Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.3 - 82votes)

Nanoha Yougashiten no Ii Shigoto

Alt Names: alt なのは洋菓子店のいい仕事alt Le travail de qualité de la pâtisserie Nanohaalt The Quality Work of Pâtisserie Nanoha
Author: Wakaki Tamiki
Artist: Wakaki Tamiki
Genres: Comedy ComedyCooking CookingShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A pastry shop with filled delectable sweets on the hillside run by three brothers, Thyme, Sage, and Parsley. An otome's dream is it not? Well, hopes crushed.

Nanoha bakery is run by a lifeless genius baker, a motivated novice baker and shopkeeper, and a child. Facing rivalries, low sales, and debt, Sage tries to save the family bakery! Along the way, he meets some interesting characters.

From the creator of The World God Only Knows
Go to Nanoha Yougashiten no Ii Shigoto Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Doomed to fail New Window genesic123
  • 4 Replies
Topic about donating for raws New Window Mana Light
  • 0 Replies

108 Comments

I wish all relationship problems could be solved with the quadratic formula

2z8q5uc.jpg

man, I really don't like Kanoka atm.  i'm fine with tsunderes, but she's 100% tsun and 0% dere

While I don't think it's fair to compare a work that's in it's beginning to one by the same mangaka that ran over 280 chapters, I'm enjoying Kanoka as a sort of 'Keima' type that comes up with cunning plans without factoring in human variances, including her own emotions.

I quite like this manga... but still wondering when the alien invasion is going to happen ;)

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/yogashiten-galaxy-r12782

man, I really don't like Kanoka atm.  i'm fine with tsunderes, but she's 100% tsun and 0% dere

Spoiler

The very definition of a love triangle. lol

I think it's a little bit of a mistranslation. The English word "tobacco" is used in Japanese to refer to cigarettes, so calling it a cigarette instead of tobacco would be a bit more accurate, as that doesn't necessarily imply that it has tobacco in it just from the name, although most cigarettes do.

The fact that that thing actually bring back the dead maybe the ingredient for that cigar is not tobacco mmm...

Eh... so at that point, can you still even call it tobacco?

I think it's a little bit of a mistranslation. The English word "tobacco" is used in Japanese to refer to cigarettes, so calling it a cigarette instead of tobacco would be a bit more accurate, as that doesn't necessarily imply that it has tobacco in it just from the name, although most cigarettes do.

I get the feeling that this girl would get along well with a certain god of conquests... Or maybe they would mesh horribly, it's one or the other. She could take acting lessons from him at the very least

Depends on how it was cured.

Much like whisky, the cask itself determines the whisky's flavor. The same is true of tobacco. The method of curing has a small but notable impact on the flavor of the tobacco.

Course, thanks to both industries being for-profit industries, a lot of niche and experimental methods are flat-out unused (ie. vacuum dried tobacco and pinewood barrels for whisky; the former being too expensive and damages the leaves too much, the latter being terrible tasting/selling)

The childhood friend hears about a fiance and she doesn't appear jealous? What a twist

Well that's probably going to change in the next chapter, but I can always hope for trope breaking

I get the feeling that this girl would get along well with a certain god of conquests... Or maybe they would mesh horribly, it's one or the other. She could take acting lessons from him at the very least

so we'll leave it as it is <.<

Hey there!
I'm the proofreader for the series. We're currently checking in with the translator to see what they say.
To be honest, this was something I was wondering about as well. My personal impression from the discussion of Business and Economics in the beginning though was that "hypothesis" would be a little too scientific.

EDIT:
Reading through the lines of the father again, I will stand by the idea that "conjecture" is more appropriate for what the father said. In the line "This is simply conjecture" he is referring to the idea that whatever they are discussing is only theoretical and has little to no reflection in the real world.
"hypothesis" is something I would consider more appropriate for what Kotonoha refers to when she says "theory". I personally wanted to keep the use of "theory" consistent throughout the text, however, and there were a few cases where "hypothesis" didn't really fit too well with the rest of the sentence.

i see,

i interpreted her father's words to be that her idea as too simplistic and doesnt reflect the real world, in which case "hypothesis" wont sound out of place. under ur interpretation "hypotheisis" would sound a bit clunky.

from my best translation-fu and understanding of jp and another language for which i piece together understanding of the Kanji and that sentence of the father, personally i cant say conclusively whether my interpretation is correct or not so i will take your interpretation unless someone say otherwise.

personally i think "theory" fits her description of what she thinks her ideas are pretty well since she is convinved that it is correct and that it will be shown through her testing, so she is trying to prove it rather then test it.

also personally, "hypothesis" is fine in the context of bussiness or economics or in this case its more like social science so its not too scientific of a word, at least allow those guys(including me) to keep up the pretense that we are scientist.

@lastKANASHimi : i'll ask translator about this.

here is raws (use ad block and ad block+ to prevent pop-up)

http://raw.senmanga.com/Nanoha-Yougashiten-no-Ii-Shigoto/009/1#1

there is a bit of a translation "quirk" in the lastest chapter that i wonder was in the orginal japanese or not.

she called her work a "theory" and when she mentioned her dad's comment it was called a "conjecture" and with the continuing rebuttal that it is reflected in practice ( surprisingly accurate idea-ish of what i theory should be)

now to be a very pedentic person. within the context of the chapter, wouldnt "hypothesis" be more accurate then "conjecture" in this case due to this being more of a scientific setting rather then a mathematical setting?

Hey there!
I'm the proofreader for the series. We're currently checking in with the translator to see what they say.
To be honest, this was something I was wondering about as well. My personal impression from the discussion of Business and Economics in the beginning though was that "hypothesis" would be a little too scientific.

EDIT:
Reading through the lines of the father again, I will stand by the idea that "conjecture" is more appropriate for what the father said. In the line "This is simply conjecture" he is referring to the idea that whatever they are discussing is only theoretical and has little to no reflection in the real world.
"hypothesis" is something I would consider more appropriate for what Kotonoha refers to when she says "theory". I personally wanted to keep the use of "theory" consistent throughout the text, however, and there were a few cases where "hypothesis" didn't really fit too well with the rest of the sentence.

there is a bit of a translation "quirk" in the lastest chapter that i wonder was in the orginal japanese or not.

she called her work a "theory" and when she mentioned her dad's comment it was called a "conjecture" and with the continuing rebuttal that it is reflected in practice ( surprisingly accurate idea-ish of what i theory should be)

now to be a very pedentic person. within the context of the chapter, wouldnt "hypothesis" be more accurate then "conjecture" in this case due to this being more of a scientific setting rather then a mathematical setting?

Why are people being so harsh? Of course it isn't like KamiNomi, it was never supposed to be. It's like comparing Fullmetal Alchemist and Silver Spoon, mangas by the same author, both trying to accomplish completely different things. If you don't like it, stop reading it.

I think because the ending of twgok. People can't accept it, on other way FMA got good ending. Well, keima accept reality so he choose chihiro. Of course the other shippers is disappointed. Some fans blame the editor. They just want to let out their sh*t.

So don't get too serious for shipping
Btw, I'm ayumi shipper .

Sorry for OOT and bad english
I hope this manga get romance development

Homonk is now best character

Why are people being so harsh? Of course it isn't like KamiNomi, it was never supposed to be. It's like comparing Fullmetal Alchemist and Silver Spoon, mangas by the same author, both trying to accomplish completely different things. If you don't like it, stop reading it.

"This isn't a gourmet manga!"

-> proceeds to play out the rest of the chapter like a gourmet manga.

Just like in Symphogear. "Anime ja nain dakara!"

the author's notes made me salty again

This manga is lazy as F@ck.

TWGOK was axed for this?
Want to reslove to lore of loose souls?Nope?
Want to see the character development come full circle?A Garbage OTP which goes against her character development is better!
Twgok could have been a once a lifetime,awesome story.

Nanoha will be forgotten at best,most likely axed.
This manga has zero character development.The cake info is forced,The whole theme of taimu is just terrible.The plot is non existant.

Wakaki Tamiki,crawl back to your basement.you stopped twgok for this?A donkey shit has more effort put into it than this.No Sane person on planet earth would do something like this.

You Chihiro shippers made him do this.And you will always be the worst shipping fandom of all time.

Is that his name on the grave? Was that out of nowhere or was there some foreshadowing that I missed/forgot?

actually it is long time enough for me to forget TWGOK and stop comparing. the only thing i can remember in TWGOK is cute girl so i hope there are cute girls in nanoha yougashiten :v .

TWGOK was only good untill the goddess nonsense anyways.

the author's notes made me salty again

"This isn't a gourmet manga!"

-> proceeds to play out the rest of the chapter like a gourmet manga.

I can't shake this feeling of disaster if Taimu didn't decide to have any apprentice to pass his skills to at all.

Spoiler

And Seiji seriously need more cool moment, he's basically the most hard-working and reliable, but as of now his role is nothing but butt-monkey.

Let's see what's in store for future chapters.

Cover 04!!

71Bg71AiNhL.jpg

Spoiler

I feel kind of sorry for Wakaki, because it will take a long time until his works will stop being compared to TWGOK, but that is the cost of having published a popular series.

I get the feeling that he's writing about something he really enjoys, though. There's a surprising number of cooking, especially sweets, manga that have no joy in them whatsoever. The confections aren't the main subject, but they're still there and described in slight depth

actually it is long time enough for me to forget TWGOK and stop comparing. the only thing i can remember in TWGOK is cute girl so i hope there are cute girls in nanoha yougashiten :v .

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics