Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 222votes)

Piano no Mori

Alt Names: alt วัยกระเตาะ ตึ่งตึงตึ๊งalt ピアノの森 - The perfect world of KAIalt 琴絃森林alt 피아노의 숲alt Piano Forestalt Piano no Mori: The Perfect World of Kaialt Piyano Ormanı: Kai'nun Mükemmel Dünyasıalt 森林中的钢琴师
Author: Isshiki Makoto
Artist: Isshiki Makoto
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaMusic MusicSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A tranquil tale about two boys from very different upbringings. On one hand you have Kai, born as the son of a prostitute, who's been playing the abandoned piano in the forest near his home ever since he was young. And on the other you have Syuhei, practically breast-fed by the piano as the son of a family of prestigious pianists. Yet it is their common bond with the piano that eventually intertwines their paths in life.

Piano no Mori won a Grand Prize from 2008 [12th] Japan Media Arts Festival.
Go to Piano no Mori Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic latest chapter discussion New Window annihilator
  • 8 Replies
Topic What's in the name? New Window Kusunoki
  • 0 Replies

800 Comments

WHOOP! WHOOP! WHOOP! :D 

I've been following this manga for 6 years. Last week's chapter got me teary eyed, but this one made many tears of joy, roll down my face. Awesome

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

-Happy bug dance-

wow! really suspenseful chapters without being over dramatic. great pacing. so  is there an end soon or we continue when kai's balls finally drops?

I-I-I'm n-not c-crying! Y-You're crying! 。・゚ヾ(✦థ ェ థ)ノ。゚・。

i don't deny i'm crying but you are too 

Spoiler

I-I-I'm n-not c-crying! Y-You're crying! 。・゚ヾ(✦థ ェ థ)ノ。゚・。

I WANT THIS SERIES TO BE TURNED INTO A LIVE ACTION JAPANESE DRAMA.

And Koreans would do the musical score, because they do that so much better than Japan does...

At least make it into an anime >_>

It's so dramatic -tear-

Nooo, Joe Hisashi FTW~

You DID it KAI ! OMG I'm crying

Spoiler

So... will they be batching the release at the end? It'd be a nice keeper ;p

Another PSA: Terribly sorry but this week's chapter will have to be delayed again. Please bear with it even though I know it's really frustrating when we're at such an awful cliffhanger right now 'cause you really only have two options:

1. Get a badly translated chapter on time and have the translator die from sleep deprivation, or

2. Get a reasonably well translated chapter late but the translator will at least survive long enough to complete the rest of the series.

I choose option 3: Stuff the translator with Tim Tams until he goes into maximum overdrive. :P

I'll take option 2, though. We survived a week without a chapter, so what's delay at this point anyway? Godspeed, you magnificent bastard.

You'll live, I guess.

Spoiler

Another PSA: Terribly sorry but this week's chapter will have to be delayed again. Please bear with it even though I know it's really frustrating when we're at such an awful cliffhanger right now 'cause you really only have two options:

1. Get a badly translated chapter on time and have the translator die from sleep deprivation, or

2. Get a reasonably well translated chapter late but the translator will at least survive long enough to complete the rest of the series.

argh, the tension was so high when the results were announced, I practically squealed once the names were announced

'Tis bad for my heart, yes.

And thanks for the hard work, Kusunoki, it's very appreciated. PM me your address and I'll send you a shit ton of Tim Tams. Just hit me up, fam ;)

Tim Tams give me strength.

Have to admit, I had to google that one. Also have to admit I really want to try a Tim Tam Slam. *sigh*

You teaser you.

Please the last page be canon, please last page be canon!

you mean the Amamiya blushing over Kai's Ass like that ? xD

I'm amazed you're still alive and breathing.

Tim Tams give me strength.

They'll somehow drag out the next reveal over two chapters I'm sure >.<

I'm thinking three, minimum. Maybe they'll throw in a flashback, just for good measure.

Please the last page be canon, please last page be canon!

It's final week of the semester and I've slept only an average of 2.5 hours per day in the last three days orz

I'm amazed you're still alive and breathing.

We know he'll be top 6 but it's all a matter of where. But this chapter was quite satisfying now that Kai won three best performances so this isn't much of a cliff hanger. One week wait is nothing and thank you EGS for your weekly dedication =)

62YHRS5.png

They'll somehow drag out the next reveal over two chapters I'm sure >.<

Ahhhhhhhh satisfaction... DELAYED! D: Damn that was worth waiting for, tho

Thanks. But EGS actually stands for Efficient Gods of Scanlation so here's this week's chapter.

Now I demand a sacrifice of chocolate truffles, 100 cat plushies, a masseuse, and a holiday in my honour.

If it wouldn't be stalker-y I'd comply with the first demand. And it would be a sacrifice, I <3 them too.

If Amamiya x bathroom princess happens. I don't think i will be satisfy with the ending.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics