Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.68 - 853votes)

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken

Alt Names: alt เกิดใหม่ทั้งทีก็เป็นสไลม์ไปซะแล้วalt 关于我转生后成为史莱姆的那件事alt 転生したらスライムだった件alt In Regards to My Reincarnation as a Slimealt 전생했더니 슬라임이었던건에 대하여alt Tensei Slimealt That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slimealt О моём перерождении в слизняка
Author: Fuse
Artist: Kawakami Taiki
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasySeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Synopsis from light novel of manga that's also translated at https://alyschu.wordpress.com:

Minami Satoru who lived a normal life was stabbed by a passing ruffian, closing the curtains of the 37 years of his life… It should have been like this, at least. But he suddenly found himself not being able to see nor hear... In this kind of state, he became aware of the truth: he had reincarnated into a slime.

While complaining about becoming the weak but famous slime and enjoying the life of a slime at the same time, Minami Satoru met with the Catastrophe-level monster “Storm Dragon Verudora”, and his fate began to move.

——— After getting the name “Rimuru” from “Verudora”, and about to start a life in this new and unknown world, he was suddenly caught in a conflict between Goblins and garo (Fangwolves) tribes, and unwittingly became the ruler of the monsters…

With the ability [Predator] that can seize an opponent’s abilities and [Great Sage] that understands every rule and law of the universe—

The legend of the strongest slime with these two abilities as weapons, now begins!

Webnovel Raw: http://ncode.syosetu.com/n6316bn/
Novel Translation Info: http://www.novelupdates.com/series/tensei-shitara-slime-datta-ken/
Korean Manga Scanslation: http://marumaru.in/b/manga/84591
Go to Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic raw New Window ikelegede
  • 8 Replies
Topic Light Novel New Window alyschu
  • 18 Replies
Topic Web Novel Discussion [Spoilers] New Window Kisato
  • 0 Replies
Topic Monthly or weekly? New Window skules
  • 8 Replies

1429 Comments

The concept of slavery was already mentioned in the Code of Hammurabi in Ancient Mesopotamia. About Atlantic slave trade, it was mainly african kings (for example Empire of Mali or KIngdom of Congo) who was selling slaves  and in exchange they were getting the clothes, food or weapons. Also it wasn't like Atlantic triangle started it as they were trading with Arabian countries long before that.

We wuz kings

Wait what we're ACTUALLY talking about sugar? I thought you were all talking about cocaine.

Yep, sugar cane was expensive as other spices. The modern sugar that most of us are using today was invented in XIX century.

WZmK8bI.png

How to train your Demon lord

WZmK8bI.png

Salt, Sugar, and spice ...

all 3 get REALLY EXPENSIVE and their weight worth as much as gold ...

about slavery, you might surprised in OLD Indonesian tribe, parents even give their child in exchange for material (cigar, camera, Iron axe, medicine, etc ... of course, salt and sugar too)

yeah, I have seen story, old black and white picture, even descendant of that "slave" child ...

(the child don't get slaved tough, they put in school and tried to teach the tribe back when they grown up)

BTW, the one who comes to that tribe isn't Dutch collonialist, instead Missionary priest at that time ...

Wait what we're ACTUALLY talking about sugar? I thought you were all talking about cocaine.

The authors obviously don't give a fuck what you think either since you are obviously not within the intended market target of the novel that is produced for to begin with.

This kind of overused contents gets so overused is mainly because the local market likes it and most Japanese authors don't really think about readers outside of their own country.

Now im actually interested, is the local audience actually interested in that? I mean the non fantasy rice and pork chops and such? does it create immersion for them? or you?

Im finding this as a kind of lacky imagination.. Maybe thats why its ticking me off. A wasted opportunity to highlight that they actually are in a place which is not even remotely familiar. They take their time to create a scene where they have either serious or comedic interaction, yet now im surprised they arent putting every single thing they eat with boldening and underline. Their everyday rice, miso and what ever else.

I guess that its just their very personal cultural thing.. live and learn.

Well, if you think about how people valued sugar 300-500 years ago, that probably isn’t too crazy. People called it white gold and people were bananas for it. Millions of people were taken from Africa as slaves and a great deal of them were working in sugar plantations. So, if you had something like Ben and Jerry’s back then, people might wage war over it.

Salt, Sugar, and spice ...

all 3 get REALLY EXPENSIVE and their weight worth as much as gold ...

about slavery, you might surprised in OLD Indonesian tribe, parents even give their child in exchange for material (cigar, camera, Iron axe, medicine, etc ... of course, salt and sugar too)

yeah, I have seen story, old black and white picture, even descendant of that "slave" child ...

(the child don't get slaved tough, they put in school and tried to teach the tribe back when they grown up)

BTW, the one who comes to that tribe isn't Dutch collonialist, instead Missionary priest at that time ...

It was started by Europeans, and as they saw they could make a living selling people, Africans started to do the same, which also helped them from being the ones sold (sorry for derailing the conversation)

I find it hard to believe, given the fact that many African tribes treated their rivals like trash even before the europeans began to meddle in the region. I heard some stories from there that... Let's just say that stories about how Africa is hard to live in probably don't do justice to the harshness of the place.

Good job Shurim for the double update.

oh my god MILIM YOU'RE SO CUTE

I guess to further derail it, I think it's important to recognize that slavery is not some unique European concept. It was a very common form of punishment, alternative payment for goods, spoils of war and general tributes from "lesser" groups in many cultures, even Africans long before any of them met a European. The European slave trade did however refine the concept into a very efficient and profitable business on a global scale.

That, isn't even entirely true. Europeans who get blamed for it the most actually had the shortest time frame of engaging in slavery and were the one's who ultimatively forced most everyone to end it. The Arabic/Islamic slave trade was arguably the most widespread and long lasting and in itself inspired the practice during the colonization of the Americas as the infrastructure and markets already existed. Slaves taken from Barbary Pirate raids on Europe alone are estimated to be about 1 million. Whereas the slaves brought to the US from Africa, only numbered about 380.000~. For comparison, the Arab slave trade is estimated to have brought somewhere between 20-100 million slaves in from Africa. 

My biggest annoyance with the history of slaver is how uninformed people seem to be about it's scope, duration and practices. Which warps it's perception and leads to people like Nanashiboy perpetuating completely wrong claims and ideas on the matter. And yes, slightly off topic, sry.

I guess to further derail it, I think it's important to recognize that slavery is not some unique European concept. It was a very common form of punishment, alternative payment for goods, spoils of war and general tributes from "lesser" groups in many cultures, even Africans long before any of them met a European. The European slave trade did however refine the concept into a very efficient and profitable business on a global scale.

The concept of slavery was already mentioned in the Code of Hammurabi in Ancient Mesopotamia. About Atlantic slave trade, it was mainly african kings (for example Empire of Mali or KIngdom of Congo) who was selling slaves  and in exchange they were getting the clothes, food or weapons. Also it wasn't like Atlantic triangle started it as they were trading with Arabian countries long before that.

I swear the first page of ch. 33 calls out to me more than the rest of the chapter.

Got to agree with you m8.

Much thanks to shurim scans for the work they put in on getting these chapters to us.

• RSD likes this

I swear the first page of ch. 33 calls out to me more than the rest of the chapter.

Cant have a casual chapter of japanese isekai without having everything they eat clarified to you  . While i do appreciate intricate details, i honestly dont give a fuck what they are eating every single time. Sure if there was one chapter earlier where they were eating bugs and shit, then dozen chapters later there is like couple panels long feast scene over the table, i can prettymuch tell they have stepped up.. i dont need a molecular compound analysis done in a laboratory unless its the whole bloody point of the manga.

The authors obviously don't give a fuck what you think either since you are obviously not within the intended market target of the novel that is produced for to begin with.

This kind of overused contents gets so overused is mainly because the local market likes it and most Japanese authors don't really think about readers outside of their own country.

Cant have a casual chapter of japanese isekai without having everything they eat clarified to you  . While i do appreciate intricate details, i honestly dont give a fuck what they are eating every single time. Sure if there was one chapter earlier where they were eating bugs and shit, then dozen chapters later there is like couple panels long feast scene over the table, i can prettymuch tell they have stepped up.. i dont need a molecular compound analysis done in a laboratory unless its the whole bloody point of the manga.

It was started by Europeans, and as they saw they could make a living selling people, Africans started to do the same, which also helped them from being the ones sold (sorry for derailing the conversation)

I thought Africans sold African people to Europeans and then got shipped over.  Was I lied to? Also salt wars.

I thought that was salt.

I thought Africans sold African people to Europeans and then got shipped over.  Was I lied to? Also salt wars.

CWdvNni.jpg

Well, if you think about how people valued sugar 300-500 years ago, that probably isn’t too crazy. People called it white gold and people were bananas for it. Millions of people were taken from Africa as slaves and a great deal of them were working in sugar plantations. So, if you had something like Ben and Jerry’s back then, people might wage war over it.

To have a steam bath right next to the conference room.Give the architect a raise.

When women discover sugar for the first time. A man can prob take over that world with Ben & Jerry's lol.

finally a chapter FeelsGoodMan 

aaaaand another cliffhanger.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics