Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 164votes)

Hinomaru Zumou

Alt Names: alt 火之丸相扑alt 火ノ丸相撲alt Hinomaru Sumoalt Hinomaru Zumōalt Hinomaru-Zumoualt Sumo of the Rising Sunalt Sumo Wrestler Hinomarualt Сумо Хиномару
Author: Kawada
Artist: Kawada
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaMartial Arts Martial ArtsSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: It is a divine ritual, a martial art, a combat sport—it's sumo!!
A "small" new student, Ushio Hinomaru, appears before the weak little sumo club of Oodachi High School! The words "big" and "heavy" are the rules to this sport, which does not fit this newbie any inch, but this guy goes and does what...!?
Ushio and the small sumo club climbs its way to the top!
The goal is *Hinoshita Kaisan!
A fired up high school sumo tale—no retakes allowed!!

*Hinoshita Kaisan - A title for the highest rank in professional sumo, equivalent of Yokozuna.

From Mangahelpers
Go to Hinomaru Zumou Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Hinomaru Zumou (sumo sport) chapter discussion New Window truepurple
  • 3 Replies

603 Comments

Really? "National Treasure Eater"? Come on, editors. I get that it actually says that, but how about something a little more catchy? Such as;

SWORDBREAKER

Actually a weapon, destroys national treasures :)

Great chapter!

I'm just saying, his name should be The Blade Eater.

Hah, that jerk got beaten again! I'm so happy about that!

Just picked up this series, what an intense reading!

The perfect copy !!

So basically he has the sharingan huh?

Basically Kise from Kuroko. I like it!

So basically he has the sharingan huh?

I am not sure, but is the manager-girl (with black hairs) the girl from Chapter 1 Page 7? They both look similar for me.

I am pretty sure she is. Would explain her interest in the Sumo club and Hinomaru in particular.

I am not sure, but is the manager-girl (with black hairs) the girl from Chapter 1 Page 7? They both look similar for me.

Spoiler

pPWCtAA.jpg

All aboard the Hype Train! CHOO CHOO!

hqdefault.jpg

Heh... I'm hoping this foreboding feeling is wrong...

Chapter 99. Page 19

gaijin4koma2_peersblog_1200684608.jpg

Can Ushio recover in time to help his friends turn the tables?! Find out next time, on Hinomaru Z(umou)!

tumblr_n2oocfBiBQ1tu0hbzo1_r1_400.gif

Is that Kame sennin fused with Third hokage?

It's good to see that author didn't went with "friendship power".

Hah, this crazy doctor... I like him. 

Hinomaru will win.. Tennouji has a longer nose bridge, so he will make contact with the ground first.

That is some flawless logic if I've ever seen it. 

THE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT IS BRINGING ME TO TEARS

Heh, for once Ozeki was able to shut Ushio up. He's starting to man up.

Whether you called it or not doesn't matter there were only 2 ways it could've gone. The problem is that if there's no pay off for all the hardwork and struggle the story becomes boring, it becomes one thing after the other and when the pay off finally comes it's either mildly satisfying or just underwhelming to the point where you simple think 'fucking finally', at least that's how it feels for me. There are far too many stories out there that emphasise the struggle and push that to it's breaking point so much so that that kind of storyline is played out and predictable. Hinomaru had the coaching of a Yokozuna yet this is the result. What will it take now? The power of friendship? Don't make me laugh.

This is exactly why this is interesting. I'm tired of seeing "hard work and struggle will grant sure win" NO! WRONG! You will lose even then, then struggle even more and lose again, and again. Hinomaru shows real hard work not some out of screen workout. He trains, loses and raises again, each time stronger and wiser. Who cares if he loses 10 times before winning that one important match/tournament? What is wrong with the support of people close to him? It's not that ANY sportsman was alone all the time. Lone wolfs look cool but that's all.

I'm only hoping that the author won't screw it up with "power of friendship". BTW Mutual support and working together for a common goal is not "power of friendship"

I couldn't disagree more. It's about the struggle. Hinomaru losing and having to take an even steeper route is EXACTLY in his character. And his comrades, whom HE made into the reliable partners they are today, keeping him on track are also results of his love and dedication to Sumo.

Also, I called it.

Whether you called it or not doesn't matter there were only 2 ways it could've gone. The problem is that if there's no pay off for all the hardwork and struggle the story becomes boring, it becomes one thing after the other and when the pay off finally comes it's either mildly satisfying or just underwhelming to the point where you simple think 'fucking finally', at least that's how it feels for me. There are far too many stories out there that emphasise the struggle and push that to it's breaking point so much so that that kind of storyline is played out and predictable. Hinomaru had the coaching of a Yokozuna yet this is the result. What will it take now? The power of friendship? Don't make me laugh.

I couldn't disagree more. It's about the struggle. Hinomaru losing and having to take an even steeper route is EXACTLY in his character. And his comrades, whom HE made into the reliable partners they are today, keeping him on track are also results of his love and dedication to Sumo.

Also, I called it.

Rant incoming, avert your eyes if you're a sensitive soul

Spoiler

Rant incoming, avert your eyes if you're a sensitive soul

Spoiler

I'm expecting a draw.

Hinomaru will win.. Tennouji has a longer nose bridge, so he will make contact with the ground first.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics