Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.63 - 445votes)

Kanojo wa Rokurokubi

Alt Names: alt 彼女はろくろ首alt 그녀는 로쿠로쿠비alt Kanojyo wa Rokuro Kubialt She is the Rokurokubi
Author: Nieki Zui
Artist: Nieki Zui
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A story about a long-necked girl's love life: Kanoi Natsuki and her childhood friend Itsuki visit the same school and there seems to be more between them besides friendship. As a Rokurokubi, her quirk of stretching her neck is normal for her and her surroundings, but it's not always her choice to stretch it and although she has feelings for Itsuki, she can't tell him what she feels. Ultimately, she has to go through misunderstandings and shame. Itsuki, meanwhile, manages to make any awkward situations dissolve... or maybe not!?
Go to Kanojo wa Rokurokubi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Raws and spoilers New Window Nikkilak
  • 1 Replies

719 Comments

LEWD

90k. Screw Balancing :P

Millena Wins. 

Ever since the reveal, every chapter seems to have a slightly more somber mood despite the comedy.

Except for the omake. All the omakes still have the same sense of WTF.

shit they ain't lying bout that twitter account https://twitter.com/yotchie_0_0

Dat Omake ( °-°)

WTF with the Omake xD

That Omake is just too random mmm...~!

Yeah. Isn't it great?

That Omake is just too random mmm...~!

Hmmm I can't believe I haven't noticed this earlier but the artstyle and ilustrations of this manga are indeed a piece of art, very detailed, nice figure proportions and overall seriously pleasant to look at.

The artstyle is fucking LEWD

Goddammit. that old man face took me by suprise

Hmmm I can't believe I haven't noticed this earlier but the artstyle and ilustrations of this manga are indeed a piece of art, very detailed, nice figure proportions and overall seriously pleasant to look at.

I like how they look kinda realistic; they're not thin at all and makes great cuddling material.

Apart from the fact that they had to come up with a substitite for money or rather sth that spelled big I.O.U, the MEFO bills to keep the economy running.

Under the circumstances that was not a bad idea.  Whoever was in charge would have had to either do something like that or let the meltdown continue.  Greece needs to do it now for vaguely similar reasons (except the EU won't let them).

have we seen yotchy's mouth yet? i completely forget

This was included in volume 3. The QR code links to Yotchy​'s twitter

Spoiler

Wow, missed a lot of different kind of discussions...
About not translating "rokurokubi", well it's japanese mytho, you leave it as it is, because it's name of a monster. You usually don't translate striga (hats off to the Polish people and other Slavs), goblins, trolls etc. unless your folklore has similar creature or you really need to convey the meaning behind the name.

And even then you don't always translate it. Poltergeist is just the German for "noisy ghost" but no one ever questions its use in English.

But the names of creatures/spirits and the likes from folklore are a bit of an odd case when it comes to translation. Many of the creatures from Irish folklore do have translations and counterparts in other languages, and some don't, but it is very rare to see them because something is lost in doing so. For example the Dullahan is an malevolent fairy... yes really, a fairy. So despite their similarity to headless horsemen from other mythos you loose out on something if you translate them as such just so they seem more familiar to people who may not be aware of them.

Striga as you mentioned are another good example. In the simplest terms they are the undead/ghosts but they can also be vampires and living humans with magical powers so you also can't directly pin them down in other languages. 

You mean strzyga? I had no idea what a striga was until I tried to jolt my memory regarding any folklore monsters with "str" in its name ;p

Yes, Strzyga, Striga, Strigoi, Dwojeduschnik, most of you know it from the Witcher.

About not translating "rokurokubi", well it's japanese mytho, you leave it as it is, because it's name of a monster. You usually don't translate striga (hats off to the Polish people and other Slavs),

You mean strzyga? I had no idea what a striga was until I tried to jolt my memory regarding any folklore monsters with "str" in its name ;p

About not translating "rokurokubi", well it's japanese mytho, you leave it as it is, because it's name of a monster. You usually don't translate striga (hats off to the Polish people and other Slavs), goblins, trolls etc. unless your folklore has similar creature or you really need to convey the meaning behind the name. Last time i checked there is no "long-necked girl" in any of popular European stories, and having the Internet we can easily check what kind of monster it is.
Times are changing are so are rules of translation. Of course things like "keikaku" instead of "plan" or "nakama" instead of "comrades" (best fitting translation IMO, sadly not used because of historical connotation) are little overboard, but translating suffixes result in horrendous monstrosities (e.g. Ranma 1/2).

No, it is not entirely a myth.

Investing in research for weapons of war. Building war factories. Using jew slaves, farming humans as slaves actually helped the economy that was on the brink of destruction. Yes, everything he did was cruel, horrific, inexcusable and disgusting but his cruel methods helped the economy of his country and the people who supported his cruel and disgusting beliefs.

Apart from the fact that they had to come up with a substitite for money or rather sth that spelled big I.O.U, the MEFO bills to keep the economy running.

I bet this cavalry battle manages to end before the one in Prison School.

1/4-Based Anon
Jun 25 2016 12:05 PM

If anyone can share Volume 3 raws that'd be nice. Thank you, eiao!

PV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9DvcJE5ScI

Preview of the Volume 3 Cover:

abDtCGU.jpg

Is there some legal reason for the bottom being blurred?

1/4-Based Anon
Jun 23 2016 01:42 PM

Updated the Cover.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics