Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.64 - 187votes)

Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni!

Alt Names: alt ¡Señorita Shinosaki, a este paso te volveras Otaku!alt 宅女是如何炼成的alt 篠崎さん気をオタしかに!alt Miss Shinozaki, You Might Turn into An Otaku at This Rate!
Author: Hikawa Shou
Artist: Hikawa Shou
Genres: Comedy ComedySchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenShoujo Ai Shoujo AiSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: With her beautiful looks and outgoing personality, Shinozaki Akina used to be the leader of a group of hotties on the top of a class hierarchy. After her high school debut was delayed, however, she finds herself isolated in the class.

Next to Akina sits Sasamura Kaede, an otaku girl who can turn into a bishoujo with her glasses off. Akina decides to get Kaede out of the otaku life and groom her for a perfect high school life, but the only way to get close to Kaede is for Akina to pretend to be a Precure otaku herself to her chargrin...
Go to Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic [SPOILERS] Current Chapter Discussion New Window svines85
  • 1 Replies

416 Comments

well, that was kinda sweet.

"And why it isn't a loli?"

I laughed at this more than I should.

I know right?

*heads to TERA* woot, new class.

"And why it isn't a loli?"

I laughed at this more than I should.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXoNE14U_zM

The Pure Truth can be cruel, Akina. Keep strong!

I feel like Akina would end up catatonic if she ever found out that her brother is Pure Truth.

Akina seems like the type of girl to try cosplay once and hten get really into it.

Thanks Comet Scans! Just found this recently and am now hooked. Shojo ai isn't usually my thing but the writing is funny and the way the characters act and react feels natural. Anyway, thanks for staying on this one.

I actually usually dislike servicey works targeted at otaku and prefer more serious romances (of any gender combination), but this has plenty of charm and the characters have plenty of personality and their own interests. And it's genuinely pretty funny.

O.O. it has shoujo ai genre but the number of follower keep climbing....

I think you're confusing more concrete Yuri romance ( explicit or not ) with Seinen Subtext girl love/friendship type stuff.

Look at at all those girl comedy anime shows, all these target the "Moe Otakus" and this isn't different. Although this manga is more forward than usual and less SoL.

These type of stories are extremely popular in certain seinen publications.

Shoujo-ai != yuri. It's pretty cheesecake, to be honest.

Shoujo-ai just means non-explicit yuri content ( for the west ), it can still be uninteresting if it's a serious non-explicit yuri romance that is less accessible to the general male population.

This is comedy subtext and is aimed towards a male audience.

Sometime genre tags aren't precise enough.

True, I usually hate shoujo ai, yuri, shounen ai and yaoi manga with passion. But this manga is really funny and the art is great too.not to mention the shoujo ai power is mild in the plot, so I can handle it

Wow. Dick.

some stories are great enough that they transcend their genre and appeal to everyone.  take His and Her Circumstances for example:  it may be shoujo, but if you have a heart, you'll love it, whether you like shoujo or not.

True, I usually hate shoujo ai, yuri, shounen ai and yaoi manga with passion. But this manga is really funny and the art is great too.not to mention the shoujo ai power is mild in the plot, so I can handle it

some stories are great enough that they transcend their genre and appeal to everyone.  take His and Her Circumstances for example:  it may be shoujo, but if you have a heart, you'll love it, whether you like shoujo or not.

It's not like Akina is gay, she's just Kaede-sexual.

True, part of the beauty of yuri comes from girls cute enough to cast doubt into the hearts of other girls.

I'm sure it's been left ambiguous so they can play on it later. I remember one chapter Akina wonders about it too after finding out that Kaede reads BL but also loves Yuri.

It's not like Akina is gay, she's just Kaede-sexual.

Didn't notice until after I had placed my monthly order that Vol 3 of Shinozaki-san came out. Guess it will have to wait for next month then =\

Shoujo-ai != yuri. It's pretty cheesecake, to be honest.

Likely because the story is so damned adorable that none of us mind.

The stinginess inside me got irritated when she passed the super rare item, even if it was to hide something.

what hurts me... (large paragraph)

Spoiler

uhm...you know, those figure is gift not for sell (I see a lot of item like that, It's not SUPPER RARE and S-RANK item if you can buy direct).

It hurt my heart when she let her friend give that S-rank figure away. It was legitimately hard for me to watch.

what hurts me... (large paragraph)

Spoiler

It hurt my heart when she let her friend give that S-rank figure away. It was legitimately hard for me to watch.

Something occurred to me. It hasn't been established yet whether Kaede is straight or gay.

I'm sure it's been left ambiguous so they can play on it later. I remember one chapter Akina wonders about it too after finding out that Kaede reads BL but also loves Yuri. 

ch16.

-The last day of summer goes to Konatsu. Hikawa Shou, you clever...

-I kinda want Konatsu's classmates to recognize Akina as a comrade.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics