Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 84votes)

Karakuri Circus

Alt Names: alt からくりサーカスalt 傀儡马戏团alt Gánh Xiếc Quái Dịalt Le Cirque de Karakuri
Author: Fujita Kazuhiro
Artist: Fujita Kazuhiro
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaFantasy FantasyPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceShounen ShounenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Katou Narumi (19) suffers from Zonapha Syndrome, a rare ailment that stops his breathing unless he makes people laugh. He's been forced to abandon his training in Chinese kenpo and return to Japan, where he now works as a clown. The only problem: he's not very funny.

One day he meets Saiga Masaru (11), the recent inheritor of a huge fortune, who gives him the first laugh he's gotten all day. When he realizes Masaru is being pursued by assassins, he steps in to protect the boy, only to discover that instead of conventional weapons, the assassins wield huge, eerie puppets. They soon encounter the mysterious Shirogane (age unknown), who controls a puppet of her own, and claims she was sent from France by Masaru's late grandfather to protect him.

Their paths intertwine and diverge, splitting into two stories: Karakuri and Circus, puppets and performers, tears and laughter. The strange circus of living dolls that spreads Zonapha Syndrome, the human puppets known collectively as the Shirogane, and the puppeteers whose undying grudge set in motion both sides of this performance.
Go to Karakuri Circus Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic french scan ? New Window narumi2
  • 2 Replies
Topic Karakuri Circus latest chapter discussion New Window truepurple
  • 2 Replies
Topic Risking defeat and lose of reason for existance for EXTREME pride. New Window truepurple
  • 1 Replies
Topic Has this series been dropped? New Window TomDaloof
  • 2 Replies

359 Comments

I really would like to say that i said something inteligent in the moment of the revalation but all i could say was " Oh fuu..." that was a real plot twist that doll  isnt so careless as i was thinking, again props for the author to a amazing plot.

It's over they said,

Final act they said.

It is like 40 volumes long, clearly we are here to be milked man.

It's over they said,

Final act they said.

Spoiler
Dat plot twist. So unexpected. So interesting.

I did not see that one coming

OMFG! THAT CLIFFHANGER! ;A;

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OMG. I just caught up reading from Ch1. This manga is so fucking good. I WANT MOOOOOAAAAAR! ;A;

Happy New Year and thank you continuing to translate Karakuri Circus Funnuruba!

You know there is a bunch of mangas that use that scene of final showdown where two masters of figthing face each other and in a blink of an eye they move and the figth is over, but friends little are they who could pull such scene rigth, and this in this chapter are one of those who makes rigth, FUJITA Kazuhiro is the master of creating these badass scenes.

Yes! Yes!! YES!!!

That final showdown was fantastic, the mother of all stare downs.

This whole chapter was structured perfectly. Didn't even notice Narumi's one silver eye until now. Can you imagine if we had access to HQ scans? Easily one of my favorite chapters of Karikuri Circus.

And while I hated the Shirogane for dying, I love how Narumi internalized and felt genuine sorrow for the people who laid down their lives for him. ALL WHILE KICKING MAJOR ASS.

I was going through the motions for a while waiting for Narumi to return but it was worth it. Bravo!

Wasn't this series completed in 2006? Why's it taking so long to be translated?

This isn't an official English translation. It's being done by a fan who graciously takes time out of their life to share it with us. All without getting paid. 

There's no rush, man. The series isn't going anywhere!
I, for one, am grateful that we've been getting regular releases from a dedicated scanlator for nearly two years.
As opposed to, say, a massive rush of releases (which is great) but then a three-year gap.

You know there is a bunch of mangas that use that scene of final showdown where two masters of figthing face each other and in a blink of an eye they move and the figth is over, but friends little are they who could pull such scene rigth, and the one in this chapter are one of those who makes rigth, FUJITA Kazuhiro is the master of creating these badass scenes.

47 chapter for final arc and still going... such particularity in classic manga :D

It's at roughly the halfway point I believe.

47 chapter for final arc and still going... such particularity in classic manga :D

Goes to show there's nothing wrong with a grown man playing with dolls.

Narumi: Reboot completed. Murder.EXE fully online.

Spoiler

Murder.Exe fully operational, calculating badassery levels.

To badass to calculate

System craching, reboot reboot rebo... system failed.

Now he is SSGSSJS (Super Saiyan God Super SaiyaJin Silver)

All we need now is someone lasering him

Cool skating Narumi. Rockenfield must've pumped him full of Dahl blood and Mountain Dew.

When did we start the Air Gear crossover?

Ming-Xia: Oh, for God Sake Narumi! Throw a f**king punch!

Narumi: Reboot completed. Murder.EXE fully online.

T1000 now online.

He's old, but not obsolete. 

T1000 now online.

George, you gotta stop losing. Use a puppet or get a upgrade cause that rollerball ain't workin' bro.

The Shirogane-o are pretty much trash compared to the normal ones 

George, you gotta stop losing. Use a puppet or get a upgrade cause that rollerball ain't workin' bro.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics