Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 152votes)

Natsume Yuujinchou

Alt Names: alt ๅคใซใฏใŸใ‚ๆฏใ‚’ใคใalt ๅค็›ฎๅ‹ไบบๅธณalt ๅฆ–ๆ€ช่”็ปœ็ฐฟalt ๋‚˜์ธ ๋ฉ” ์šฐ์ธ์žฅalt Heave a Sigh in Summeralt In the Corner of the Schoolyardalt Le Pacte des yรดkai (French)alt Manabiya no Sumialt Natsu ni wa Tameiki (w)o Tsukualt Natsume Book of Friendsalt Natsume Yujin-Choalt Natsume Yujinchoalt Natsume Yuujin-choualt Natsume'nin ArkadaลŸ Kitabฤฑalt Natsume's Book of Friendsalt ฺฉุชุงุจ ุฏูˆุณุชุงู† ู†ุงุชุณูˆู…ู‡ (Persian)
Author: Midorikawa Yuki
Artist: Midorikawa Yuki
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Natsume's just an ordinary kid, except he can see spirits, just like his grandma Reiko could. Reiko, though, used to bully the spirits, and bound them to her will in the "Book of Friends." Now that Natsume has inherited this book, a never-ending stream of spirits is coming after him.
With the help of a spirit "cat" (who really just wants Natsume to die so he can have the book), Natsume spends his days dissolving the contracts that bind the spirits and trying not to get killed.

Extras:
โ€ข Manabiya no Sumi (In the Corner of the Schoolyard) in v.6.
โ€ข Natsu ni wa Tameiki (w)o Tsuku (Heave a Sigh in Summer) in v.7.

Spin-off:

> Nyanko Sensei ga Iku!
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/nyanko-sensei-ga-iku-r10573 )
Go to Natsume Yuujinchou Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Season Five Coming Fall 2016! New Window ivyandblueroses
  • 3 Replies
Topic ITS GREAT New Window aida
  • 0 Replies
Topic Natsume Yuujinchou chapters on Transcendence New Window Kaellyna~chu~
  • 3 Replies

114 Comments

DMCA'd again.

I don't get it. Why were so many chapters removed? The series' description says that the group scanlating doesn't allow their releases to be hosted by other sights. However, Transcendence' release policy, unless it has changed recently, details Batoto as the ONLY site allowed to host their works.

--Removed for brevity--

I am unfamiliar with the process that goes into fixing this type of chapter removal mix-up. Could someone help? ^__^;;

Since everyone keeps asking and it seems people have yet to answer, they were likely DMCA'd. Natsume Yuujinchou is lisenced in English by viz and published in Shoujo Beat, so batoto likely got requested to take the chapters down. As for why sometimes only a handful of chapters go missing, the DMCA requests are sent on a per-chapter basis.

There's an official list of everything that gets taken down somewhere but I don't feel like finding it. xD

It's so nice to see that Natsume has more friends that can accept him now and are willing to battle the ayakashi with him.  Let the Natsume army grow!

I wonder if Shibata is going to keep making guest appearances.. I like how angry Natsume gets when he's around. It's pretty funny. 

That chapter scared me. Dolls are so creepy....

Chp 74 scared me a bit but just like any other chapter it leaves you feeling good at the end.

Finally 74 \o\ Yay!

But, btw, wth happened with the previous chapters? o.รต (= where are they?)

it's nothing really action-y... or anything flashy at all...
but boy, never does it fail to leave some impression after reading.

I don't get it. Why were so many chapters removed? The series' description says that the group scanlating doesn't allow their releases to be hosted by other sights. However, Transcendence' release policy, unless it has changed recently, details Batoto as the ONLY site allowed to host their works.

More so, the odd thing about the deletion of these chapters is that while SOME of Transcendence' chapters have been taken others were left up. Transcendence Scans have been working on Natsume Yuujinchou, either alone or in partnership with other groups, since chapter 11. Now all but six of those chapters have been removed.

Likewise, the group Seafood Buffet, a group releasing their own versions of Natusme Yuujinchou for the past several chapters, does not have any policy forbidding Batoto from hosting their releases. (Batoto also hosts their other project, Black Bird, which has not been taken down.)

I am unfamiliar with the process that goes into fixing this type of chapter removal mix-up. Could someone help? ^__^;;

This manga always gives me a case of the feels. IT FEELS GOOD. 

*UNNECESSARY WAIL* ... 'CAUSE FEELS. LIKE USUAL.

I personally think that said man is either a) Natsume's grandfather or B) Reiko's father. We know that Reiko was orphaned, but nobody has ever said anything about how they looked. If Natsume looks so much like Reiko, then perhaps those genes are strong.

So his grandfather was either some sort of hermit with strong spiritual powers, or a youkai/hanyou. Make your bets.

and the plot thickens...

So the possibility of learning about his grandfather really does exist. lol I was always curious, but now there's actually something to show for it.

I've just been made happy <3

I think you only see shounen ai subtext if you are searching for it. Personally I didn't even think about it before seeing your comment... I don't even see any romance in natsume's mind,

I agree. Although occasionaly I see some heavy innuendo or subtle subtext between Natsume and a couple ayakashi (Hinoe for the heavy. Hiiragi for the subtle) but yeah it's only "shounen ai" if your looking for it.

There's NO WAY she doesn't know he can see things that others can't. I think she's just really accepting of it.

That volume 15 special made me tear up. ;___;

Thank you, Seafood Buffet!

Awww, Touko and Shigeru are so nice. 

Spoiler

THE FEELS. I CAN'T. 

Touko and Shigeru are so lovely ;_;

Thanks, Seafood Buffet!

ahhh cliffhanger

Thanks a lot!

Cherry_Cake
Aug 28 2014 07:24 PM

Seafood Buffet I love you guys!!!

I wish we could trust Matoba, and sometimes I feel like he's lonely when it comes down to it.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics