Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.57 - 200votes)

The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor

Alt Names: alt El Legendario Escultor de la Luz Lunaralt 달빛 조각사alt Legende du Sculpteur Crepusculaire
Author: Nam Hee-Sung & Lee Do-Gyeong
Artist: Kim Tae-Hyung
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyCooking CookingDrama DramaFantasy FantasyMartial Arts Martial ArtsRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: The man forsaken by the world, the man a slave to money and the man known as the legendary God of War in the highly popular MMORPG Continent of Magic. With the coming of age, he decides to say goodbye, but the feeble attempt to earn a little something for his time and effort ripples into an effect none could ever have imagined.

Through a series of coincidences, his legendary avatar is sold for 3.1 billion won, bringing great joy to him, only to plunge him into despair at losing almost all of it to vicious loan sharks. With revelation of money through gaming, he rises from the abyss with new found resolve and steps forward into the new age of games led by the first ever Virtual Reality MMORPG, Royal Road.

This is the legend of Lee Hyun on his path to becoming Emperor with only his family loving heart, his boundless desire for money, his unexpected mind, his diligently forged body and the talent of hard work backing him.

This is the legend of the lowest becoming the strongest.

This is the legend of WEED.

Original Webcomic:
http://page.kakao.com/home/47196143
Go to The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Is Game of Scanlation on this one? or does another group need to pick it up? New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 3 Replies
Topic I think we can all agree we would buy his avatar at any price New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 0 Replies
Topic Last chapter discussion New Window Epolimar
  • 18 Replies

380 Comments

I'm really liking this, it's just, weed's not crazy enough. He should have more of an air of a paranoid ravenous beast. This guy seems too well adjusted. It's also not focusing on the comedy. I still have hope this will be great though. The art is incredible. The pacing is pretty good so far, not too hurried. The other novel adaptations lately seem like they'd squeeze these 3 chapters into 2 pages.

It's true that they've skimmed through the whole intro part of the story and the relationships between his family. Plus his desperation over money. They didn't even show the parts where he was swindled out of his money by his boss. But...

As far as I remember, he doesn't start to REALLY show his crazy self until after he gets the LMS job and starts to do his high level quests.

Besides, most of us are spoiled so that might also be a factor in us rating the webtoon in such a manner.

I'm gonna give it a chance and go through the whole thing.

I'm really liking this, it's just, weed's not crazy enough. He should have more of an air of a paranoid ravenous beast. This guy seems too well adjusted. It's also not focusing on the comedy. I still have hope this will be great though. The art is incredible. The pacing is pretty good so far, not too hurried. The other novel adaptations lately seem like they'd squeeze these 3 chapters into 2 pages.

Exactly what i thought, the novel really set the feeling of a poor, dirty kind of poverty ravaged life. His selling of the account really brought out a more exciting feel and stuff. I know theres a limit to how much art can tell a person, but really the MC looks way too polished and clean to be the weed i know. 

yea my vision of him was really haggard, like if he half worked himself to death and generally a lot less clean then this weed, would be nice if he wore just the t-shirt with a few stitches somewhere (no patch) or something of the like, or otherwise just show that they are really in the dumps.

Hmmm, now that I reread the first volume, I think the artist skipped over the intro too quickly, weed's continent of magic account scene, his relationship with his grandma and sister were kind of just brushed over.

You just can't set the mood without a good intro.

Also Weeds hair looks way too well groomed, and appearance too childish for a 23 year old men that has suffered through years of child labour abuse and poverty.

I pray that the artist would eventually get the message. Don't want to be that person who has his favourite novel ruined by a bad adaptation.

Exactly what i thought, the novel really set the feeling of a poor, dirty kind of poverty ravaged life. His selling of the account really brought out a more exciting feel and stuff. I know theres a limit to how much art can tell a person, but really the MC looks way too polished and clean to be the weed i know. 

OMG!!! Yes, we NEED those capsules and VRMMO right now!!!

/Giggling like a little schoolgirl

You should read Zhan Long, it's another good VRMMO.

http://www.webtoonsreader.com/zhan-long/

OMG!!! Yes, we NEED those capsules and VRMMO right now!!!

/Giggling like a little schoolgirl

On what periods will you try to bring chapters out ? weekly , ASAP , few days ? This is interesting :) That looks more like a chinese manhua.

We'll do our best to have it out the same day as the raw is out.

On what periods will you try to bring chapters out ? weekly , ASAP , few days ? This is interesting :) That looks more like a chinese manhua.

Chapter 3 is out on our website, http://www.webtoonsreader.com/lms/3/

It hasn't been that long since i read then novel. (damn thing stopped being translated)

http://jawztranslations.blogspot.co.uk/p/legendary-moonlight-sculptor.html

Hmmm, now that I reread the first volume, I think the artist skipped over the intro too quickly, weed's continent of magic account scene, his relationship with his grandma and sister were kind of just brushed over.

You just can't set the mood without a good intro.

Also Weeds hair looks way too well groomed, and appearance too childish for a 23 year old men that has suffered through years of child labour abuse and poverty.

I pray that the artist would eventually get the message. Don't want to be that person who has his favourite novel ruined by a bad adaptation.

u have to remember he start in royal road 1 year later and in that year he start to training like crazy so in the next chapter we are going to see a bad ass weed in training scenes

Except we already saw Weed in chapter 0. He looks like a prim and proper gentleman, not the caniving badass anyone who has read a decent amount of the novels knows he is. It's a complete character disconnect. Seo Yoon is the exact same way for me, I imagined her a little smaller and meek. Just a little, as of now, she seems too confident rather than broken.

You'll also have to find translators willing to piss off the author, since we stopped translating the LN specifically because that's all the author gave us permission for.

Not just piss off, but possibly ignore legal issues. I remember reading that the author was going to self publish the novels in English which was why they were taken down from royalroadl in the first place.

a lms manhwa! sweet! think Ark will get one too?

I can't wait til Weed (LMS Weed, NOT marijuana) rules the world ;3.

http://www.webtoonsreader.com/lms/2/

Look at the end, looks like the artist thankfully did not forget about the God of a War.

It hasn't been that long since i read then novel. (damn thing stopped being translated) I always likened Weed to Edward Kenway. As in Fuck everything else that has nothing to do with making money mentality.

Nothing gets me to like a protagonist more that one who has his/her priorities straight. 

Webtoon's weed looks like an average brat, we need the badass one that is in the cover. He don't look like a person who worked most of his life and fought for every won he earned!
I need to see GREED on his face! lol 

Hopefully, this will get popular enough to restart the novel translation...we need more LMS.

u have to remember he start in royal road 1 year later and in that year he start to training like crazy so in the next chapter we are going to see a bad ass weed in training scenes

You'll also have to find translators willing to piss off the author, since we stopped translating the LN specifically because that's all the author gave us permission for. 

What an asshole. 

Webtoon's weed looks like an average brat, we need the badass one that is in the cover. He don't look like a person who worked most of his life and fought for every won he earned!

Hopefully, this will get popular enough to restart the novel translation...we need more LMS.

We still have decent summaries out for the remaining 25+ volumes after that point,

i still haven't found these decent summaries  for vol. 21+ people keep talking about. all i've seen are links to RRL and those weird Q&A summaries that make no sense at all and barely give any info.

Chapter 2 is now out, you can read it at http://www.webtoonsreader.com

It will get popular for sure, it's Weed afterall. But I hope people don't pick up the translation of the novel since it already reached volume 20. The author of the novel magnanimously allowed translators to translate into English up to that point but it is still under copyright of some company who bought the rights but only translated a volume's worth. We still have decent summaries out for the remaining 25+ volumes after that point, but respects to translators that respected the author.

Agreed with the GREED on his face statement though, hope he changed for the greater Weed.

Indeed. He looks more like i imagined Zephyr to look. He doesn't look like he appears in the cover of the novel

Spoiler

Yeah, Weed doesn't look anything like I imagined. The fanart ch1 of the webtoon was a bit better in that respect.  He looked more "average" than this version.  Seoyoon also looks a lot different than I imagined... again because I saw a fanart of her with red hair and never got it out of my head.  Damn fanart.

Oh well.  I know I'm not the only one who was waiting for (what seemed like) forever for this webtoon.  Has it been four years already since novel translations started? Damn, I feel old.

Finally, they made a webtoon for this!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics