Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.62 - 103votes)

RAINBOW

Alt Names: alt 少年犯之七人alt GÖKKUŞAĞIalt RAINBOW - 二舎六房の七人-alt Rainbow - Nisha Rokubō no Shichininalt Радуга
Author: Abe George
Artist: Kakizaki Masasumi
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Six minors (16 - 17 years) answering to the nicknames of Joe, Mario, Suppon, Baremoto, Heitai, and Kyabetsu are put into a reformatory for offenses such as aggravated assault, swindling, flight, etc. Their stay in hell begins immediately. Accommodated by a doctor pedophile, they are placed under the watch of a despotic and brutal crew. Cellmates with a certain Sakuragi (called Anchan), the tension rises between the band of buddies and their new "friend." A brawl breaks out, and our six prisoners are done rossés by the mysterious young man, thanks to his boxing talent.

The story will not only follow the lives of these seven characters surviving in their hellish environment, but also their disillusions due to the rejection by the outside world and by their close relations. This is about the extraodinary and invincible friendships between these young men.

Rainbow received the 2005 Shogakukan Manga Award for the seinen/general category along with A Spirit of the Sun.
Go to RAINBOW Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

95 Comments

Probable dialogue at some Japanese printing house.

- WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE ALREADY RAN OUT OF BLACK ? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME, OR ARE YOU STEALING THE INK POWDER TO RESELL IT ?

- But, boss ! This week we were printing Rainbow !

- Oh, shoot. You're right. My bad.

Thank you so much Easy Going Scans for this absolutely incredible manga.

Please keep up the great work!

:)

I'd pee on my pants ! :o

Not only that, they are all Heavy Metal and Rock song titles...mostly German Power Metal songs...

ts just written at all volumes end.

Chapter titles are in alphabetical order. Wow, I did not notice that 'til now.

Not only that, they are all Heavy Metal and Rock song titles...mostly German Power Metal songs...

bitch, that's how a prostitute's life is XD

Spoiler

bitch, that's how a prostitute's life is XD

why isn't this shit more popular

the anime was the best

Literally the greatest manga ever. Every manga that I've ever read and thought "Man this is good," is now a complete piece of shit compared to this one.

The art is beautiful and the story line is incredible. I can't wait to read the rest.
i ended up staying up all night : P
If you liked the movie Sleepers, you'd really enjoy this manga. Definitely one on my recommend list.
Now this manga is what I would call an intense emotional rollercoaster. Cried after every chapter, but the character development in this is amazing! I'm a bit disturbed that this was based on real experiences, its really traumatic. T_T
Chapter titles are in alphabetical order. Wow, I did not notice that 'til now.
Mangaka draws while crying. T.T
Soupon is probably developing cancer from the bomb.
Life's looking up for Supon right now though...

This manga is amazing, manly tears were shed. Read it.

Real men don't shed tears, they only sweat from the eyes.
Somebody knows about what chapter of the manga ends the anime?
@Hellion twins
Spoiler
What's up with Suppon? Heart attacks?

Baremoto didn't see that one coming...

But I did (her lie, not her death).
It was obvious Eri was lying.
As a prostitue, when you finally manage to get a client, you want him to come back as often as possible, which can be achieved by various means.
One of these means, is of course making the client pity you (so he'll come more often to easy your pain).

However, I won't say that Eri was a bad person, since she realized (too late) that Baremoto was in a similar (if not worse) situation than she was, and ended up pitying him.
She did what she could to keep Baremoto from visiting her, by telling him not to come back and that he wouldn't make a difference anyway.
As she realized that Baremoto was seriously in love with her, she decided to dump him as a last resort.

She could've been really mean, keeping up her charade and continuously relieving him of his money, but she didn't.

In short: What Eri did was wrong, but she had her reasons and, honestly, there are far worse people doing far worse deeds.

R.I.P. Eri.
Baremoto didn't see that one coming...
BAREMOTO!
:)

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics