Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.58 - 339votes)

Lasboss x Hero

Alt Names: alt ラスボスxヒーローalt Las Boss x Heroalt LASBOSS×HERO
Author: Kuzushiro
Artist: Kuzushiro
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyMystery MysteryRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Sagara Masamune is a manga author who isn't very successful, and it's looking like it's time to end his battle manga. To go for an unexpected ending, he plans to kill off the main heroine, Nina, in a dramatic way. As he works on his manga, he is mysteriously sucked into the pages. Now he's trapped in the world of his own creation, with his protagonists, exorcists Haru and Nina. He doesn't really get what's happening, but he thinks concluding the manga, which involves orchestrating Nina's death, might get him back home.
Go to Lasboss x Hero Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Current Chapter Discussion New Window Haiyami
  • 6 Replies

575 Comments

X character that always knows whats going on/going to happen, but never voices (or thought bubbles) their knowledge. No matter what the author does in the story, X character is always prepared for it or what happens is always according to X character's plan. As long as an author sticks to this, the author can never "outsmart" X character because X character's thoughts/ideas/goals are never defined.

That kind of character is boring...

I think the mangaka will have to play the demon lord role.

His half-baked setup in the story is even fitting the idea of the bad guy infiltrating the heroes.

Trying to understand your theory, but for the time being I can't bring my self to digest the idea. Gimme an example, if you will, please.

X character that always knows whats going on/going to happen, but never voices (or thought bubbles) their knowledge. No matter what the author does in the story, X character is always prepared for it or what happens is always according to X character's plan. As long as an author sticks to this, the author can never "outsmart" X character because X character's thoughts/ideas/goals are never defined.

Not really. Characters can be smarter than the mangaka, the problem is that audiences have an overwhelming tendency to simply bitch about said characters as simple deux ex machina and/or milking/prolonging the series/story.

It is true, however. Unless the author brings in someone smarter than them to get a better idea what his characters would do in a given situation, his characters will have the maximum limit of his intelligence, and usually not even that, because a part of your focus is on different things, when creating/using characters.

So, as I said, unless there is external help, an unsentient creation will never overtake their creator in intelligence.

EDIT: Also, from the title, I'm guessing, that Nina's the Demon Lord//Queen, and that she will oh-so cliché, fall for ONE of our main protagonists. Chances are, it will be for the mangaka, and I'm wondering what will happen then.

Anyways, this is going from the title, Las(t)boss x hero. Las MIGHT (capital there, indicating, that this is just a possibility) try meaning lass, which refers to girls mostly (or younger women when it's not the mostly encountered scenario).

The fact, that there's the mighty 'x' between might be signalling a relationship, which means, that one of the heros will be romantically involved with said boss. With the mangaka entering the picture, it could be either him, or the story's original hero.

Well, with that, there can be only three conclusions.

1 - My theory is utterly wrong, and the mangaka will end up 'dating' the story's original male lead, and one of them is the DL

2 - Nina is the DL, and will be involved with one of the aforementioned heros

3 - The last boss will be a new character

I'm honestly hoping, that it will be 2, and I'd prefer 1 over 3... Simply because I'd love to see some daredevil originality out of the medium.

EDITCEPTION:

There's actually a fourth option, which is the story's original male lead being the demon lord, and ending up with Nina and/or the author...

But well... there is a reason why it only made it in the editception...

Anyways, apparently, the main hero seems to be less trusting and idiotic, than the rest.

Not really. Characters can be smarter than the mangaka, the problem is that audiences have an overwhelming tendency to simply bitch about said characters as simple deux ex machina and/or milking/prolonging the series/story.

Trying to understand your theory, but for the time being I can't bring my self to digest the idea. Gimme an example, if you will, please.

"the character can't be smarter than the mangaka."

wow that's a harsh reality =_=

You just know that it's setting it up so that Sagara is the demon QUEEN and Nina is his tsundere lover.

I though the same...

If Kubo Tite ever went inside his own work, I have a feeling that it would be identical to the scenarios in this manga.

i don't think he is able to control his manga from inside at least for now o.o

Maybe, you know how they refer the mangaka, they call them GOD. So, I guess he is the so called GOD :P!?!

I have a question...

If he is able to control his manga using his pin and paper, why doesn't he create a situation where he can return to his world?

i don't think he is able to control his manga from inside at least for now o.o

I have a question...

If he is able to control his manga using his pin and paper, why doesn't he create a situation where he can return to his world?

Spoiler

Oops.

Enemies that can't read the mood and attack you while you monologue just suck.

Also don't you just hate it when the last boss doesn't exist? XD

By the way, what is a "meta" manga? If it's a manga that breaks the 4th wall, can someone recommend me a few other great manga links on batoto of such manga? (i read about the "manga creator series" but i couldn't find it on batoto, is it translated yet?)

Definitely Bakuman is a good start. Hoero Pen or Moeyo Pen (Burning Pen: http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/burning-pen-r1504 ) are also great. 

By the way, what is a "meta" manga? If it's a manga that breaks the 4th wall, can someone recommend me a few other great manga links on batoto of such manga? (i read about the "manga creator series" but i couldn't find it on batoto, is it translated yet?)

You just know that it's setting it up so that Sagara is the demon queen and Nina is his tsundere lover.

Or he does in fact kill her.

Or (TWIST!!!) Haru is actually responsible for the mangaka going to that world and is the demon lord.

Or Kagami (Kagaki? Ka-something). That character has to have a larger role.

i have a feeling that this manga is actually from the mangaka's personal experience (except the "get into his own manga" part)

i really hoped he would use pen and notebook to uhm powerup himself but well, fuck no >.< another avarage MC coz not so many we can see these days...

isn't he just making a murder plot on how to kill nina!!?? Lol :P

Kind of interesting... the parts with the editor make me cringe(I hate seeing any kind of corporate environment like that) but the meta-nature that actually takes note of real tropes is pretty interesting. (Occasionally I see manga or whatever try to be "meta" and then just spew bullshit, which is seriously indicative of the author being a massive hack... but I digress.)

Surprisingly nice.

Indeed.

Surprisingly nice.

Just read chapter 1. When he mentioned stressing the readers, Seishun Pop comes to my mind... Damn that manga.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics