Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.59 - 174votes)

Youkai Apaato no Yuuga na Nichijou

Alt Names: alt 妖怪アパートの幽雅な日常alt 妖怪公寓里优雅的日常生活alt Elegant Yokai Apartment Life (Official English Title)alt Refined Daily Life at the Monster Apartmentalt The Youkai Apartment's Everyday Refinementalt The Youkai Apartment's Refined Everyday Lifealt Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijoualt Youkai Apato no Yuuga na Nichijou
Author: Kouduki Hinowa
Artist: Miyama Waka
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaMystery MysterySlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Inaba Yuushi's parents died in his first year of middle school, and he moved in with his relatives. Though they did care for him, he could tell he was a burden. After he graduated, he happily prepared to move to a high school with a dormitory. Unfortunately, the dormitory burned to the ground before he could move in! Yuushi doesn't want to live with his grudging relatives, but it's rough finding lodging as an orphaned student with little money. He finally finds a room in a nice old building which seems too good to be true.

The catch is that it is a Monster House, a place where humans and supernatural creatures--ghosts, mononoke, etc.-- live together. Another high schooler lives there, a cute girl named Akine, and she's completely unfazed by the monsters. In fact, she can even exorcise evil spirits! Yuushi's high school life just got much stranger than he ever bargained for!
Go to Youkai Apaato no Yuuga na Nichijou Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Anime New Window Wireghost1212
  • 2 Replies
Topic Irresponsible awful things New Window truepurple
  • 4 Replies

192 Comments

no updates for so long, I can only barely remember what's going on...

that cliffhanger ending tho

HASE, IM SINGLE, READY AND WAITING.. FOR YOU TO COME INTO EXISTENCE...

wow that last page had a terrible pace. (ch 16)

Spoiler

[Delete]

The friendship between Inaba and Hase is kinda like a stereotypical girls' friendship IMO. There's the whole playing house thing, the desire for your friend's approval, et cetera. There's definitely a high possibility that they're edging towards more than friends (like, I don't know why they're so oblivious) but you can't say that for sure when you try to overlook everything that would be considered uninteresting in a comparable girls' friendship. #sexism Basically, it's totally up to the author.

That said, I feel like it's not going to take a hard left into romance because it's so focused on what's in Yuushi's head. I'm not saying he's self-absorbed (OK, maybe I am) but I don't think he's going to analyze and really obsess over what Hase (I noticed that he never calls his BFF by first name) or even Akine (first name basis, yo) does. When they're together or about to be together, or when Yuushi is having me time, he does think about writing to Hase and will-Hase-understand-my-situation but most of the time, it's easy for us to forget that his life doesn't revolve around this apartment and its tenants. When his cousin showed up, I was like, "Give me like 2 minutes to try to remember who she is, please."

I think Hase thinks about Inaba more, while Yuushi only has enough brainspace for whatever's right in front of him. Understandably so. He's a teenager dealing with a lot of things.

MUAHAHA

So glad to have found this. I'd even sat on it awhile unsure if I'd read it. Too good! xD

But in a soft way? It's not an intense story, and I can't really predict where it'll go. It's like. . . almost more slice-of-life than traditional "shounen". A refreshing series! That's what it is. ^-^

That was too cute to be making homophobic comments about imnsho. I'll just take this adorableness and put it in my feel good bank, thanks for the meal!

Seems like much of the bromance stuff in ch. 15 was setup for:

Spoiler

*checks tags again*

"No comment"

OK people, this bromance is fell like go to yaoi

i think if its about  bromance, it will like in oremonogatari
are you sure, you ok if your bestfriend did something like hase-kun to you

Bromancity level intensifies

This chapter could have used a "no homo" or two.

Kidding, but seriously, that's some intense bromance right there. You go, Hase and Inaba. Got each other's back like champs.

That was really gay.

Thank you Random button!

Is it just me, or did it get really hard to tell which one was Inaba and which one was Hase for a few pages there?

Especially in the onsen scene.

Is it just me, or did it get really hard to tell which one was Inaba and which one was Hase for a few pages there?

Seriously people!

If you're not comfortable enough with your friends to let your emotions out, get better friends!

that bromance ... I expect that since few chapters ago! xD

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

I had to check the tags after reading to make sure it hadn't changed to shounen-ai when I wasn't looking...And now I have to go see if there is food in the house because I am suddenly starving.

Now that's bromance.

And even more food. I really need to remember not to read this series on a empty stomach.

I go to a trance when reading manga, coz before I realize it...it has been more than 4 hours

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics