Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.63 - 195votes)

Bartender

Alt Names: alt バーテンダー
Author: Joh Araki
Artist: Nagatomo Kenji
Genres: Drama DramaPsychological PsychologicalSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The story of the Sasakura Ryu and Eden Hall, a small cocktail bar in the Chiba area of Tokyo, where troubled customers come for the "glass of the gods," which with Ryu's assistance helps them to resolve their often highly emotional problems.

The above is the synopsis of the anime. In the manga, Ryu starts out working in a bar called Lapin.
Go to Bartender Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Bartender: Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Sebastian De Los Angeles
  • 7 Replies
Topic spice up thing a little New Window [email protected]
  • 1 Replies

480 Comments

This guy is so easily offended. If you're new, shut up, keep your head down, ears and eyes open, and take everything in that you can.

Any employee with experience/certification/knowledge will always feel pride, even when they move to a new job where there are a lot of company-only knowledge. It's just being human^^

Though I'm surprised with this ch because it's the first time I've seen Sasakura being 'high and mighty' and the customers picking on him also.

I mean, that girl, Sasakura was so soft on her.

Hmmmmm, what the old man said is only partially correct.  Some beer should be poured with a vertical glass, most notably lighter lagers, which are the variety almost exclusively consumed in Japan.  However, it would be extremely inappropriate for some styles, ie an IPA, to pour into a vertical glass.  The beer needs to run down the side of the glass, so as to minimize the CO2 coming out of solution, and to control how much head is produced.

<-- Beer geek and certified beer judge

Damnit, now I want a beer...

Chapter 38 page 24: In Germany people say "Beer"

Spoiler

Unfortunately, in the US, I have seen professionals (bartenders, chefs, and others) of many years standing jerked around by some upstart with an MBA who is a boss of some sort.  The bar/restaurant gets run into the ground because the new "boss" understands only business models and knows next to nothing about actual bartending/cooking.  From the meeting in the beginning, it seemed that the board wants to put the kibosh on Eden Hall since the chairman is ill.

maan that is sad, but please dont compare real world drama with the ones in mangas. its like trying to put sci fi in real world situations. 

Don't look now, but your phone is a Star Trek communicator.

Yeah, the new kid's kind of annoying.  He was just shown he can't even pour a bleedin' glass of beer; that should give him a hint of his current limitations.

What a dumbass. You're new in the job. You don't know a thing. Take a critic and fucking shut up. You have a teacher to teach you. He told you not to do anything, you don't fucking do anything.

This guy is so easily offended. If you're new, shut up, keep your head down, ears and eyes open, and take everything in that you can.

The funny thing is that after being schooled by a client, no less, he still thinks he's something.

Well, that's a drama bomb.

Sasakura needs to lay the emotionally charged alcohol based philosophic slap-down on that kid.

This guy is dark, this is the kind of guy that ends up killing people over a misunderstanding.

He obviously doesn't know that he's a barback.

go have a cry

What a greenhorn. Lol.

I regret reading this chapter! now I can't sleep, I want moar  

What? No!! Don't end there!

You (plural) is "vous" in french, Vos might indeed be correct in latin.

maan that is sad, but please dont compare real world drama with the ones in mangas. its like trying to put sci fi in real world situations. 

I know that but I do know there are many broken families with very respectable fathers like this one here. Unfortunately, mine is not one of those. 

i'm glad they know when to add new stuff to the setting since it was starting to get stale.

Hmph, if my father was half the man this guy was, I would be more grateful to him. Not only did he took money from my and left us penniless, he scolded my mother and bullied her all the while. He was an asshole through and through. I'm happy that I don't have to see him anymore. 

Hmph, if my father was half the man this guy was, I would be more grateful to him. Not only did he took money from my mom and left us penniless, he scolded my mother and bullied her all the while. He was an asshole through and through. I'm happy that I don't have to see him anymore. 

God damn feels...

such a good manga, hoping to get some more backstory on the MC though instead of all these people that come and go

I'm a bartender but last time I worked I had to prepare Aperol Spritz. It's kind of funny when you see spirits from work being used in the manga. Thanks for the work.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics