Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.63 - 57votes)

Koi wa Hikari

Alt Names: alt Aşk Işıktıralt Koi ha Hikarialt Love is Lightalt 恋は光
Author: Aki Eda
Artist: Aki Eda
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Saijou is a college student who has the ability to see the love in a girl's heart in form of sparkles. As no sparkles shine towards him, he avoids girls except his friend Kitashiro who he meet in middle school. But one day he meets a girl named Shinonome who wants to know what love is and he decides to become her friend as he considers both of them as similar.
Go to Koi wa Hikari Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

94 Comments

Maybe it's the light of happiness? Or excitement? Like one of those feelings directed at a specific person, maybe?

So damn interesting!

This is so interesting that it could easily be one of those mystery/detective/puzzle mangas where the readers need to solve them.

But I do love the Slice of Life/Seinen/Romance format it's in.

i need a few theories to analyze.

love = light. SOMETIMES

possess = light. MOSTLY

thinking yourself in love= light JUST HAPPENED

so then what

Oh shit, now I get more confused!

just what is this light?

why kitashiro didn't sparkle?

img000014.jpg

Oh man, Kitashiro fucked up. Now, the guy would avoid Shinonome and if Kitashiro sparkles too, he would avoid her.

Well if the romance plot flows with the shoujo rule (I know it's seinen, don't throw sh*t at me), the dark-haired guy would most likely end up with the bright-haired girl. Which is good news for us Plus, can anyone confirm if Sensei is the guy's actual name or because he's a pro at something? I didn't catch his full name while reading the whole thing

the reason for his name will be revealed soon

Are we all fairly agreed that we like Kitashiro the best?
It's good to know I'll have brothers and sisters to cry with if the story goes the standard "first girl comes in first" ending.

Well if the romance plot flows with the shoujo rule (I know it's seinen, don't throw sh*t at me), the dark-haired guy would most likely end up with the bright-haired girl. Which is good news for us

Plus, can anyone confirm if Sensei is the guy's actual name or because he's a pro at something? I didn't catch his full name while reading the whole thing

Safe to say that what he sees is not true love but puppy love.

I'd say it's desire.

He's a pure guy so he attributed it to love.

Oh my god! This is amazing!!!

Kitashiro the best, Yadagiri a shit 

That's what you call true childhood friends. They can have fun talking about almost anything without holding back: from love to toilet paper. Watching them discuss random stuff is the most enjoyable aspect of the manga. It's bonnouji all over again

Are we all fairly agreed that we like Kitashiro the best?

It's good to know I'll have brothers and sisters to cry with if the story goes the standard "first girl comes in first" ending.

Desire to posses..

The Sparkles are like obsession or interest more than love XD! And man, am rooting for Kitashiro so hard D:!! GO GO KITASHIRO

Safe to say that what he sees is not true love but puppy love.

So blonde hair girl wins?

Oh how I hope. She's just too cute

The mc is a supermassive black hole.

I believe the sparkles are not of love, but jealousy.

Girls sparkle when someone talks about their boyfriends/crushes - they're jealous of them. Similarly, when they see their crush talking to someone else, they also sparkle.

MC just never noticed because he's dense as fuck.

Just want to throw this out there.  all four characters so far, and their name in kanji, all contains north (kitashiro), east (shinonome), west (saijou), south (minami).  similar to ichigo 100% in that sense. 

So blonde hair girl wins?

Maybe the sparkles mean you're attracted somebody, but when girls are in love he doesn't see sparkles

I completely agree, it's what has kept be interested so far. I think this could turn out to be a very interesting manga from start to finish.

My best guess right now--the sparkles aren't exactly love, but they're not sex either.  They're infatuation (which can go with love, or sexual desire, or both, but doesn't have to); that butterflies-in-the-stomach got-a-crush gotta-have-me-some-of-that feeling. 

It's often said that many women find guys more attractive if they're with someone, if other girls are into the guy.  Whether it's competition, whether it's "That girl must know something, he must have something if he attracted her", it isn't necessarily a calculated thing--it seems to be a real urge, a real feeling like "The scales have fallen from my eyes, that guy is something!"  This girl is an extreme example; she's calculating, but she's also got a drive happening, like "That girl is into him?  WANT!  Two girls are into him?!  Really really WANT!!"  There's no indication that what she wants is sex, what she wants is for him to be her man.

So.  Kitashirou doesn't sparkle and never did because she was never infatuated with him.  She doesn't have those butterflies in the stomach, she knows him too well.  Like sssr says, it's a wifelike feeling, a slower, calmer love, although I don't think she's nearly as secure or content about the situation as sssr thinks.

And Shinonome is sort of generally benevolent and serene; she doesn't seem to grok the notion of any emotion strong enough to put her off balance.

Kitashiro is best girl.
That's why I still have faith in manga. Every character feels 3dimensional

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics