Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.69 - 144votes)

Kasane (MATSUURA Daruma)

Alt Names: alt 累 ──かさね──alt 累 深红累之渊alt 累(かさね)alt Kasane - La Voleuse de visagesalt Once Againalt Касане
Author: Matsuura Daruma
Artist: Matsuura Daruma
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningDrama DramaHorror HorrorPsychological PsychologicalSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Beautiful people are loved and revered. They have everything they desire right at their fingertips...
Even if that beauty is a complete illusion.

Before Kasane's mother died, she was given a special tube of lipstick from her mother. She was told that if times ever got really really hard, she should wear the lipstick and kiss whatever she really desires.

But is this keepsake a blessing? Or a curse?

@darumaym (Author Twitter)
http://evening.moae.jp/lineup/266 (Official site)

Now available in English digitally from Kodansha USA!
https://kodanshacomics.com/series/kasane/
Go to Kasane (MATSUURA Daruma) Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

202 Comments

So you're really ugly? Love is overrated.

Acquire money.

I don't want to read anymore but I can't help it :(

That's beside the point, but cosmetic surgery can only take you so far. Kasane's half-Glasgow smile, for example, is pretty much impossible to correct. Her own wide mouth, too. Kasane's toad-like face (by the frequency I see it, the toad must be a symbol of ugliness for the Japanese culture) is, all in all, there to stay.

This series is brilliant.

Just wanted to say, you guys do excellent work subbing and cleaning manga. I took a look at some of the samples on google play, T_T. Also, I love how this manga tells it like it is.

She should gain money using the pretty faces and get plastic surgery later on. That lipstick will run out one day after all... (Unless it's too magical to run out.)

Putting that random thought aside, I LOVE IT!

Bi-monthly, actually. (2 weeks)

Currently on Chapter 17.

Ch4 is in QC. Should be able to release it tomorrow night, assuming I'm not slagged after working 10hrs.

Things will surely look up for Kasane next chapter, right?! :)

Spoiler

Thank 

Do you know this manga is weekly or monthly

Ch4 is in QC. Should be able to release it tomorrow night, assuming I'm not slagged after working 10hrs.

Things will surely look up for Kasane next chapter, right?! :)

Spoiler

Does anyone else have a feeling that Igarashi Iku would swap with Kasane at will ? even tho' i have this feeling i don't really believe that the Author would do this after what happened with ichika.

Love this manga, super interesting as fug.

The manga cover is striking!

My resolve apparently took quite awhile :) But the good news is, classes and other stuff are over, and I have a Cleaner now which was where the roadblock was for Ch3. Ch4 is already cleaned, for example. Ideally I can knock it out within the week, but I don't expect anyone to be holding their breath. I'm not entirely satisfied with my fonts so far, so I think I'll look into that. My biggest bone is, my dialogue font lacks a standard Bold, and my other choices seem to lack italic. I want one that has the full range of Italic, Bold, and Bold Italic.

My apologies, I got sick for a few days when I had the time to work on it, and then have a convention this weekend, so I had extra hours at work to compensate and pack. I'll see about finishing it this week/weekend while at the con.

zP5v58t.jpg

oh GOD I FINALLY KNOW WHO SHE LOOKED LIKE the character from 

It's not my fault im not popular.

I am only that see a  critique to society?!

If you want it to come faster, I could really use a cleaner. Each page I scan takes about 15-20mins to clean up. 20pgs in the chapter. And THEN comes the translation and typesetting...

i don't know why but i have this bad feeling that the scanlator is going to stop to translate... i hope i'm wrong

When's chapter 3 coming out?

i don't know why but i have this bad feeling that the scanlator is going to stop to translate... i hope i'm wrong

Random omake doodle from the author on Twitter: Kasane experiments with her powers on small animals. Eventually she goes overboard and creates several chimera-like animals that end up terrorizing people in town lol...

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BP7hgcJCUAAecgO.jpg

Wow... I'm loving this so far.

FYI if you want to check out the author's Twitter, she posts some sketches as twitpics at times. @darumaym and @kasane_fuchi (2nd one is the publisher's PR account that also posts sketches and such)

Looks creepy and interesting...but what age are they even? Those thoughts couldn't have possibly come from  a kid, even if she is being bullied.

You shouldn't understimate kids. And besides, even after all this suffering she thought about forgiving the kids, even though her hopes were betrayed.

I do have to say my favorite part so far is in Ch2 where

Spoiler

The one thing to consider too is, regarding her mother:

Spoiler

Soooooo GOODDDDDDDDDDDDD

Spoiler

I guess the lipstick never runs out...

well, it IS a magical lipstick  :P

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics