Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 84votes)

Karakuri Circus

Alt Names: alt からくりサーカスalt 傀儡马戏团alt Gánh Xiếc Quái Dịalt Le Cirque de Karakuri
Author: Fujita Kazuhiro
Artist: Fujita Kazuhiro
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaFantasy FantasyPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceShounen ShounenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Katou Narumi (19) suffers from Zonapha Syndrome, a rare ailment that stops his breathing unless he makes people laugh. He's been forced to abandon his training in Chinese kenpo and return to Japan, where he now works as a clown. The only problem: he's not very funny.

One day he meets Saiga Masaru (11), the recent inheritor of a huge fortune, who gives him the first laugh he's gotten all day. When he realizes Masaru is being pursued by assassins, he steps in to protect the boy, only to discover that instead of conventional weapons, the assassins wield huge, eerie puppets. They soon encounter the mysterious Shirogane (age unknown), who controls a puppet of her own, and claims she was sent from France by Masaru's late grandfather to protect him.

Their paths intertwine and diverge, splitting into two stories: Karakuri and Circus, puppets and performers, tears and laughter. The strange circus of living dolls that spreads Zonapha Syndrome, the human puppets known collectively as the Shirogane, and the puppeteers whose undying grudge set in motion both sides of this performance.
Go to Karakuri Circus Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic french scan ? New Window narumi2
  • 2 Replies
Topic Karakuri Circus latest chapter discussion New Window truepurple
  • 2 Replies
Topic Risking defeat and lose of reason for existance for EXTREME pride. New Window truepurple
  • 1 Replies
Topic Has this series been dropped? New Window TomDaloof
  • 2 Replies

359 Comments

)))))))))): What a sad ending to the arc. Thanks for all the great translations thus far, Funnuraba. You're fantastic!

The nano-automata would have probably dissipated the laser or something.

As for the dog, my crack theory: he's probably already boarded the train after assimilating Faceless' body into itself - since I'm almost positive it contains Bai Jin's will (who likely tossed the Soft Stone he made into that one spring the dog was found at, then himself, just like his brother did with that one well).

Those lasers seem too powerful for that, anyway.

Wait, since when did the dog had the power of a body snatcher?

so faceless really died? 

I'm sure Merc Guy and George used the clown train to escape. If so, F.U. for not bothering to bring anyone else along.

I know this is already completed some time ago but this is Tokyo Ghoul level of misery here.

If it were me though, I would have made them all fit in. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ever noticed that

Spoiler

I believe what Francine truly desired, was to laugh from her heart, not just an empty smile/laughter.

And heart is what the automata lack and what Bai Jin (iirc) was seeking to give to Francine. The irony is that the automata want the Aqua Vitae to "become humans" and make Francine laugh, but it's been openly stated that Francine was made with Aqua Vitae as her power source and she can't understand the human heart... so what actually is going on here?

Yeah where is the dog? and why did they had to get rid of the nano-automata if they were going to use lasers anyway?

The nano-automata would have probably dissipated the laser or something.

As for the dog, my crack theory: he's probably already boarded the train after assimilating Faceless' body into itself - since I'm almost positive it contains Bai Jin's will (who likely tossed the Soft Stone he made into that one spring the dog was found at, then himself, just like his brother did with that one well).

So much feels. Q-Q

Wait...where's the L’Oréal dog?

Yeah where is the dog? and why did they had to get rid of the nano-automata if they were going to use lasers anyway?

Wait...where's the L’Oréal dog?

Jeeeeeeeeeeeesus this chapter hit hard.

Everyone: "Thanks Narumi, everything we did wasn't in vain!"

Narumi: "Everything you did was in vain."

No, I believe Francine, not Shirogane/Eleonore, is connected to one of the contenders for the inheritance - most likely to the 'next in line' guy (whoever he is).

Who? that was so long ago...

Ever noticed that

Spoiler

F-gsoF.gif

One of the rare shounens that makes me cry. Those last chapters were intense.

It's over they said,

Final act they said.

It's called an Encore...

This was definitely setting up Part 3.

Reading this chapter made me realize Francine had comedy wrong. All this death and destruction could've been avoided by watching one episode of Chappelle Show.

Dayum! It's like... he got all those upgrades for nothing.

This chapter was impressive to say the least, the intensity in the atmosfere created cant be simple described with words, when the false francine is explaning her "birth" it gave me a sensation like something was crauling beneath my skin, like a bunch of people here i was asking how this manga has 43 volumes if the final battles is already happening, some part of me was a little let down because of all that happened but THIS chapter brought back all that antecipation for mistery that this series has, i already said it many times but i have the obligation to say again, thanks Funnuraba to translating this series.

You saying that the main girl of Narumi's harem is the doll Francine!? makes sense she being the cold woman she is, it will also do for an interesting conflict.

No, I believe Francine, not Shirogane/Eleonore, is connected to one of the contenders for the inheritance - most likely to the 'next in line' guy (whoever he is).

You saying that the main girl of Narumi's harem is the doll Francine!? makes sense she being the cold woman she is, it will also do for an interesting conflict.

nope. At least not a doll. She bleeds.

It's over they said,

Final act they said.

and just forget it I say. This circus just keeps goooooooooooooooooooing ooon. Original release of this had 43 volumes and we are going at 21.

HAHAHA, I KNEW IT! Of course Francine wouldn't be so dumb as to just stand there when all her guardians were getting slaughtered! It was the perfect red herring.

I had a feeling there was no way to tie the rest of the story with the 'Circus' part without involving Masaru's family, and what better way than for the real Francine to have a connection with them? I'm gonna try calling that now.

Here it comes. Oh, yeah! Get her! Get her!!!

------------------

----------------------------

--------------------------------------

Mother of all the f**kers!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHA, I KNEW IT! Of course Francine wouldn't be so dumb as to just stand there when all her guardians were getting slaughtered! It was the perfect red herring.

I had a feeling there was no way to tie the rest of the story with the 'Circus' part without involving Masaru's family, and what better way than for the real Francine to have a connection with them? I'm gonna try calling that now.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics