Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.4 - 131votes)

Zui Wu Dao

Alt Names: alt The First 1alt 最武道
Author: Han Yan
Artist: Han Yan
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyMartial Arts Martial ArtsShounen Shounen
Type: Manhua (Chinese)
Description: [Summary by OSTNT]

In a world of martial arts, a young boy namned Wu was unable to practice martial arts due to his special body, will he accept his fate and live his life bullied and looked down by others or will he rise and become a master?

Original Webcomic:
http://m.ac.qq.com/comic/index/id/531716
http://www.u17.com/comic/82695.html
Go to Zui Wu Dao Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Love this one New Window maelstrom1981
  • 0 Replies
Topic Is there a novel? New Window sentry
  • 3 Replies

214 Comments

His new outfit looks almost exactly the same as Luffy's.

I thought this was a one piece spin off?

The perfect weapon. A hammer so you can smash, a scythe so you can cut, a chain so you can throw, and a bottle opener so you can enjoy a refreshing drink after defeating your enemies.

the swiss army knife of martial arts?

His new outfit looks almost exactly the same as Luffy's.

Spoiler

Hooray for unexpected companionship

the girl is going to be mad

Hooray for unexpected companionship

Damn that scythe-hammer-chain thing has a bottle opener in the middle! IT'S SO WEIRD, IT'S AWESOME!!

The perfect weapon. A hammer so you can smash, a scythe so you can cut, a chain so you can throw, and a bottle opener so you can enjoy a refreshing drink after defeating your enemies.

R.I.P blood thingy henchmen.

Damn that scythe-hammer-chain thing has a bottle opener in the middle! IT'S SO WEIRD, IT'S AWESOME!!

Wow this is getting very very good

This chinese wuxia one piece is getting really good!

Oh damn, how could you leave us with such a cliffhanger! Thanks for the awesome work :P

actually this series isn't an exception. it's just that its a manhua, which is aimed at kids. so far most of the xianxia's that have been adapted to manhua form have been toned down as well.

Not really, try reading novel adaption with artstyle like Feng, you will clearly see the differences, this kind of artstyle are usually aim at teens, calling "manhua aims at kids" is kind of like saying "Hentai are for kids"

Spoiler

Spoiler

Gonna try the series you mentioned, though the artstyle at a glance and the 10month hiatus comment..

Also i prefer the term steadfast.

I also highly recommend Shen Yin Wang Zuo (Also known as Divine Throne) and the same authors Douluo Dalu (Soul Land)

With that said, for all that is holy don't read the comics. (Says the person on the comic website right> lol)

They really do not compare to the novels. By far.

EDIT: I figured someone might want to know why so I came back to write a blurb.

Spoiler

I read stuffs on baka-tsuki so im fine.

Though steadfast was referring to "you are morally opinionated" part...

ah gotcha. the problems with text. sometimes things get confused.

anyways we all have our likes and dislikes.

http://totobro.com/

there is the site for the novel translation. not sure if you're ok reading a novel though.

also, steadfast is not the same as stupidity. sometimes being stupidly stubborn can be seen as steadfast but there is a massive difference between 'stupidly stubborn' and just plain stupid.

most MC's are steadfast, specially shounen ones. but many are also majorly stupid. i don't know how being stupid became the norm for MC's but that really needs to change. you can have a good shounen manga without a stupid MC. but i suppose having a stupid MC makes it easy to create cheap pathetic humor, and thats why everyone uses a dumb MC.

I read stuffs on baka-tsuki so im fine.

Though steadfast was referring to "you are morally opinionated" part...

Spoiler

Gonna try the series you mentioned, though the artstyle at a glance and the 10month hiatus comment..

http://totobro.com/

there is the site for the novel translation. not sure if you're ok reading a novel though.

also, steadfast is not the same as stupidity. sometimes being stupidly stubborn can be seen as steadfast but there is a massive difference between 'stupidly stubborn' and just plain stupid.

most MC's are steadfast, specially shounen ones. but many are also majorly stupid. i don't know how being stupid became the norm for MC's but that really needs to change. you can have a good shounen manga without a stupid MC. but i suppose having a stupid MC makes it easy to create cheap pathetic humor, and thats why everyone uses a dumb MC.

Spoiler

Spoiler

this series is an exception to me compared to what a traditional xianxia would be. As in, my kind of taste.

wall o' text

Spoiler

I know i forgot about this from time to time too but guys, 10+line wall of texts into spoilers. its in guideline.

Spoiler

actually this series isn't an exception. it's just that its a manhua, which is aimed at kids. so far most of the xianxia's that have been adapted to manhua form have been toned down as well.

this series is an exception to me compared to what a traditional xianxia would be. As in, my kind of taste.

wall o' text

Spoiler

I know i forgot about this from time to time too but guys, 10+line wall of texts into spoilers. its in guideline.

Aren't i lucky for being born in reality where killing people for some shallow reasoning is no longer accepted as norm~

So lucky for being a living person surrounded by people of similar moral standard than being a manga character within fictional universe where death of someone barely means anything.
So lucky for people around me since they have to worry less about someone coming for their life for pissing him off. :P

I like the idea of punching someone's light out instead of killing way better. Guess that explains why this series is an exception to me compared to what a traditional xianxia would be.

also while true that many of the reasons people kill for in xianxia are shallow, many times it's understandable. you have to realize that they live in a world where the strong rules and the weak are trampled upon. many times people in this genre kill to save 'face' (aka reputation). this seems shallow to us, but in these dog-eat-dog worlds, face is very important. it might seem like b*tch slapping someone into a crater in the floor is enough punishment for an offense, but letting them live could be seen as a sign of weakness to your enemies. which would then attack you because they think you've become weak.

you can't think in terms of how our world works. you need to think how the story's world works; what it means to let an enemy live, what it means if your reputation is questioned, what happens when you look weak.

and one more thing. in xianxia people live for extreme amounts of time. what is there to value more than face? in a place where a mishap can haunt you for centuries/millinia/millions of years, it's understandable if people want to make sure that no one has the ballz or ability to speak of it.

You so would be the first one to die haha. Anyhow, although this has a lot of Xianxia elements it does not meant that it takes everything from the universe, we might not have all the elements from it.

In fact, Xianxia adaptations tend to be tamer because manhua is for a younger audience. They tend to be less dark and have less killing. So I think you're safe if you dislike non essential killings.
In fact I feel like this MC is so shounenish in his behavior that he'll just punch people till they pass out.

Aren't i lucky for being born in reality where killing people for some shallow reasoning is no longer accepted as norm~

So lucky for being a living person surrounded by people of similar moral standard than being a manga character within fictional universe where death of someone barely means anything.
So lucky for people around me since they have to worry less about someone coming for their life for pissing him off. :P

I like the idea of punching someone's light out instead of killing way better. Guess that explains why this series is an exception to me compared to what a traditional xianxia would be.

Spoiler

You so would be the first one to die haha. Anyhow, although this has a lot of Xianxia elements it does not meant that it takes everything from the universe, we might not have all the elements from it.

In fact, Xianxia adaptations tend to be tamer because manhua is for a younger audience. They tend to be less dark and have less killing. So I think you're safe if you dislike non essential killings.
In fact I feel like this MC is so shounenish in his behavior that he'll just punch people till they pass out.

I guess this is where the cultural crash is. anyway, just know that killing in xianxia is not out of the ordinary.

Spoiler

So villains in xianxia are all immature manchild-ren? wasting time and lives on grudges, Is that a mandatory "enemy" characteristic for xianxia?
Still, I'd definitely prefer mc to not stoop to that same level despite being in xianxia. D:
[If MC does, the series better be damn well engaging or i wouldn't be following in first place.]

Yes they are. A popular joke in from Xianxia readers is "You can't write Immortal without Immoral". Really most MCs are not fond of killing but comes a point when they realize that if you let that guy go he's going to have a big brother and then a father then an elder and so on... If you make him mad(look at him the wrong way) and defeat him, the best you can do is to silently kill him and destroy his corpse as to avoid any further problems.

As you can guess, a lot of MCs do this because... They won't be more powerful nor be able to escape an older practioner, the gap is too huge. At least until they get super OP later in the story.

And yes these petty elders when asked by their Juniors have nothing else better to do than chase some teen guy in the forest and execute him. Just because his son/nephew/prized student got bitchslapped(yes it happens).

In fact, the MC is often portayed as an arbiter of justife because all these immortals are above the law. Past a certain rank they shed their mortal bodies and are immortal. It's not uncommon to find an old man living for thousand or million of years and have million of kills and thousand of thousands of rapes to his name. He lives because he is strong and/or his Clan is strong. Then comes the MC who does not care about the status quo and kills him.

Due Process would be cool, but there is no law system. Everyone else is too scared because if they did this, the Clan would retaliate. But the MC is fearless and does what is right even if it means death will soon come because he dared to act when others did not.

Getting stuck up on revenge and prides over lives is what i see as immature. As in, not mature enough to be able to swallow the pride, to forgive and forget, or to know that someone's life is more than simply just a nuisance even if its someone that you have no feeling towards, amongst other "immature" things.

If a character lacks those quality that defines a mature person then he is immature, not as an insult but in the form of a description.

Manchild part is an insult though. "Yer an adult, grow up and act like a good one!"

I guess this is where the cultural crash is. anyway, just know that killing in xianxia is not out of the ordinary.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics