Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.05 - 488votes)

Maou no Hajimekata - The Comic

Alt Names: alt Cara Mengawali Karir Sebagai Raja Iblis - Komikalt 魔王の始め方 THE COMICalt How to Book on the Devil - The Comicalt How to Build a Dungeon: Book of the Demon Kingalt How to Get Started as the Demon King - The Comicalt 成为魔王的方法
Author: Warau Yakan
Artist: Komiya Toshimasa
Genres: Action ActionEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyHarem HaremSeinen SeinenSmut SmutTragedy Tragedy[no chapters] [no chapters]
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: "I do not trust humans. They’ll betray you without fail.” Aur, the man who had obtained the ability and right to become the Maou at the end of his life of research. Summoning the succubus Lilu, he then sets out on creating his own domain, a gigantic labyrinthine dungeon… The misanthropic Maou taking on the world, the curtain rises on a dark harem fantasy!

Webcomic:
http://www.comic-valkyrie.com/modules/web_valkyrie/maouno/

adapted from web novel series of the same name

========Batoto Staff Notice=========
Chapters removed due to content
that violates our Guidelines on
Inappropriate Content.
PLEASE DO NOT UPLOAD!
========Staff Notice End==========
Go to Maou no Hajimekata - The Comic Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic novel New Window babbo5d
  • 4 Replies

771 Comments

As long as the main character isn't the one being NTR'd, I am fine with it. 

Literally: OW, THE EDGE.

Seriously, even bismuth doesn't have so many edges.

Still gonna see how it will develop. 

God this series is such waste of paper, time, and memory. I've read hentai with better characters and plot. Even that NTR reveal wasn't done well, how much more of a failure could this be?!

You called?

Yeah. Apparently the web novel this is based in finished already. Investigate how many chapters there are. CHOP CHOP!!

I forgot about that part. In the end it seems I don't care THAT much about this series, which is good.

But it would still be fun. That or having him trapped for all eternity in a glass bead or some soul-containing vessel.

Aur is a cool and hard working dude, i hope nothing bad happens to him

Im looking forward to his mindbreaking games in the upcoming chapters

No but seriously, why is this allowed on Batoto again?

I wonder it too. We can't have Nana to Kaoru ( which shows far less sexual content despite being about S&M and has far healthier relationships and plot) but we have this story.

Am I the only one who's hopping that at the end of this there will be Someguy whom will go and kill Aur? But not just poke a sword at him and that's it. I'm speaking about a brutal and über-karmic death. As in, as he's beaten the crap out of him by the guy whom killed and sent him to this world, he begs help to the girls but they are all freed from his thrall and they refuse and scorn him.

It would be a FUN* ending but I doubt the author has the imagination to pull this.

You called?

He is immortal, so it wont happen

Prepare for more rape and NTR by Aur and co

I forgot about that part. In the end it seems I don't care THAT much about this series, which is good.

But it would still be fun. That or having him trapped for all eternity in a glass bead or some soul-containing vessel.

Am I the only one who's hopping that at the end of this there will be Someguy whom will go and kill Aur? But not just poke a sword at him and that's it. I'm speaking about a brutal and über-karmic death. As in, as he's beaten the crap out of him by the guy whom killed and sent him to this world, he begs help to the girls but they are all freed from his thrall and they refuse and scorn him.

It would be a FUN* ending but I doubt the author has the imagination to pull this.

He is immortal, so it wont happen

Prepare for more rape and NTR by Aur and co

No but seriously, why is this allowed on Batoto again?

poZXS7p.jpg?1 

I've read so much NTR that i'm immune to it.

Well, the opening of the story does hint to some cause.

But anybody hoping for some profound reason that genuinely gets the audience to sympathise with him, is almost certainly just setting themselves up for disappointment.

That's sadly true :/ I don't mean sympathise but just have a well developped character. 'cause juste being bad for the sake of being bad... that's gonna be boring reaaaallly quick. (don't mean to make a uchiwalike tragic past or bullshit like that, but just having more that a 1 dimensional character)

Well... the fact is that Aur has no depth at all as a villain :/ Let the vilain win, ok. But what are his motivation, why is he vilain? He hate humanity, because he was betrayed, ok. But how? How can he come to hate it THIS much to the point he betray every human he encounter? I can be fun first, but it's kind of repetitive now. And doesn't serve anything other that "Oh my oh my, Aur is reaaaaallly a bad guy"

Well, the opening of the story does hint to some cause.

But anybody hoping for some profound reason that genuinely gets the audience to sympathise with him, is almost certainly just setting themselves up for disappointment.

Well... the fact is that Aur has no depth at all as a villain :/ Let the vilain win, ok. But what are his motivation, why is he vilain? He hate humanity, because he was betrayed, ok. But how? How can he come to hate it THIS much to the point he betray every human he encounter? I can be fun first, but it's kind of repetitive now. And doesn't serve anything other that "Oh my oh my, Aur is reaaaaallly a bad guy"

Overlord has the people of Carne and Sebas, whom are regular humans and a fairly decent fellow respectively.

Actually, Sebas's true form is a Dragonoid. As far as "good" NPCs are concerned, besides Sebas, there is also Yuri Alpha, CZ2128 Delta and possibly the Lastborn of Pleiades. Doesn't stop any of them from killing anybody without hesitation, if Ainz orders it.

"Overlord has the people of Carne and Sebas, whom are regular humans" Just a point to note. In vol 5 of overlord, they made a comment that there are no humans in Nazarick. As such, I wouldn't count Sebastian among the human winners.

There is the "Lastborn of Pleiades", who is an irregular human. But yeah, Sebas doesn't qualify as human, he just looks like one for the same reason as all of the other important NPCs.

The NTR hit this hero guy hard af!

FOR THE GLORY OF TRUMP-SAMA!

MAKE AMERICA MAOU NO HAJIMEKATA GREAT AGAIN!

Yeah, its kinda bad when from all page, only credit page is truly memorable.

Spoiler

Smirking the entire chapter anyway.

Who doesn't?

I know NTR is coming since a long time ago , but its still painful to read.

Smirking the entire chapter anyway.

I think the point where the narrative suffers the most is the lack of likeable 'winner'. Let me phrase: both Overlord and Hellsing portray ammoral protagonists whom are evil and you know they won't ever lose. NEVER.

Yeah, this kinda sounds like this manga? Amirite? But this lacks the thing that keeps both series afloat: likeable 'winners'. Hellsing had Ceres, whom struggled with her new-found vampirehood and was a fairly good person. Overlord has the people of Carne and Sebas, whom are regular humans and a fairly decent fellow respectively. They struggle and suffer through their story arcs, but ultimately we can say they fare well. They are good characters whom end up winning. And they are introduced right of the bat. Because, for all our airs of 'we want bad boys' there's a side of us that screams: good feels good. And we need that, so this characters whom must fullfill this role are introduced soon.

This series lacks this kind of character: all are doomed to fall into the MC's thrall or die in a shameful way. Having 'good' characters actually means squat if their story arcs are going to be cut short or be left unfullfiling, like it happens here.

sometimes people LIKE letting the badguy win, i mean really look at all the Visual Novels that Japan puts out that focus on that rofl.  AND SOMETIMES EVIL FEELS BETTER THAN GOOD BWAHAHAHHAHAHAH. I like this series alot because the author is doing what every author wishes they could. Let the badguy win! Afterall badguys are usually the ones the author puts the most work into, the most agonizing time and pain into (I am also an author btw) and yet so very often all the careful backstory and tragicness are put out like a candle with barely a  flick of a sword...
(I DM a D&D game as well and you wouldnt BELIEVE how often I write up a 50 page backstory for a tragic character and the damn players are like LOOK HE HAS SHINY RING I STAB HIM!)

Spoiler
"Overlord has the people of Carne and Sebas, whom are regular humans" Just a point to note. In vol 5 of overlord, they made a comment that there are no humans in Nazarick. As such, I wouldn't count Sebastian among the human winners.

I think the point where the narrative suffers the most is the lack of likeable 'winner'. Let me phrase: both Overlord and Hellsing portray ammoral protagonists whom are evil and you know they won't ever lose. NEVER.

Yeah, this kinda sounds like this manga? Amirite? But this lacks the thing that keeps both series afloat: likeable 'winners'. Hellsing had Ceres, whom struggled with her new-found vampirehood and was a fairly good person. Overlord has the people of Carne and Sebas, whom are regular humans and a fairly decent fellow respectively. They struggle and suffer through their story arcs, but ultimately we can say they fare well. They are good characters whom end up winning. And they are introduced right of the bat. Because, for all our airs of 'we want bad boys' there's a side of us that screams: good feels good. And we need that, so this characters whom must fullfill this role are introduced soon.

This series lacks this kind of character: all are doomed to fall into the MC's thrall or die in a shameful way. Having 'good' characters actually means squat if their story arcs are going to be cut short or be left unfullfiling, like it happens here.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics