Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 156votes)

Chikyuu no Houkago

Alt Names: alt Afterschool Time of the Earthalt 地球の放課後
Author: Yoshitomi Akihito
Artist: Yoshitomi Akihito
Genres: Adventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaMystery MysteryRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Most of humanity has been wiped out by mysterious dark monsters known only as "Phantoms." Four survivors, who may well be the last of the human race, have found one another and are sharing a quiet, peaceful existence. These survivors are a kind, dependable teenage boy called Masashi, two teenage girls, shyer Sanae and bolder Yaeko, and a little girl called Anna. They feel as though they're just living in a perpetual "after school" state, waiting for the rest of the human race to come home.
Go to Chikyuu no Houkago Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Will this live up to its promise? New Window wigjump
  • 2 Replies

259 Comments

100% certain the old man is Masashi from the future, making sure the four of them meet.

easy girl.. you just wait for 3 or five year....

for population to contain genetic diversity.. I guess those girls should have 5 or 10 children.. lel

"I Want to get to know you better..."

*Cue sexy music*

No problem, just go to a nuclear reactor and get some mutations. xD

That won't work, as mutations don't work like that on the short span, specially the radioactive initiated mutations as most mutations will be effectively eliminated by the immune system.

And if you were half as smart as he is, you'd know that one male and three females isn't enough for a sustainable population, since within 3-4 generation their offspring would have horrible inbreeding issues and would most likely die out.

No problem, just go to a nuclear reactor and get some mutations. xD

Masashi the ultimate tease.

The fact that he hasn't whipped them up into a "rebuild the human race" breeding hysteria and impregnated them both just means he's unfit in terms of Darwinian evolution. Sad.

And if you were half as smart as he is, you'd know that one male and three females isn't enough for a sustainable population, since within 3-4 generation their offspring would have horrible inbreeding issues and would most likely die out.

Don't believe me? Charles II of Spain. Do you see that ugly mug?

Spoiler

THAT'S THE BEST THE PAINTER COULD DO. That's why first cousins breeding over multiple generations isn't a good idea.

The fact that he hasn't whipped them up into a "rebuild the human race" breeding hysteria and impregnated them both just means he's unfit in terms of Darwinian evolution. Sad.

I was kind of surprised that Yaeko is Masashi's age, and one year older than Sanae.  Although it was never stated, it always seemed that Sanae was more mature than Yaeko.  And, yes; solving Fermat's Last Theorem is somewhat more difficult than figuring out Gauss's speed method of adding all the numbers from one to one hundred.

Yyyyeah that was a biiiit of a stretch. I mean, I get that this is a bit of a sci-fi series, but the dude who first proved the theorem took several YEARS to research it. And he was 41 at the time (1994), so even if all of the girls added their ages, they would be barely older. A savant and two geniuses wouldn't solve it in less than a few hours after hearing this problem.

And it's pretty much impossible to do it by people who don't know even the stuff taught in high schools, much less universities. It's not a matter of intelligence, but also knowledge.

to be fair as noted in the edit it is a specific solution rather then the general one, which isnt completely outside the remits of a person with some knowledge of how to do proofs, so its more like a puzzle rather then proving the whole thing. still might be outside the remits of normal gradeschoolers but it feels less gigantic

lol solving fermat's last theorem on in a single afternoon

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

if we can get some mathmos in here, does just setting it as N=4 a viable hint?

so the phantoms created this world as a place to breed mathematicians?

Yyyyeah that was a biiiit of a stretch. I mean, I get that this is a bit of a sci-fi series, but the dude who first proved the theorem took several YEARS to research it. And he was 41 at the time (1994), so even if all of the girls added their ages, they would be barely older. A savant and two geniuses wouldn't solve it in less than a few hours after hearing this problem.

And it's pretty much impossible to do it by people who don't know even the stuff taught in high schools, much less universities. It's not a matter of intelligence, but also knowledge.

lol solving fermat's last theorem on in a single afternoon

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

if we can get some mathmos in here, does just setting it as N=4 a viable hint?

so the phantoms created this world as a place to breed mathematicians?

edit: so after looking at the wiki, there is a specific solution for n=4 which was solved earlier, so thats what im guessing that's what they were getting at, so its just a specific case proof rather then a generalised proof

Suddenly advance math in slice of life manga!

I'm pretty sure he's dense from being so backed up, yet constantly tempted by three girls. Well, a girl, a loli and a tsundere.

*oppai, loli and tsundere

I'm pretty sure he's dense from being so backed up, yet constantly tempted by three girls. Well, a girl, a loli and a tsundere.

anna with her amazing sixth sense knew where to put up that "baka" laundry(assuming baka since it was translated in english, it may be aho)

That got a chuckle out me as well! XD

anna with her amazing sixth sense knew where to put up that "baka" laundry(assuming baka since it was translated in english, it may be aho)

They should have left that as "stupid" too just like her dialogue for continuity purposes. 

Awesome series.

Fav'd.

10 chapters left huh??!!!i'm wonder if masashi teory is right or not in the end??

So, animals understand how to use the phantom's time travel and are able to do so freely. Also, creepy new way for the phantoms to lure them into being captured so they can finally complete what they planned and return everyone.

so the wolf uses the phantom for a time travel like a hitchhiker.

went back to the pass warned younger wolf self then hitched a ride with the right phantom to transport himself back.

Instinct are amazing.

just when I'm expecting those 2 girl get jello ... *sigh* ...

I think "leave behind offspring" would look better on page 10 of chapter 26.

Finished reading. Such a wonderful manga. Never trying to be anything else, just simple slice-of-life with a few twists. One of the best manga I own.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics