Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (3.57 - 84votes)

Coiling Dragon

Alt Names: alt Bàn Longalt Crouching Dragonalt 盘龙alt Panlong
Author: I Eat Tomatoes
Artist: Tong Yi Ming
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyFantasy FantasyMartial Arts Martial ArtsShounen ShounenWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manhua (Chinese)
Description: Linley is a young noble of a declining, once-powerful clan which once dominated the world. He has large aspirations and wants to save his clan. Linley's journey begins with an accident when he discovers a ring. He took a liking to this ring, which had a dragon carved coiling around it. Upon being injured during a battle between two powerful fighters he discovers that his ring is not what he thought it was and possesses powers beyond his imagination.

Original Webcomic: http://www.u17.com/comic/64615.html
http://ac.qq.com/Comic/comicInfo/id/510331
Go to Coiling Dragon Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Differences between LN and Manhua New Window darkdoepie
  • 4 Replies

120 Comments

Wow, does this suck. For some reason manhuas adaptation love to butcher the original material for no real reason at all. First Combat Continent (Douluo Dalu), now this. Zhan Long i've read the novel but haven't tried the manhua, and seeing the reactions i'm not planning to.

If memory serves well, it's the only stupid name in the novel. But yeah, it's kinda...

Soul Land is actually pretty good

Oh god ... This manhua is really bad ... And the translation is bad too x__x

I mean, Ren translated hundreds of coiling dragon chapters.

So ... Why would you use the Chinese version of the names ? I mean, Ren explained why it shouldn't be that way (Q.12 in the FAQ).

I dunno, why would you try to translate a bad manhua like that if you are not a fan of the novel ? And how can you translate ... This ... If you are a fan of the novel ?

I mean, the Velocidragon (at least they kept Ren's translation on this) is supposed to be gigantic and scary. I'm pretty sure that Bebe (or will it be Bei Bei ? MTL-ed names striking back) will be scarier in his first apparence.

TLDR; all hail God of War Aobulaien !

It's best to consider this as something very loosely based on or rather "inspired" by the original Coiling Dragon. 

They usually butcher stuff like this to make it more shounen-esque and kid-friendly because that's the audience they're aiming for with this adaptation. 

The novel is aimed for young adults and this is aimed for children. Take it or leave it, personally I'd recommend you read the novels, 17 books are translated and up for reading.

why is it soooooo tiny ?

I’m just going to view this manhua as a parody of the light novel....

Wow, does this suck. For some reason manhuas adaptation love to butcher the original material for no real reason at all. First Combat Continent (Douluo Dalu), now this. Zhan Long i've read the novel but haven't tried the manhua, and seeing the reactions i'm not planning to.

Velocidragon... LMAO!

If memory serves well, it's the only stupid name in the novel. But yeah, it's kinda...

OMG I want to cry....

... So do I laugh or cry?

Laugh at the attempt, cry that it will be the only one.

Grandpa Doering, I sincerly apologise that the manhua team not only turned you into a woman, but also turned you into an idiot woman. Please, when you transcend barriers and destroy china, don't kill IET. You are one of my favorite characters.

... So do I laugh or cry?

FUN FACT 1: In the LN, Linley is more responsible because of his family's situation.

FUN FACT 2: In the LN, the other dragonblood warriors did not practice sculpting since there were only 5 dragonblood warriors before Linley and Wharton. And they didn't practice to increase their mageforce because they were warriors. The sculpture that was sold was probably done by an ancestor who isn't a dragonblood warrior.

FUN FACT 3: In LN, the Velocidragon is in 7th rank.

FUN FACT 4: Chinese are good in butchering LNs when making a manhua adaptation. I don't care if they have the original author's consent. All manhua adaptations I have seen as of now suck.

Xian Ni actually seems pretty decent

Other than that, yeah, they suck horribly

Although I loved the novel immensely to begin with and have always thought to myself ,after reading the comments, that its impossible to ruin this masterpiece, this manhua has proven me wrong...

Spoiler

The novel targets 18+ this comic targets 10-

To bad it wasn't done by the artist whom created this image of the Coiling Dragon characters Linley, Bebe, & Haru.

Spoiler

Heavenly pebble 

Velocidragon... LMAO!

FUN FACT 1: Linley is actually a dense tard untill later on.

FUN FACT 2: Other Dragonblood Warriors were also Sculptors, since it increases MageForce (his father did aswell, except he wasn't a DBW).

FUN FACT 3: The translations are a bit off indeed, pretty sure the dragon was of the 8th rank, not 7th.

FUN FACT 1: In the LN, Linley is more responsible because of his family's situation.

FUN FACT 2: In the LN, the other dragonblood warriors did not practice sculpting since there were only 5 dragonblood warriors before Linley and Wharton. And they didn't practice to increase their mageforce because they were warriors. The sculpture that was sold was probably done by an ancestor who isn't a dragonblood warrior.

FUN FACT 3: In LN, the Velocidragon is in 7th rank.

FUN FACT 4: Chinese are good in butchering LNs when making a manhua adaptation. I don't care if they have the original author's consent. All manhua adaptations I have seen as of now suck.

FUN FACT 3: Really? because the novel says 7: [/size]http://puu.sh/hkx6U/658ce63fd5.png

*spoilers* In his defence, there was one 8th rank Velocidragon he encounters in the valley, although from what I remember any magical beast that improves its rank, while significantly stronger than humans or ones of its original rank are far weaker than the beasts that naturally get to that rank. Take for example Bebe when he was, say, 5th rank. Do you honestly think any other fifth rank could possibly fight him?

Although I loved the novel immensely to begin with and have always thought to myself ,after reading the comments, that its impossible to ruin this masterpiece, this manhua has proven me wrong...

1212791333512.jpg_595.jpg

FUN FACT 1: Linley is actually a dense tard untill later on.

FUN FACT 2: Other Dragonblood Warriors were also Sculptors, since it increases MageForce (his father did aswell, except he wasn't a DBW).

FUN FACT 3: The translations are a bit off indeed, pretty sure the dragon was of the 8th rank, not 7th.

Where did you get Fun Fact 2 from. No where does the LN say his clan has other sculptors. Besides, the DBWs focused being warriors, not mages so why would they bother learning sculpting.

Spoiler

Spoiler

1: Not really, he's about as intelligent in the current chapters as he was in the begining of the series, the main difference being that he doesn't act as spoiled and is somewhat less reckless.

2: Only his father studied sculpting, but he sucked at it and, in the entire known history of the Yulan plane, only Dohering Cowart ever used sculpting to emprove Spiritual Power (not mageforce).

3: It was a 7th rank dragon. I am absolutely certain. Check Volume 8, Chapter 1 if you don't believe me

Is it just me, or is this fight significantly lamer than the one in the LN? Particularly in terms of the Velicidragon's combat abilities and the mage's combat tactics.

in page 14....JUVIA WHY ARE YOU HERE!? AREN'T YOU SUPPOSED TO BE CHASING AFTER GREY!?

I've not gotten around to reading the LN yet, so the manga's okay but not great for me so far. It will be interesting to come back later after reading the LN and see how much I hate this suddenly.

Well, I've caught up to the latest translated chapter of the LN; enjoyed it immensely and it's possibly my favourite right now.

Just re-read the manhua now, there isn't enough yet to say conclusively but I can definitely see it giving me cancer.

Shitty adaption. Different story. MC attitude also different. What a waste.

I've always thought that people really exaggerate when they say that the manhua has nothing to do with the novel(often they are just trying to show off that they've read the novel), but damn this literally feels like a different story. Read just the first chapter and there are so many different things that if they change for example a little the ranking system or the type of warriors this will literally be a different story lol.

Nonetheless this will definitely be a great read. I guess all the changes are meant, so that the manhua will be more appealing, cause c'mon guys... who doesn't prefer if the lead has a harem rather than a bunch of dudes with him :P

It's pretty okay but not okay enough for me to go read the novel.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics