Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.36 - 101votes)

Guarding

Alt Names: alt Du Ling Guardingalt 渡灵 Guardingalt 渡靈 Guarding
Author: Buddy
Artist: Buddy
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manhua (Chinese)
Description: Lin Xiaoyou, childhood friend of Xi Yu, died at the age of 14, but her spirit refused to pass onto the afterlife. Instead, she stuck around and became Yu's "guardian angel" due to a promise she made to him. Under Xiaoyou's constant guarding, Yu hasn't had a single girlfriend even though he's already 24. Being in a proper relationship has become his goal in life, but such a simple wish brings about a series of terrifying incidents. Is Xiaoyou really a "guardian angel", or is she actually an "evil spirit"?!

Original Comic: http://manhua.weibo.com/c/60592
Go to Guarding Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Guarding Latest chapter discussions New Window truepurple
  • 0 Replies

167 Comments

Spoiler

I swear, he better ignore that exorcist that he's been chattin' with. Dat profile pic is Jigsaw from Saw! Looks evil as fuck.

Hmmm, wonder why that guy can see her

and lol she called him a pervert

Going to need a genderbend tag soon.

why? @_@

Going to need a genderbend tag soon.

Jesus Christ. That chapter was WAY too short.
Calling it: New girl is the exorcist MC has been chatting with on the internet.

"I guess it's good to go home early, hopefully XiaoYou will be back..."

I'm really glad that he still wants her around despite that outburst, and Xiao's a good girl trying to look out for him even after all the harsh words he said.

Because you've seen everything in the world when you become 21.

Considering that the world shown in this comic seems to be based off our own, it should be a given that most people don't believe in ghosts and spirits. And even for those that do, even they would admit that hauntings aren't a very common occurrence (especially when compared to events like mothers baking cookies).

Because supernatural events like this are as common as people baking cookies.

Because you've seen everything in the world when you become 21.

You know thats the logic of a 4 year old right?

"I've only seen mommy bake cookies, therefore only mommy can bake cookies!"

Because supernatural events like this are as common as people baking cookies.

Naw bro(or sis?) it's stats.

From his experiences, the ghost girl's the only one who he knows could pull off any kind of supernatural stuff. Not like he's ever seen another ghost besides her since she started haunting him.

I see both sides of the problem. Xiao is the only experience with the supernatural that he's ever encountered, and given her past actions and if I were in his shoes, I'd have no doubt I'd be just as angry.

However, he doesn't consider that she's forever a little girl and that she clearly loves him enough to be with him even in death. He should see that because they were childhood friends, he should at least bear some responsibility as the adult and be rational with his emotions and at most tell her off. All in all, his words were too harsh.

Never threaten to hit an innocent child, even if they are throwing a tantrum.

Yeah, just tell off the girl you think nearly got you and your girlfriend into the hospital.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the last panel on page 6.

C'est triste.

That said, to maintain the narrative tension it does have to proceed like a dance with separation and rapprochement.

Anyway, it's clear that the relationship between Lin and Xi prior to the current drama was dysfunctional. My worry is that given her state any conclusion to the story can only give Lin a bittersweet ending at best.

I understand Yu's frustrations but he is being a fucking dick. What he said to her was uncalled for. I feel really bad for Xiao.

I see both sides of the problem. Xiao is the only experience with the supernatural that he's ever encountered, and given her past actions and if I were in his shoes, I'd have no doubt I'd be just as angry.

However, he doesn't consider that she's forever a little girl and that she clearly loves him enough to be with him even in death. He should see that because they were childhood friends, he should at least bear some responsibility as the adult and be rational with his emotions and at most tell her off. All in all, his words were too harsh.

Never threaten to hit an innocent child, even if they are throwing a tantrum.

From his experiences, the ghost girl's the only one who he knows could pull off any kind of supernatural stuff. Not like he's ever seen another ghost besides her since she started haunting him.

Quite true, which is why I said he had good reason to believe it was her. Rationally thinking though, her very existence means that there are others like her, even if he has never knowingly encountered one, and opens the door to other possibilities.

Given the circumstances and history, I don't blame him one bit for reaching the conclusion he did, but that doesn't mean it was the correct choice.

^Exactly my thoughts. Though I still cannot help but be angry with how harsh he was...

Someone who believes said girl's childish and jealous actions injured his girlfriend and could easily have done a lot worse to both of them. Had she actually done what he believes she did, she would deserve a slap.

His fault here lies in believing it was her without proof, though her past actions have given him quite a bit of reason to jump to that conclusion. 

Wow... I have hated MCs before but damn what a douche. Seriously? Who slaps a girl in anger? I mean not that i haven't hit a girl before but that was self-defense. 

Someone who believes said girl's childish and jealous actions injured his girlfriend and could easily have done a lot worse to both of them. Had she actually done what he believes she did, she would deserve a slap.

His fault here lies in believing it was her without proof, though her past actions have given him quite a bit of reason to jump to that conclusion. 

I understand Yu's frustrations but he is being a fucking dick. What he said to her was uncalled for. I feel really bad for Xiao.

He's under the impression that she nearly got him and his date (as well as other people in the area) seriously injured. Of course he's angry, on top of her "teasing" from the past few years. He's being a jerk, sure, but that's because we have an outside perspective. His motivation for his actions is believable, but misguided. A lot of years of pent-up stress are falling out of the flood gate of this most recent injury that is a fairly serious event.

Wow... I have hated MCs before but damn what a douche. Seriously? Who slaps a girl in anger? I mean not that i haven't hit a girl before but that was self-defense. 

One of the worst ways to cut a chapter short....

(thanks for the update~)

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics