Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.64 - 187votes)

Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni!

Alt Names: alt ¡Señorita Shinosaki, a este paso te volveras Otaku!alt 宅女是如何炼成的alt 篠崎さん気をオタしかに!alt Miss Shinozaki, You Might Turn into An Otaku at This Rate!
Author: Hikawa Shou
Artist: Hikawa Shou
Genres: Comedy ComedySchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenShoujo Ai Shoujo AiSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: With her beautiful looks and outgoing personality, Shinozaki Akina used to be the leader of a group of hotties on the top of a class hierarchy. After her high school debut was delayed, however, she finds herself isolated in the class.

Next to Akina sits Sasamura Kaede, an otaku girl who can turn into a bishoujo with her glasses off. Akina decides to get Kaede out of the otaku life and groom her for a perfect high school life, but the only way to get close to Kaede is for Akina to pretend to be a Precure otaku herself to her chargrin...
Go to Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic [SPOILERS] Current Chapter Discussion New Window svines85
  • 1 Replies

416 Comments

z1POFza.png?1

"You want to take me as a hostage? How about I wreck your shit instead mate?"

OK... Shinozaki is starting to see galge halucinations now.... Soon enough she will be faceless and given 3 choices for everything she is about to do... I'm happy it turned out this way

horrible incest anime

Is this OreImo we're talking about?

This certainly was a surprise, sweet, warm and funny. I was afraid of it being like that horrible incest anime (incest is fine, but how it was handled was not), luckily it was not. Instead here we have a cool big brother, and chapters with cohesive storyline. With the spice of awesome anime/manga/game references as the topping, great stuff.

You have my gratitude Comet-Scans, btw love your credit notes.

ch.10 Well, the author sure upped the hilarity. And he's actually drawn the "action" well.

-Akina falls into the deep end. Contrast with Kaede and Micchi who "get along" with their mates.

-A bit weird to see "fake" references to Precure here. It's still good though, and the soccer episode should have existed anyway. I can see parallel with the sports festival episode.

ZbJaMgr.png

She is truly that man's sister.

lol akina was totally going to get some normal friends if she wasn't so obsessed with kaede and becoming an otaku.

Still, shoujo ai/yuri is an odd sub-genre. I mean, it describes subject matter. But at the same time it acts like a small marketing category of its own--like, there are magazines like Yuri Hime and Tsubomi that are clearly aimed at a particular yuri fan audience, and have taken on a kind of feel, with some typical approaches to storytelling and such. This doesn't really feel like a story from that genre. For better or worse, it feels like something published in a shounen/seinen mag, with shounen storytelling conventions, art style and so forth, that happens to have girls who like girls in it. Which is probably what it is.

Understanding why yuri is a difficult tag requires having an idea of the history of the yuri genre in Japan. Not refuting what you're saying, or implying you personally don't know the history btw. Just commenting with regards to your post.

Still, shoujo ai/yuri is an odd sub-genre.  I mean, it describes subject matter.  But at the same time it acts like a small marketing category of its own--like, there are magazines like Yuri Hime and Tsubomi that are clearly aimed at a particular yuri fan audience, and have taken on a kind of feel, with some typical approaches to storytelling and such.  This doesn't really feel like a story from that genre.  For better or worse, it feels like something published in a shounen/seinen mag, with shounen storytelling conventions, art style and so forth, that happens to have girls who like girls in it.  Which is probably what it is.

yep, I think this manga is more like shounen with yuri on it, it doesn't give me the kind of draw of a shoujo series.

You do realize that "shoujo ai" is not a type of shoujo.... right?

I think it was tagged incorrectly as 'shoujo' earlier, and quickly fixed afterwards.

I'm dying when I read the new chapter, so many references/

ZbJaMgr.png

With the exception maybe of the really self-obsessed otaku guy in chapter 4, this manga is really pretty positive with most of its portrayal of otaku. :>

now that you mention it, indeed makoto has been a pretty cool brother indeed. even akina's friend envy her having a brother like that.

wait what? how does it suggest that? if anything it would suggest  shoujo with Shounen ai  just as this is shounen with Yuri

I was trying for... sarcasm and satire.

Obviously I do not have the flair for such notions.

Next time I'll put "READ IN SARCASTIC TONE" next to my comments.

So then... you're saying that shounen ai and yaoi is meant for shounen? Interesting thought, but I'm gonna have to give those a miss.

wait what? how does it suggest that? if anything it would suggest  shoujo with Shounen ai  just as this is shounen with Yuri

yep, I think this manga is more like shounen with yuri on it, it doesn't give me the kind of draw of a shoujo series.

So then... you're saying that shounen ai and yaoi is meant for shounen? Interesting thought, but I'm gonna have to give those a miss.

You do realize that "shoujo ai" is not a type of shoujo.... right?

ch.9 

-Makoto has been pretty cool so far. It's rather refreshing.

I want him as my brother, I need 1 more people to help me with quest and he is a Pro player.

now that you mention it, indeed makoto has been a pretty cool brother indeed. even akina's friend envy her having a brother like that.

ch.9 

It strange how now days manga don't have those kind of characters.

maybe he should buy a lock for the door instead of a game for once

Normally, I wouldn't read shoujo ai manga. I still reading this one because of the otaku brother and many other things make it so this manga is not just about shoujo ai.

ajAC782.png?1

lol, look like I'm a true Alicesoft fan since I know instantly that he is talking about Toushin Toshi 3.

http://alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Toushin_Toshi_3

ch.9 

-Akina's other friends are too. Not sure why I haven't thought this before but they're like the trio from Yuyushiki with Akina as an extra. I don't remember this type of trio being popular.

-I'm not sure what to feel about the part where Akina finally told her otaku friends she wants to go shopping. It feels like that part needs its own chapter. Then again, Akina has been doing that for a while now, this is the "result"

Normally, I wouldn't read shoujo ai manga. I still reading this one because of the otaku brother and many other things make it so this manga is not just about shoujo ai.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics