Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.53 - 210votes)

Nariyuki Makase no Tengu Michi

Alt Names: alt ナリユキまかせの天狗道alt Nariyuki Makase no Tengumichi
Author: Nishino Juutarou
Artist: Nishino Juutarou
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiHarem HaremRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Having given a magical Tengu mask to a human boy when she was little, Tengu princess Arazunaya Jirou is told by her father to go get it back. Nariyuki (the boy), now a high-schooler, doesn't want to give it back. Slapstick comedy ensues.
Go to Nariyuki Makase no Tengu Michi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Buroguy32
  • 4 Replies
Topic spoiler raw.... New Window prongsjiisan
  • 2 Replies
Topic Interesting Manga! New Window Leniahi
  • 0 Replies

233 Comments

That's impressive to throw a card at 88mph.

epic manga has boobies in it!

...you guys seriously need an editor/proofreader for that last chapter....or were the web raws just that hard to read?

The only raws I've seen are pretty bad, but they're not so bad that the TL should end up like that. Definitely needs proofing

After looking at the character introduction in the last page. I expect this manga will soon has harem tag.

tumblr_mys7i9tnhB1qbcq9qo1_500.jpg

You guys are making me feel old... For the record, it was more about the movie than it was Michael J Fox. The movie is an 80's classic that is pretty much the quintessential movie of the decade. Also that wasn't directed at the translator, I honestly thought it was an error by the mangaka and was trying to make a joke of it, but ended up dating myself instead.

I wasn't taking it as a personal affront.  I make plenty of mistakes in translation as it is, leaving aside the very real possibilities of not getting a joke or not catching a cultural reference.  I don't mind being corrected: I learn that way.

As for feeling old: that's normal for me here.  Most of the people in this forum are younger than my kids.

You guys are making me feel old... For the record, it was more about the movie than it was Michael J Fox. The movie is an 80's classic that is pretty much the quintessential movie of the decade. Also that wasn't directed at the translator, I honestly thought it was an error by the mangaka and was trying to make a joke of it, but ended up dating myself instead.

actually it's written "giga", that's the correct writing derived from the greek γίγας (giant), it represents a factor of 109 and is the equivalent of a thousand "mega" (milloins), then kilo (thousand), hecto (hundred) and deca (ten), the "jiga" is the way to read it to get the correct pronunciation if you are an english speaker (as in many other languajes the "gi" is pronounced like the "ji" sound in english).

note that I'm ignoring the "watt" part, as the "giga" prefix is the same in all other scales (at least in the metric system), although the only one usually seen is "gigabyte" (as there's not much that actually requires to be measured in gigameters, gigagrams or gigaliters)

You are technically correct, which is why I used "gigawatt" at first.  But the "Back to the Future" fans have it right too, in the sense that in that movie the term "jigawatts" was used to exaggerate the power level required of the time machine.  And that omake page was an explicit riff on the movie, all the way down to the precise power level 1.21 and the possibility of using lightning as an alternate power source.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeLorean_time_machine#Fuel to see what was meant.

Mind you, I had no idea until Christopher called it to our attention.  I don't keep a library of such movie trivia in my head.  Computer stuff, yes.  Tolkien stuff, yes.  Michael J. Fox movies?  No.

IT'S JIGAWATTS DAMNIT! There is a GE commercial for power that has Michael J. Fox doing a voice over and he mentions the 1.21 gigawatts (not jigawatts). Every time I see it, I scream that...

actually it's written "giga", that's the correct writing derived from the greek γίγας (giant), it represents a factor of 109 and is the equivalent of a thousand "mega" (milloins), then kilo (thousand), hecto (hundred) and deca (ten), the "jiga" is the way to read it to get the correct pronunciation if you are an english speaker (as in many other languajes the "gi" is pronounced like the "ji" sound in english).

note that I'm ignoring the "watt" part, as the "giga" prefix is the same in all other scales (at least in the metric system), although the only one usually seen is "gigabyte" (as there's not much that actually requires to be measured in gigameters, gigagrams or gigaliters)

dont really like the 90s manga effect/reaction

Honestly its kind of refreshing compared to the more standard stuff nowadays. Makes the manga stand out more.

But I think this manga has been great so far. Tengu girls, now that is something that never gets done in rom coms.

Maybe I should start working on hanging clocks on my bathroom wall.  You never know what might happen.  ;)

Actually, the Japanese text here reads "1.21 jigo-watto"  Not being an intense fan of the Back to the Future movies (neither being against them), and having an engineering background, I thought it was simply the Japanese mangling English as they often do.  As you can see, they got the "ji" part right, but not the "ga" part.

So they messed up one way, I messed up another.  Sorry if I offended any rabid Michael J. Fox fans out there...

You can't really blame them for that, Japanese aren't really that good with foreign languages. A friend of mine is living in Japan and when he tells me how they spell things there (using katakana) I just can't stop laughing.

Yes! More Tengu girls. Bring it on.

IT'S JIGAWATTS DAMNIT! There is a GE commercial for power that has Michael J. Fox doing a voice over and he mentions the 1.21 gigawatts (not jigawatts). Every time I see it, I scream that...

Actually, the Japanese text here reads "1.21 jigo-watto"  Not being an intense fan of the Back to the Future movies (neither being against them), and having an engineering background, I thought it was simply the Japanese mangling English as they often do.  As you can see, they got the "ji" part right, but not the "ga" part.

So they messed up one way, I messed up another.  Sorry if I offended any rabid Michael J. Fox fans out there...

EDIT: And now it is fixed.

Whoa, another Back to the Future reference, it must have been really popular in Japan, uh?

Spoiler

pretty sure it was popular everywhere :)

the creator of gantz really liked it too, there is a manga/biography type thing that he made about it somewhere

Spoiler

gfz34c7.jpg

So that's why female Tengus seems to have huge PLOT

Whoa, another Back to the Future reference, it must have been really popular in Japan, uh?

Spoiler

well... dat cover sends a very clear message: "FULL OF PLOT" :P

"wolf ear tengu"

MY (lower) BODY IS READY

And there you go.  One more chapter done.

I guess we will continue this after all.  The first several chapters just appeared in tankobon form, and we will have it in our hands in a few days.  Since this particular series is serialized to the web, and the images shown in the company viewer are rather low resolution, they were very difficult to work with for scanlation.  Having it out in tankobon form changes things drastically for the better.

The series is now out to chapter 7 on the web, and is continuing to introduce new characters and situations.

YES! Another manga followed! For the plot! >.> Not for anything else. Just the boobs. I mean plot. Yes, the blot. Plot. Either way. Followed. 

Boioioioioing :3

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics