Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 164votes)

Hinomaru Zumou

Alt Names: alt 火之丸相扑alt 火ノ丸相撲alt Hinomaru Sumoalt Hinomaru Zumōalt Hinomaru-Zumoualt Sumo of the Rising Sunalt Sumo Wrestler Hinomarualt Сумо Хиномару
Author: Kawada
Artist: Kawada
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaMartial Arts Martial ArtsSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: It is a divine ritual, a martial art, a combat sport—it's sumo!!
A "small" new student, Ushio Hinomaru, appears before the weak little sumo club of Oodachi High School! The words "big" and "heavy" are the rules to this sport, which does not fit this newbie any inch, but this guy goes and does what...!?
Ushio and the small sumo club climbs its way to the top!
The goal is *Hinoshita Kaisan!
A fired up high school sumo tale—no retakes allowed!!

*Hinoshita Kaisan - A title for the highest rank in professional sumo, equivalent of Yokozuna.

From Mangahelpers
Go to Hinomaru Zumou Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Hinomaru Zumou (sumo sport) chapter discussion New Window truepurple
  • 3 Replies

603 Comments

Probaly going to win this round, then the wrestler loses, then yuuma wins and the final fight decides all. Thats what i would like to see atleast

Okay he has to win now.  If the author makes the balls-out smart-ass strategy fail now, only massive disappointment.

So, there's a japanese yokozuna now. Think it'll be reflected in the manga in any way?

Mitsuhashi can still win in the finale, I'd have said he is going to win if he were the fourth fight right now, but I don't think it will be him this time. And Mitsuhashi winning needs to be deserved in some way, that much is true. But "weakness" and "being strong" are not like numbers in a videogame, the so often mentioned "spirit" and the enviroment matter as well. I could imagine Mitsuhashi having some sort of ploy that involves getting his opponent to underestimate him and then dropping his opponents loincloth.

And... you do mean Kunisaki when you say "Kusanagi", right? 'cause Kusanagi is Kuze.

Well, the issue I have about Mitsu winning in the final is that he is a weak POS and why would he be finally able to win in the last fight of the biggest tournament in the country, which is reserved for the best of the best.  I understand that they are fighting the so called best right now, but still, I feel it shouldn't be left for the final, because that's hella cheesy IMO.

Meh, I get confused with these names sometimes... I saw someone else say Kusanagi, so I rolled wit that... You got what I meant :).  

I would like to see Yuuma win too, but he's facing a really strong opponent, but we shall see how it goes.  He's lost so much so Idk.  But it's hard because Kunisaki also has to win, and I am really curious how strong the captain of the STrongest team is.  He looks serious.

Well, Mitsuhashi also needs to win, since he was told he would win in the tournament by the "coach," if he followed all of the coach's instructions.  We are left with 2 fights if that is the case, so it's either now, or then.  I am feeling that Kusanigi will win, but at the same time it's possible for both Yuuma and Mitsu to both win, since they have been the ones holding the team back this entire time.

I personally hate when losers all of a sudden win vs a really strong opponent, especially the best school in the country.  I also don't see Kusanagi losing, because he's truly a beast, but the "Captain" of the other team is also probably a beast as well. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Mitsuhashi can still win in the finale, I'd have said he is going to win if he were the fourth fight right now, but I don't think it will be him this time. And Mitsuhashi winning needs to be deserved in some way, that much is true. But "weakness" and "being strong" are not like numbers in a videogame, the so often mentioned "spirit" and the enviroment matter as well. I could imagine Mitsuhashi having some sort of ploy that involves getting his opponent to underestimate him and then dropping his opponents loincloth.

And... you do mean Kunisaki when you say "Kusanagi", right? 'cause Kusanagi is Kuze.

Spoiler

Well, Mitsuhashi also needs to win, since he was told he would win in the tournament by the "coach," if he followed all of the coach's instructions.  We are left with 2 fights if that is the case, so it's either now, or then.  I am feeling that Kusanigi will win, but at the same time it's possible for both Yuuma and Mitsu to both win, since they have been the ones holding the team back this entire time.

I personally hate when losers all of a sudden win vs a really strong opponent, especially the best school in the country.  I also don't see Kusanagi losing, because he's truly a beast, but the "Captain" of the other team is also probably a beast as well. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

thanks for the double chapter!
glad you guys didn't leave us on a cliffhanger :D
damn good stuff!!

Ozeki lost?! Man... that was actually unexpected, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense in the story-telling-department.

He won too often lately and since I think Kunisaki is going to win his match and eat up his second blade, Ozeki had to lose in order for either Yuma or Mitsuhashi to secure the second victory, so Hinomaru and Tennouji can decide it in the finale.

If a am correct in my assumptions, I wonder who between these two is going to win and who is going to lose... Mitsuhashi would be the typical Shonen-win, though he could still do that in the finale against Eigadai High School. Yuma would be less typical for either...

Hmm...

I think Mitsuhashi is going to lose and Yuma is going to win. That way Kunisaki and especially Yuma would have the fate of their team resting on them. Far back in chapter 77 page 21 Onimura said that he'd be sure Yuma would grant the team a victory they'd need. I think that time is now. And for that Mitsuhashi has to lose.

But in the end, I also did not expect Ozeki to lose, so I can very well be wrong again.

Damn, the chibi is paired against the pure sumo type! I kinda expected him to go to third match, tho. your average sonen plot would made him go third, after the first and second match lost, he then pulled a miracle to turn the table. But alas the author decided he goes second, interesting to see where this'll go!

everytime a character became furious, i got goosebump

This is one of the fundamental reasons of why I am so hooked to this manga. 

I think Kuze is gonna win. For that I have two reasons. The first is character experience-wise: Both might not have lost yet, but Kuze knows humility and having others above him, he does not have anything in that field left to learn. Tennouji, for all his preparation and strength, doesn't. I think he will lose, because he lacks that experience.

The other is storytelling-wise. Beating Tennouji is Hinomaru's current goal. Should Tennouji win, than Kuze would be only a stepping stone (if fought before Tennouji) or an after thought (if fought after Tennouji). If however, Kuze wins, Tennouji can still stay as the current target, while keeping Kuze, who has beaten both Hinomaru and Tennouji, as the true final opponent.

But then again, it is a very close matchup and I firmly believe in the author's ability to make anything work.

Spoiler

A champion school that could very well have started out as a "protagonist" school. One where a ragtag team of misfits from all walks of life come together in sumo and take the tournaments by storm. Fast forward of the underdog school and it's a 6 time consecutive champion :'> Now it's Dachi High's turn - a new colorful team. I'm liking it.

Capture6.png

Don't mind if I pick up the phone because zetina called it!
everytime a character became furious, i got goosebump

When the quiet fatso bared his emotion, you know blood will be spilled

As we say in Spanish (and translated by EBR), "Lord, save me from the still waters, since I'll save myself from the furious ones"

When the quiet fatso bared his emotion, you know blood will be spilled

A champion school that could very well have started out as a "protagonist" school. One where a ragtag team of misfits from all walks of life come together in sumo and take the tournaments by storm. Fast forward of the underdog school and it's a 6 time consecutive champion :'> Now it's Dachi High's turn - a new colorful team. I'm liking it.

Capture6.png

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Holy fucking shit! Ozeki outright scared me at the end! Damn.

Christmas has come early. Thanks for that!

Thank you so much for this gift Fallen Angels, you guys are the best!
And speaking of best things, usually calm character getting mad/serious is one of my favorite cliché, Captain seems so fired up!
It's really what I like about Kawada's style, the expression he give to his characters are always great and full of emotions.

Whoa these chapters have been out for long enough that the Kochikame reference only showed up now.

It was a hearty Christmas present to skip the cliff hangers too.

Thank you SO MUCH for the multiple chapters, this was a great early Christmas present!

Wow, using manga title after more than 100 chapters... it reminds me Kohinata Minoru etc...

real, the hype is.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics