Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.05 - 75votes)

Infinite Stratos

Alt Names: alt インフィニット・ストラトスalt Infinite Stratos (IS)alt ISalt IS - Infinite Stratosalt IS〈インフィニット・ストラトス〉alt 无限斯特拉托斯alt Необъятные небеса
Author: Yumizuru Izuru
Artist: Akaboshi Kenji
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyEcchi EcchiHarem HaremMecha MechaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Students are trained in the Infinite Stratos academy to pilot the weapon system (Infinite Stratos). Although it is believed that only females have the ability to operate the IS, there is one man who can. His name is Ichika Orimura.

Related:

> Infinite Stratos - Official Anthology Comic
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/infinite-stratos-official-anthology-comic-r4768 )

> Infinite Stratos - Sugar & Honey
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/infinite-stratos-sugar-honey-r9426 )

> IS!
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/is-r4779 )

Relaunch:

> Infinite Stratos (YUUKI Homura)
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/infinite-stratos-yuuki-homura-r9064 )
Go to Infinite Stratos Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

121 Comments

Yay

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-04-18/infinite-stratos-light-novels-get-new-manga

I wonder if the story for the manga will restart again or continue from the anime get ended ...

if the new manga art is really good, then I don't mind if it's getting from beginning again ...

Spoiler

figures ...

I wonder if she will appear again with new IS type ...

err ... is that ...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Great ending.

this dude is pathetic...

still better than MC in Mayo Chiki ...

i'm so glad i bought the new rebooted LN of IS with illustrations by choco. the artwork is beyond amazing~~~

some reader actually think the art / illustration is bad compared the 1st ... but I guess it's based on taste too ...

Wish the ending was a bit more yandere.

sn1ggi.png

let's hope there's mangaka which continue the manga version story ...

about Charlotte (latter) ...

Spoiler

evolution of IS manga art :
not bad ---> messy ---> dafuq

they tried to "upgrade" the art ...

which is actually a "downgrade" instead ...

really makes appreciate the anime version ... =3= ...

this dude is pathetic...

i'm so glad i bought the new rebooted LN of IS with illustrations by choco. the artwork is beyond amazing~~~

Wish the ending was a bit more yandere.

sn1ggi.png

So is Houka + Guy considered canon/the most likely?

waiting Charlotte face when she goes yandere ...

(she is the scariest when she angry ...) =3= ...

And just for the lulz.. the title of the new LN volue is

Spoiler

err ... is that ...

Spoiler

That ending was as good as the art used to convey it.

Oh Yeah!

Anime ss2 is coming with new  girls and new IS ^^!

evolution of IS manga art :
not bad ---> messy ---> dafuq

Well.. let's get some things straight:
1) The LN is not going to reboot, they'll just print it all over again, with new art;
2) The anime is getting a second season ( with new art, i would guess );

3) The manga will continue, with a new artist.
4) The LN will be translated on August.

And just for the lulz.. the title of the new LN volue is

Spoiler

Well, about the reaction Ichika's sister after he lost his match against Cecilia (the one at the start of the story)

She starts calling him an idiot for not considering that "little problem" with his sword^^

I don't get it, he hops into the IS without having much of an idea what he is supposed to do (all he knows is from the lessons he doesn't understand anyways and some kendo training with Houki for about one week)

And then suddenly, he has a match against Cecilia Alcott, who already has some ACTUAL skill...

(they both managed to beat an instructor, but while Cecilia did that with skill, Ichika "defeated" her by dodging her and her crashing in2 a wall)

In simple terms- It was pretty much like gamer vs total amateur (just a comparison)

==>Ichika's sister is an... well, you know what I mean^^

(well, they softened her reaction a bit in the manga and the anime, but in the LN his sister basically said he was too retarded to realize that little detail)

Oh, and one more thing:

The light novel resumed, Volume 8 came out today ;)

You can read it on Baka-Tsuki

(athough they haven't yet translated Volume 8)

Speculation about the future (of the LN, not the manga/anime):

More second shifts in the main cast

MAYBE a third shift of Ichika's IS

I honestly don't read this for the fights at all. It's more school life and romance. (i.e. I found this chapter boring)
WTF is this artwork!?
@Secundum ah thanks for the info - I have been hearing rumors since last year but I haven't heard of an actual announcement.
I've actually downloaded the translated LN so far but never took a look of it because of the dispute XD
I feel like this series is drawn by an artist hoping to make it in the doujin scene but fcked up hard by trying to put so much detail into hair
yeah ... LN get continued ...
and I hope the manga and anime will follow latter ...
@Acolyte
Don't worry-The Light Novels have recently been resurrected! Haven't you seen the new trailer?
@Cydric
I think it actually has 2 more chapters to go.
There's so many fans of the anime. Too bad the LN had a scarred history and the manga basically got thrown out the window =(
the art hurts my eyes!
I finished the latest of the novels, and it ends on a bombshell of a cliffhanger. I forgot about the manga honestly, so slow. No matter to me anymore though.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics