Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.66 - 35votes)

Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji: Kazuya-Hen

Alt Names: alt 賭博堕天録カイジ 和也編alt Gambling Heathen Kaiji: The Kazuya Arcalt Kaiji Part 4alt Kaiji: Kazuya-henalt Kazuya-Henalt Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji: Kazuyahenalt Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji: The Kazuya Arc
Author: Fukumoto Nobuyuki
Artist: Fukumoto Nobuyuki
Genres: Drama DramaPsychological PsychologicalSeinen SeinenSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A direct sequel to Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji, picking up immediately after Part 3 ends. After his tremendous victory in 2-Player Mahjong against the villainous President, Muraoka Takashi, Kaiji is being driven home by Kazuya, the son of Chairman Hyoudou. However, in the car, Kazuya asks Kaiji if he would be interested in one more gamble that night, and Kaiji accepts. What surprises lie in store for our dear Kaiji, and what will the gamble be?!

***Please Note***
The Kaiji series as of now is divided into 5 parts, and this is the 4th of those parts. The series follows this order:

Part 1: Tobaku Mokushiroku Kaiji (Has an Anime Adaptation, but Manga is not fully translated)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tobaku-mokushiroku-kaiji-r1874

Part 2: Tobaku Hakairoku Kaiji (Has an Anime Adaptation, and Manga is fully translated)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tobaku-hakairoku-kaiji-r5071

Part 3: Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji (Not yet animated, Manga is fully translated)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tobaku-datenroku-kaiji-r923

Part 4: Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji - Kazuya-hen (Not yet animated, Manga is fully translated)

Part 5: Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji: One Poker Hen (Not yet animated, Manga is being translated)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tobaku-datenroku-kaiji-one-poker-hen-r14151
Go to Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji: Kazuya-Hen Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic The purpose of this arc. New Window Jkguitarist
  • 1 Replies

131 Comments

I...I...I just can't stomach the art to read this...
whoaaaa , that gave me adrelaine !
And for a moment there I though that Kazuya might want Kaiji to gamble against his father, to possibly make the crazy old man loose everything.
If by personal experience you mean with him in the place of the boss who's torturing them, then yes, I'm sure he's been through that scenario and worse throughout his pathetic and sadistic life...quite a few times too. Although, he might have dramatized it a bit.
I get the feeling that this was written out of personal experience.
I would buy that novel.
.....I kinda want to read kazuya's novel now..its such a normal scenario handled in such a unique way .__.
I haven't read any romance novels, but something tells me that Kazuya's is a bit out of the norm.
Wow. I've got to hand it to Fukumoto.

He's really knows how to fully develop his characters, especially the "villains".
So how will kaiji get hurt in this game? He got his fingers cut and his ear cut. I think the most logical place would be legs or one of his eyes.
@Sonickrazy:
Well, I didn't literally mean that Kaiji is going to die, even if I put it just like that : ), that's not how it usually works (rarely makes for a satisfactory ending), what I meant was that Kaiji is going to suffer. After all, tragedy or not, this is what the series is about: human suffering, and then struggling, and then surviving.
@Sonickrazy - you are probably right, those other three use skill or planning to win their gambles, whereas Kaiji usually wins by luck or a flash of inspiration.

Kaiji needs to start feeling the flow soon, as it is now he is in no condition for a gamble!
The bad guy has a point... they're in those circumstances where they have to accept because of things they've done so they don't have a choice because they made it so they didn't have a choice.

I want more Kaiji D:
tv1990: I'm not even sure if their bodies were found.
@paraquat Kaiji would lose immediately.
I have a disease and the only cure is more Kaiji.
Maybe the gamble will be against robots programmed with the skills of Ten, Zero, and Akagi. I'd pay for that to be made.
Does that mean that Sahara and Ishida-san are buried there ???
let's have a minute of silence for their deaths
@Guo-Jia This series is only marked as a tragedy because Part 1 was marked as a tragedy due to the Bridge Arc and Sahara and Kaiji's loss. Parts 2 and 3 are marked as tragedies as well, despite nothing tragic happening to anyone but the antagonists (except Kaiji signing the contract, but that's hardly tragic compared to what he went through in part 1)

What I'm saying, basically, is that the fact that it's marked as a tragedy does not mean Kaiji or anyone else will necessarily die. The manga isn't completed even in Japan, and it's not marked as a tragedy there.
you gonna die, Kaiji... this is "tragedy" after all.
ohhh man what could the gamble be? fukumoto seems to like to alternate between game-games and more general feat-type gambles.
I feel like there's this club of Batoto users that I only see in Kaiji comments sections, like we're all bros (and bro-ettes) united by our search for the ultimate gambling thrill.

Thanks for the Christmas present, FKMT, I can't wait to see where this is going to go!
First two chapters and I can already say this is going to be good...
And it begins
and being unable to edit comments bites me in the ass.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics