MCs mom would really be accepting "non-humas". What piques my curiosity now is how exactly he managed to get into a "youkai" school

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics