Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.63 - 445votes)

Kanojo wa Rokurokubi

Alt Names: alt 彼女はろくろ首alt 그녀는 로쿠로쿠비alt Kanojyo wa Rokuro Kubialt She is the Rokurokubi
Author: Nieki Zui
Artist: Nieki Zui
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A story about a long-necked girl's love life: Kanoi Natsuki and her childhood friend Itsuki visit the same school and there seems to be more between them besides friendship. As a Rokurokubi, her quirk of stretching her neck is normal for her and her surroundings, but it's not always her choice to stretch it and although she has feelings for Itsuki, she can't tell him what she feels. Ultimately, she has to go through misunderstandings and shame. Itsuki, meanwhile, manages to make any awkward situations dissolve... or maybe not!?
Go to Kanojo wa Rokurokubi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Raws and spoilers New Window Nikkilak
  • 1 Replies

719 Comments

Too chubby art? D:

Never heard of prejudice? One of the basis of prejudice is having an unexplainable hatred or fear of something, while holding many misconceptions about that something.

So, you think racism and prejudice has no physiological or cultural basis as an expression of tribalism in order to maintain group solidarity?  So do people just magically become racists?  Even the modern disdain of racism is an expression of the current mores.

The point I'm trying to make is many racist people DO in fact have rationalizations for their reactions and I'm struggling to understand the one being presented here, could be that this will be made apparent in the future.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

*inhales*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Interesting response, very informative.

1/4-Based Anon
Oct 17 2016 05:39 PM

Uh, let's see:

a) It came completely out of the blue, in one chapter suddenly the mother pops out and says "stop living with youkai because they live differently" even though not once in the entire manga youkai are shown to live differently

B) Still within the same chapter, the guy argues with his mother about it and even though he holds completely opposite view somehow she wins him over

c) Even if we assume the mother is "prejudiced" "racist" or whatever, the same couldn't possibly apply to the guy because he's been a friend with a youkai for like ten years, and goes to a school full of youkai that is like any other school, etc.

Therefore:

It's forced because the author tries to introduce a new crisis in the story and ramp up pretty much all the way up to the climax all in one chapter. I guess it would be better to call it terribly rushed instead, but that's just semantics.

It's baseless because we know that said crisis is based on something that is not true, and more importantly we know that the protagonist knows this is not true, but even though the mother has basically no argument or leverage whatsoever(Seriously, I expected her to at least say something like "Well I pay for your life so you can't argue" but she doesn't even do that much!) he still decides to go with it because no reason.

a) Chapter 5 with the Nagashi Soumen heavily implied that the he is around the end of the first term (ca. 20th July), so she's trying to relocate him before the second one starts during the vacation I guess, it's not random at all. Also Itsuki lived with the Youkai and saw that it's alright, nothing implies that his mother did and we literally don't know how she came to the conclusion that Human shouldn't live with Youkai, so your point is moot. We also knew that his mom disliked his contact to Natsuki quite awhile ago.

b ) He is 16 years old with no money and no job. If she simply stopped paying his bills, he'd be homeless. It's actually impressive that he could stay there in the first place. He obviously doesn't support her opinion and even when he screems at Natsuki what he was manipulated to say since 16 years, he regrets it a second later.

c) Literally the entire chapter shows you that he isn't like his mother even if he's going back.

No disrespect, but try to read the series again and concentrate one what's being said. There is a reason why the author even added that flashback arc, so we have some kind of understanding what's actually going on here. And she pushes him with the financially aspect in this very chapter. This is pretty weird of you, but racism in real life also has no justifiable "base", so I don't see how you expect that to win you over.

Again, no hate and if you dislike what's happening then that's fine too, but don't pretend that the author pulled this out of his ass.

We knew that something was coming since chapter 6 and we knew what exactly was coming since chapter 14. I don't see how someone can call this "baseless" or "suddenly forced" drama.

Uh, let's see:

a) It came completely out of the blue, in one chapter suddenly the mother pops out and says "stop living with youkai because they live differently" even though not once in the entire manga youkai are shown to live differently

B) Still within the same chapter, the guy argues with his mother about it and even though he holds completely opposite view somehow she wins him over

c) Even if we assume the mother is "prejudiced" "racist" or whatever, the same couldn't possibly apply to the guy because he's been a friend with a youkai for like ten years, and goes to a school full of youkai that is like any other school, etc.

Therefore:

It's forced because the author tries to introduce a new crisis in the story and ramp up pretty much all the way up to the climax all in one chapter. I guess it would be better to call it terribly rushed instead, but that's just semantics.

It's baseless because we know that said crisis is based on something that is not true, and more importantly we know that the protagonist knows this is not true, but even though the mother has basically no argument or leverage whatsoever(Seriously, I expected her to at least say something like "Well I pay for your life so you can't argue" but she doesn't even do that much!) he still decides to go with it because no reason.

Those are usually cases where the people involved actually do speak different languages, have different cultures, traditions, political beliefs, religions, sexual preferences, etc.  These are two Japanese kids who seem to lead the same kind of life as any other, so I'm legit confused as to what exactly is meant by different ways of life.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

*inhales*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Those are usually cases where the people involved actually do speak different languages, have different cultures, traditions, political beliefs, religions, sexual preferences, etc.  These are two Japanese kids who seem to lead the same kind of life as any other, so I'm legit confused as to what exactly is meant by different ways of life.

Never heard of prejudice? One of the basis of prejudice is having an unexplainable hatred or fear of something, while holding many misconceptions about that something.

Also, yes, people lash out and say shit they don't really mean and regret immediately in order to hurt others to keep people away during times of high stress.  It's called a defense mechanism.  I guess you guys should feel lucky you haven't had a bad enough situation where that kicks in.  You could also see it in this way, he's pushing Kanoi away in order to protect her from being hurt by his mother if she were to get involved with the current situation of his mother forcing him to move away from his yokai friends.  We've seen her get hurt by his mother once already, he doesn't want that to happen again.

The idea that Itsuki somehow has suddenly changed minds and has adopted his mother's bigotry against yokai is patently false.  The entire manga, hell, even just this chapter where he adamantly does not want to move away from his yokai friends, and especially Kanoi, by his mother forcing him to move, has shown you evidence of that.  Assuming otherwise would mean you've completely missed the story surrounding Kanoi and Itsuki.  I can't help but think that the fact you haven't been paying attention to any of that, and only paid attention to the lighter, goofier elements of this manga, and then claimed that this came out of nowhere is incredibly disrepectful towards the author.

Defense mechanism? Nope, I call it idiocy, here's what I do in moments of high stress, I hold on until someone who deserves appears and lash out at them when they do something extremely wrong, never been more satisfying...

Wow... that was a really disappointing chapter. Itsuki's been against that sentiment throughout the entire story, but once his mom shows up he suddenly changes his mind and agrees with her? Just to create some bullshit drama? I'm really hoping this mangaka gets his act together for the next few chapters because this was just terrible writing and poor development.

You missed the point of the entire chapter that he's more or less being FORCED by his mother to move.  He doesn't WANT to.  This "forced drama" has been coming for a long while now with the hints to his mother's prejudice against yokai and his family situation being questionable to begin with.  Did you really think happy yokai girl times would continue forever when the drama between his mother, Kanoi, and him haven't been addressed at all?  It's been there in the background and put on hold for as long as the manga has been going.  You were not blindsided by this, you just weren't paying attention to the obvious cues in the story.

Okay, so, here we have Itsuki yelling at his mom because she said Yokai and Humans have fundamentally different ways of life, which has been shown to be patently false. And then, not even like two pages later, he decides to yell this vert statement that he was literally just shown not to believe (he seemed pretty passionate about not believing it!) at his childhood friend and lover. How is this not the most contrived and unsatisfying way to build conflict in the history of fucking ever?

Also, yes, people lash out and say shit they don't really mean and regret immediately in order to hurt others to keep people away during times of high stress.  It's called a defense mechanism.  I guess you guys should feel lucky you haven't had a bad enough situation where that kicks in.  You could also see it in this way, he's pushing Kanoi away in order to protect her from being hurt by his mother if she were to get involved with the current situation of his mother forcing him to move away from his yokai friends.  We've seen her get hurt by his mother once already, he doesn't want that to happen again.

The idea that Itsuki somehow has suddenly changed minds and has adopted his mother's bigotry against yokai is patently false.  The entire manga, hell, even just this chapter where he adamantly does not want to move away from his yokai friends, and especially Kanoi, by his mother forcing him to move, has shown you evidence of that.  Assuming otherwise would mean you've completely missed the story surrounding Kanoi and Itsuki.  I can't help but think that the fact you haven't been paying attention to any of that, and only paid attention to the lighter, goofier elements of this manga, and then claimed that this came out of nowhere is incredibly disrepectful towards the author.

Wow... that was a really disappointing chapter. Itsuki's been against that sentiment throughout the entire story, but once his mom shows up he suddenly changes his mind and agrees with her? Just to create some bullshit drama? I'm really hoping this mangaka gets his act together for the next few chapters because this was just terrible writing and poor development.

There's plenty of xenophobic bullshit going down in the world, and mighty little of it is justified.  Why should this be different?

Forced drama as fuck, I hope they at least try to justify their xenophobic bullshit, otherwise this would go to shit very fast, very hard.

There's plenty of xenophobic bullshit going down in the world, and mighty little of it is justified.  Why should this be different?

Help, I'm still down after that chapter and it's surprisingly hard to recover...

Ask and ye shall receive.

Those overloads of vanilla should cure your blues.  Side effects may include terminal diabetes.

Suddenly, half-assed, baseless drama!

as long as their relationship moves forward I will humour it no matter how forced the drama is.

hehe humour and drama hehehe

There's one key evidence Itsuki can use against his mom:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Forced drama as fuck, I hope they at least try to justify their xenophobic bullshit, otherwise this would go to shit very fast, very hard.
The tears are rolling down my manly and heroic face. The gentle Texas sun shine through my weeping casting a beautiful, yet ominous rainbow. Basically, my heart strings have been tugged

There's one key evidence Itsuki can use against his mom:

Spoiler

Okay, so, here we have Itsuki yelling at his mom because she said Yokai and Humans have fundamentally different ways of life, which has been shown to be patently false. And then, not even like two pages later, he decides to yell this very statement that he was literally just shown not to believe (he seemed pretty passionate about not believing it!) at his childhood friend and lover. How is this not the most contrived and unsatisfying way to build conflict in the history of fucking ever?

The drawings are a bit off, did the mangaka hand it over to their assistant for a bit?

Don't you do this to me NIEKI Zui.

yeah sure is double standards when different people have different opinions

Shh don't get baited. just let it go by

I laugh at this because if a girl makes a male MC cry people call him a loser. Double standards at its finest. Sigh.

yeah sure is double standards when different people have different opinions

oh man! this is a good manga.

fuck her right in the pussy

rLe1J.jpg

Just a light joke and some thoughts:

Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics