Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.68 - 853votes)

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken

Alt Names: alt เกิดใหม่ทั้งทีก็เป็นสไลม์ไปซะแล้วalt 关于我转生后成为史莱姆的那件事alt 転生したらスライムだった件alt In Regards to My Reincarnation as a Slimealt 전생했더니 슬라임이었던건에 대하여alt Tensei Slimealt That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slimealt О моём перерождении в слизняка
Author: Fuse
Artist: Kawakami Taiki
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasySeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Synopsis from light novel of manga that's also translated at https://alyschu.wordpress.com:

Minami Satoru who lived a normal life was stabbed by a passing ruffian, closing the curtains of the 37 years of his life… It should have been like this, at least. But he suddenly found himself not being able to see nor hear... In this kind of state, he became aware of the truth: he had reincarnated into a slime.

While complaining about becoming the weak but famous slime and enjoying the life of a slime at the same time, Minami Satoru met with the Catastrophe-level monster “Storm Dragon Verudora”, and his fate began to move.

——— After getting the name “Rimuru” from “Verudora”, and about to start a life in this new and unknown world, he was suddenly caught in a conflict between Goblins and garo (Fangwolves) tribes, and unwittingly became the ruler of the monsters…

With the ability [Predator] that can seize an opponent’s abilities and [Great Sage] that understands every rule and law of the universe—

The legend of the strongest slime with these two abilities as weapons, now begins!

Webnovel Raw: http://ncode.syosetu.com/n6316bn/
Novel Translation Info: http://www.novelupdates.com/series/tensei-shitara-slime-datta-ken/
Korean Manga Scanslation: http://marumaru.in/b/manga/84591
Go to Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic raw New Window ikelegede
  • 8 Replies
Topic Light Novel New Window alyschu
  • 18 Replies
Topic Web Novel Discussion [Spoilers] New Window Kisato
  • 0 Replies
Topic Monthly or weekly? New Window skules
  • 8 Replies

1429 Comments

as far as the manga goes, are there any characters in the story curious and ask about Who named our blue slime?

Don't think so, "Everyone likes sausage, but no one likes to know how it's made." He's got a name and is uber powerful so they likely DON'T even want to know the details of all of that.

as far as the manga goes, are there any characters in the story curious and ask about Who named our blue slime? 

That new cover though. What a loli butt.

this is gonna be an interesting fight

Now im actually interested, is the local audience actually interested in that? I mean the non fantasy rice and pork chops and such? does it create immersion for them? or you?

Im finding this as a kind of lacky imagination.. Maybe thats why its ticking me off. A wasted opportunity to highlight that they actually are in a place which is not even remotely familiar. They take their time to create a scene where they have either serious or comedic interaction, yet now im surprised they arent putting every single thing they eat with boldening and underline. Their everyday rice, miso and what ever else.

I guess that its just their very personal cultural thing.. live and learn.

I personally enjoy it a lot, though it doesn't go to the lengths that something like Dungeon Meshi does, where the food does sometimes go places that are weirder.

Last post on this matter from me. This is simply and factually wrong. Atrociously so. Especially were the Arab slave trade is concerned. The reason people concentrate so much on slavery in the New World is a surprisingly simple one. It was extremely well documented, it happened where most of the movement to end it originated from including violent confrontations over it and it was recognized as both wrong and guilt on their part. 

The Arab slave trade was INCREDIBLE violent and dehumanizing. It went far further than simply using slaves as a work force with the occasional "liberty" taken by the "owners". Most of the African slaves taken DID NOT HAVE CHILDREN or leave an imprint on the Arabic population. This alone should give one pause. 

Slaves were mostly used as "household" slaves. The procedure to turn boys into Eunuchs was incredible dangerous and saw most of them perish. Girls who were household servants did often not fare better. As bad as the European slave trade or some of the actions of the colonists were. They were NOT an isolated incident in human history but rather the norm and they were not by any means the worst things humans have done to one another neither in scale nor in how horrific they were.

well, equality in Arab is really hard to comes by at past ...

even at present time for woman, and only just recently they give permit for woman to drive a car ... seriously ...

(probably the latest and the last big country which give driving car permit to woman)

also many Indonesian worker in Arab get major discrimination ...

1. don't get paid

2. beaten or sexually abused

3. killed

4. false acussion which lead to death sentence

5. ask for ransom in case of death sentence

The reason why people focus on colonial/industrial era European trade slavery so much compared to earlier slavery, or compared to what Africans and Middle Easterners did to each other is because slavery post colonialism was more brutal and dehumanizing than any era of slavery before.  Just look up the conditions on board slave ships traveling to the Americas.  And the treatment of and attitude towards slaves in the Americas directly resulted in modern day racism.

Also, pre-colonial slavery often (though hardly always) had something that slavery in the Americas did not - a legal way to get out.  Many cultures, like the Norse and Romans, allowed slaves to buy their freedom after a certain amount of time had passed.  Slaves in the Americas were slaves for life, and so were their children.

Last post on this matter from me. This is simply and factually wrong. Atrociously so. Especially were the Arab slave trade is concerned. The reason people concentrate so much on slavery in the New World is a surprisingly simple one. It was extremely well documented, it happened where most of the movement to end it originated from including violent confrontations over it and it was recognized as both wrong and guilt on their part. 

The Arab slave trade was INCREDIBLE violent and dehumanizing. It went far further than simply using slaves as a work force with the occasional "liberty" taken by the "owners". Most of the African slaves taken DID NOT HAVE CHILDREN or leave an imprint on the Arabic population. This alone should give one pause. 

Slaves were mostly used as "household" slaves. The procedure to turn boys into Eunuchs was incredible dangerous and saw most of them perish. Girls who were household servants did often not fare better. As bad as the European slave trade or some of the actions of the colonists were. They were NOT an isolated incident in human history but rather the norm and they were not by any means the worst things humans have done to one another neither in scale nor in how horrific they were.

... Many cultures, like the Norse and Romans, allowed slaves to buy their freedom after a certain amount of time had passed.  Slaves in the Americas were slaves for life, and so were their children.

Slaves in the Americas could earn manumission even before the ACW. There were laws in the books of most states governing the manumission mechanism. Putting aside the usual violations and general lack of enforcement, the original political problem was that the laws were state laws and could not transcend state boundaries. What eventually became the universal emancipation started with a debate to establish federal manumission laws. This is not to say that the existing laws before the ACW were in any way fair or gave the enslaved any semblance of a decent chance to earn their freedom. It's exactly those fundamental problems with the existing laws which ultimately drove national politicians to just reject the idea of manumission altogether and go for full emancipation.

Wow, I thought I'm here to read a fantasy manga with a slime as mc, but instead I'm confused how the comment section turned into a discussion of slavery history

Not bad, totally reminds me of history lesson

everyday living in batoto's comment section lol.

oh look a meathead envoy i wonder where he get this idea from...

*looks at Gabil*

Wow, I thought I'm here to read a fantasy manga with a slime as mc, but instead I'm confused how the comment section turned into a discussion of slavery history

It happens a lot in isekai, so it's not surprising. Here's a great clip from American Gods that touched on the subject. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCxFnVe6RiM

it's intentional, there is no biological gender attached to that body. the novel makes that pretty clear early on. that's why the appearance is androgynous. you could argue that he's male because he was a dude in his past life. but otherwise it's made evident early and never becomes an important topic later on

I think there's another point that was mentioned in passing

Spoiler

What is it with manga and people sending such shitty emissaries? I mean, It's not like our guys are that great either, but come on!

Well, they were just to scout the place, but if you send the tanks to scout mission, then everybody will notice them.

What is it with manga and people sending such shitty emissaries? I mean, It's not like our guys are that great either, but come on!

The reason why people focus on colonial/industrial era European trade slavery so much compared to earlier slavery, or compared to what Africans and Middle Easterners did to each other is because slavery post colonialism was more brutal and dehumanizing than any era of slavery before.  Just look up the conditions on board slave ships traveling to the Americas.  And the treatment of and attitude towards slaves in the Americas directly resulted in modern day racism.

Also, pre-colonial slavery often (though hardly always) had something that slavery in the Americas did not - a legal way to get out.  Many cultures, like the Norse and Romans, allowed slaves to buy their freedom after a certain amount of time had passed.  Slaves in the Americas were slaves for life, and so were their children.

Umm, no..  Even before that era, being the slave was dehumanizing. The winner of tribe wars could do anything with the loser. The only reason why the slavery in USA is so much spoken about is hypocrisy which lead to the civil war and abolition of the slavery.

The reason why people focus on colonial/industrial era European trade slavery so much compared to earlier slavery, or compared to what Africans and Middle Easterners did to each other is because slavery post colonialism was more brutal and dehumanizing than any era of slavery before.

You mean like right now right? 

Does it matter? Cuteness is justice. 

He/She/It is cute and totally ba....I mean yeah.

Spoiler

I don't think you're legally allowed to swooce in that smoothly when people still don't know if you have a bepis or a bajomba.

it's intentional, there is no biological gender attached to that body. the novel makes that pretty clear early on. that's why the appearance is androgynous. you could argue that he's male because he was a dude in his past life. but otherwise it's made evident early and never becomes an important topic later on

Spoiler

I don't think you're legally allowed to swooce in that smoothly when people still don't know if you have a bepis or a bajomba.

Does it matter? Cuteness is justice. 

Spoiler

... harbouring that adorable Demon Lord must be like having a moody primed Nuclear Bomb that could explode with the slightest wrong Nudge in the Middle in your Living Room ... I want to take lessons in Stress Management from Rimuru.

lJauf3D.jpg
"Mess with my lunch and you get the punch"

grudge over one's food is not to be underestimated...
... moreover if it's a demon lord's

Wait what we're ACTUALLY talking about sugar? I thought you were all talking about cocaine.

for girls and sweet tooth people, sugar might be more addictive than drugs ... seriously ...

Yep, sugar cane was expensive as other spices. The modern sugar that most of us are using today was invented in XIX century.

also in this new age, there's plenty of sugar resource ...

or rather sweet taste ...

sugar cane, bits (kinda misspell in here), honey, corn, yam, various sugar from fruit, etc ...

also there's several derivation in chemical and cooking which will increase sweet taste even without sugar ...

there's several artificial sugar too using chemical reaction ...

I can easily cook meat, vegetable, and fruit together without any sugar and the result still quite sweet too ... (because vegetables and fruit I use already sweet to begin with since it contain bit of sugar, heat can easily amplify sweet taste in cooking)

lJauf3D.jpg
"Mess with my lunch and you get the punch"

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics