Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.08 - 111votes)

Cupid's Chocolates

Alt Names: alt Aishen Qiaokeli Jinxing Shialt 爱神巧克力进行时
Author: Vivian
Artist: Vivian
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiHarem HaremRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manhua (Chinese)
Description: Jiang Hao, a normal high school student who is extremely scared of getting into trouble, suddenly becomes the Harem King of his school and gets confessed to by a bunch of beautiful girls! The worst thing is, Jiang Hao doesn't know any of the girls who confessed to him! What on earth is happening? This is a manhua that shouldn't be missed by fans of the harem genre!

Original Webcomic: ac.qq.com/Comic/comicInfo/id/530456
Go to Cupid's Chocolates Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Cupid's Chocolates released chapter discussion New Window truepurple
  • 1 Replies

202 Comments

i can bear with not-so-good graphic visualization, i can tolerate some and/or many deformed anatomy, i can endure short chapters even if its updated once in a month...  even so... there are limits to everything... patience, kindness, etc etc... but chapter 21 has finally did it... but the author has just went beyond it... and mine has finally run out... OMFG! JESUS CHRIST!!!

Spoiler

i quit... *shiver* *shiver*

Is page 11 supposed to be empty or is it just me?

wait a sec a 7 foot Chinese? that has to be a translation error especily considering the MC isn't towering over all the other characters

More of an uninformed translation. It's an idiom from olden times when the 'chi' measurement represented a much shorter distance. Around the Three Kingdoms period, 7 chi used to mean roughly 1.7 m or 5'6", i.e. the height of a robust, adult man.

A better translation would be 'full-grown man' since that's what the idiom alludes to, kind of like the answer to 'what is the measure of a man?'

If you can read Chinese, there's a good overview here: http://wenda.tianya.cn/question/39018f6d3dc3ad06

wait a sec a 7 foot Chinese? that has to be a translation error especily considering the MC isn't towering over all the other characters

Right? I was wondering when Yao Ming became the MC of a harem manhua, and it he certainly couldn't be referring to the size of his dong. I will give the MC credit where it's due though; he's certainly got balls, even while dressed like cute girl.

Fairly certain I have actually ...

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/idol-pretender-r625

Never 4get

The asspain when MC wanted to bang his bro instead of the main girl

I don't think I've ever seen anyone be so manly while saying they'll be the girliest of girls.

AKB49 comes close with becoming the greatest idol of idols

trap to the rescue

After watching all 7 episodes I noticed

Spoiler

Because of that my next thought was the author must be female and it turns out I was right...

Spoiler

While I don't claim to have seen the episodes if they are following the premise of the story... I don't think a person who gets the crap knocked out of him (twice) within the first couple of chapters can qualify as a "Gary Stu" ...they are supposed to be loved by everyone due to talents. This guy is fleeing in all possible directions from trouble before giving up and handling it if only to make the pain stop.

Just noticed GOS picked it up, nice.

Fairly certain I have actually ...

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/idol-pretender-r625

I don't think I've ever seen anyone be so manly while saying they'll be the girliest of girls.

Heh. You think this is bad, you should see the chianime.

yes....if you look further down the page you'll notice that I have.

The mark of a good artist whatever field they work within is to adapt what has gone before to a contemporary audience, tropes are merely tools used to convey a story,  we can probably look at Gilgamesh, the  Iliad, or Shakespeare's many works and identify their "tropes" and "clichés" it would not degrade them, (to be clear I'm not equating this story with those but the same rules stand.)

Heh. You think this is bad, you should see the chianime.

A tough sports girl struggling with her girliness you say...
Spoiler

To quote the late Admiral Ackbar, "It's a trap!"

7 foot.....chinese.........uhuh

-----

Also GoC, do you have any intention of picking up "Master in my dreams" again?

Thing is, if you notice, Japanese manga actually deliberately use a fake company that looks similar to the real one, but isn't.

Yep, I noticed it… but I always thought it was a pun… really, it’s outright foolish – copyright is good, and chinese should really learn it, but you can’t copyright a cafè or a restaurant. It’s idiotic. You ask what if they talk shit about them – that’s a completely different matter, it’s slander, not a copyright issue.

Just think about american movies: every time you see a laptop, it’s apple. Also, if they need to film a street scene, they don’t go around covering shop signs first…

Anyway, let’s just enjoy the manhua =D

They do care about copyrights, after all MC's name isn't Keima.

The cups didn't feature a bland-name product?

Chinese don't care about trademarks. Just like honey badgers.

??? It’s just free advertisement Vivian is doing, they should be grateful actually…

(Also, starbucks is just part of everyday life for so many… if you can’t talk about it because of copyright, what the heck??)

Thing is, if you notice, Japanese manga actually deliberately use a fake company that looks similar to the real one, but isn't.

Vehicles, phones, computers, fast food. Unless they're licensed, they generally do not use the real thing. This includes Starbucks and Mcdonalds; they're changed ever so slightly.

This being a Chinese Manhua, where China is infamous for counterfeiting and saying they aren't infringing on copyright (where in most other places in the world, they would be), I'm not surprised.

The Manhua likely isn't for an international audience, so stuff like this would probably be acceptable. Their society itself deems this type of thing okay, to my knowledge anyway.

Yes, it is free advertising, but what if the company was depicted in a negative manner? Then it's a larger issue.

That's my two cents on this matter though. I'm just enjoying the effort by the author/artist and translation team, where I appreciate both.

Vivian gives no f*cks about copyright. Starbucks? Easy. Hyperdimension Neptunia? No problem. Others at least try to hide it. But not this one. This one don't care bout no licensing. *shifts head from side to side*

??? It’s just free advertisement Vivian is doing, they should be grateful actually…

(Also, starbucks is just part of everyday life for so many… if you can’t talk about it because of copyright, what the heck??)

Vivian gives no f*cks about copyright. Starbucks? Easy. Hyperdimension Neptunia? No problem. Others at least try to hide it. But not this one. This one don't care bout no licensing. *shifts head from side to side*

Suddenly, Hyperdimension Neptunia.

http://vatoto.com/reader#1fda7f90d603b6fe_6

...I'm okay with this.

... The yandere's first strike. Poor bastard...

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics