Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.63 - 195votes)

Bartender

Alt Names: alt バーテンダー
Author: Joh Araki
Artist: Nagatomo Kenji
Genres: Drama DramaPsychological PsychologicalSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The story of the Sasakura Ryu and Eden Hall, a small cocktail bar in the Chiba area of Tokyo, where troubled customers come for the "glass of the gods," which with Ryu's assistance helps them to resolve their often highly emotional problems.

The above is the synopsis of the anime. In the manga, Ryu starts out working in a bar called Lapin.
Go to Bartender Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Bartender: Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Sebastian De Los Angeles
  • 7 Replies
Topic spice up thing a little New Window [email protected]
  • 1 Replies

480 Comments

The first thing I thought of when I saw this title was Dr. Frost. This manga is probably nothing like that manhwa though.

Hm, now that I've read through it, yeah I have to agree that the writing on the coaster was kinda forced.

If he somehow managed to use "god" and "dog" it would have been funny though

XD

ahh. reading this gives me really cozy feelings.

i want to meet a bartender like this guy someday.

:'3

I really want this to get to a point where I can add a romance tag. TT^TT

It has been nearly 4 years since the start of this series IN SERIES. And nothing. Nada. Come on Ryuu. T^T

When I think about it..... who else thinks that this manga should be the pre-requisite reading for all those who's gonna enter the service and hospitality business?

Hmmm . . . must say I thought it was a bit clumsily delivered this time (in ch 106).  I kind of get the message, but I didn't think the bar guy got it across well enough to have an impact on the customer.  Just seemed a bit forced.

It's impressive though that I've hardly ever really felt that way in over 100 chapters.

CLIFF hanger

That caught me off guard...

.. I'm on the edge of my seat..

I think what I love most about this manga, and this is very apparent in the latest chapter, is that it's all real.  Sasakura is a very kind person and very skilled, but he has room to improve.  He has flaws, as does everyone else.  People have problems that anyone could face at any time.  Simply put, this manga is beautiful.

Really nice chapter.  Should have been called "The Last Hurrah," after the old movie of he same name.  Thanks, City Shrimp, and thanks to Joh Araki for a really well done chapter.

I wonder if it's raining, my cheeks feel wet TT^TT

Yeah, I got tears in my eyes after reading ch103, but is that the end of it? o_O

Such a sad chapter. RIP master Yoda

ps: That kid really can't read the mood at all >_>

Ahhh, he did okay this time.

Damn you, Onion chopping Ninja.

It's too early in the morning for all of these feels Q_Q

Such a sad chapter. RIP master Yoda

ps: That kid really can't read the mood at all >_>

such a sad chapter =(. at least they got to witness him pour his last drinks.

SO MUCH FEELS
D:
SASAKURAAAAAA

He should have a lady by his side at these times instead of his apprentice......

This isn't that kind of manga.  There's a small chance that yeah, he could meet a love-interest, but this manga isn't about him.  It's about the customers he serves and their lives.

He should have a lady by his side at these times instead of his apprentice......

That chapter...

Feelcopter-Inbound-random-31200196-300-1

wait, what? are u sure we're not missing a chapter? o_O

A great double thumbs up to the manager! HURRAH GOOD GUY MANAGERS!!

I actually clapped at the end. Bravo.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics