Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 301votes)

Holyland

Alt Names: alt ホーリーランドalt Holy Landalt هولي لاندalt 捍卫圣域alt الأرض المقدسة
Author: Mori Kouji
Artist: Mori Kouji
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaMartial Arts Martial ArtsPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Yuu is a high school kid who doesn't really fit anywhere. To find a place he can belong, be accepted, he will do anything. However one thing leads to another and he is forced to fight to keep his place, his holyland.
Go to Holyland Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Holyland Getting A Movie New Window Horizon
  • 11 Replies
Topic Holyland Completed New Window Horizon
  • 17 Replies
Topic Holyland New Window Allanon
  • 8 Replies

158 Comments

That bastard mangaka... Making me believe that... Bastard... *chuckles*

Anyway good manga. Good ending. Gotta hand it to the author for being able to write such a good piece.

Could people maybe start using spoiler tags when saying spoilers, eh? I mean many of you guys are putting spoilers that are damn near like saying 'who dunnit' in a mystery novel. Please stop. Let the people new to this manga reach the trollish ending and get a nice chuckle out of it, eh?

YEAH! EPIC READ! EPIC ENDING! EPIC STUFF EVERYWHERE IN THIS MANGA!!

this is amazing, I highly recommend it to people who haven't read this yet.

ugh (pretending to voice in a really manly* voice) stupid me, tch!
Soooo just re-read, and am I the ONLY one who thinks that Yuu is gay / bisexual? He is totally into Izawa, like not just 'oh I look up to you, and respect you for being cool and awesome' (pretending to voice in a really voice) it's more like 'Oh Izawa-kuuuun your so cool, and kick-ass! won't you come have fun with me on the streets!' (voiced by really girly girly voice). That's my opinion at least, Yuu's totally in to Izawa, it's not just that he has no friends, he's kinda creepy, and I aaam being a little biased on his build / appearance, just a little, but mostly my interpretation comes from his actions / attitude.
I've read this about 3 times now. Its been a few months now though, about time to start again.
well..At least I get to feel some.. Romance in this manga... though...it was... pushed aside. :">
anyway... I almost thought He DIED!.. ..... buh.. ths manga is making me...doki-doki... >.<
I also want a LOYAL FRIEND like Shinc-chan. :D
and a LOVER LIKE IZAWA MAI -CHAN. ♥♥♥♥~~~!!!

This manga is certainly one of the very best manga have I read so far. The action combined with the intriguing story just flows in such a nice way which is enhanced by the technical explanation which gives you this feeling of understanding the character even during the training and the fights, normally I would be utterly unable to understand the fighting in itself and its moves. This manga is truly a masterpiece!
This manga is definitely one of the best I've read 'till now.
Hm Veritas is also a good martial arts manga, along with breaker, breaker new waves, and the god of high school.
One of my favorite mangas of all time.

The happy ending helped.
As a martial artist, all i can say is M-A-ZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of the best series I've ever read!!
Amazing story with amazing characters!
@163: wow, I've watched him get fucked up pretty bad, but wow.. .sad. Like, pathetic, sad, just sad... It's not like they have cameras or anything, KILL THEM ALL. If they're gonig to mess with her, avenge her (not like you can stop them if they do anyways...), if they're not then GO SAVE HER. What the fuck is this bullshit?
This is the only manga I've read where the narrator is the author himself, and even talking to the reader. Lol.
Holyland has been my top fav series for years. For those curious about whether the artists practices any martial art, he does. I remember watching a documentary about him years ago on nhk world tv which is what led me to find this manga online. He was also (very!) built so I think he works out quite regularly and probably still does now XD Yuu Kamishiro is kind of like his alter ego, the author has been through the same experiences as Yuu has and I remember him empathizing alot in the documentary about how practicing boxing helped build up his confidence!

Which is why he created Yuu to sort of tell others about what he's experienced in life :) Also the reason why he was chosen to be interviewed was because of the unique way he drew the characters at the time. He started from the body then sort of draws the head last, he doesn't actually use basic shapes like most artists do. I have no idea if he still does that now, it did look very cool at the time. From what I remember he was a good sketcher. But that explains why their heads looks a bit big sometimes... XD

This is my all time favourite series, from the very first moment I saw it on Tv I knew this manga was going to be a great read. I totally regret not recording the doc now, I may never ever get the chance to see it again. I can't find it online either to back up what I'm saying so you will have to take my word for it :/
I've never felt so inpsired in my life, I dont practice any martial arts, but being able to travel with Yuu as he matured in'to the amazing character he is now, is like a blessing to me. Thanks so much for scanlating this ;_;
A very good ending!

Spoiler
Very good.
This series is a masterpiece. I try to find words to describe how moving this series is, but I am at loss. One of my favorite aspects of the series is the deep explanation of technical use and biomechanics of different styles of martial arts and how they correlate in street fights. This fact, in my opinion, makes "Holyland" a much more enjoyable than other martial arts series such as "Tough", or "All-Rounder Megeru". It seems that Mori Kouiji really took the time to do his research, and is possibly a martial artist himself ( I personally cannot find a lot of information on Mori-sensei). I would like to take the time to express my thanks to Illuminati Scans for making the English translation of this series possible. The work and time that you put into bringing "Holyland" to its many fans is much appreciated.
I love this kinda of manga but more just goes on in my head like after the last chapter what will he do next in his daily life it makes me so depressed but i soon forget about :( and i soon remember :P
Now that I'm back here. I remember finishing this. It's such a great manga.
Anyone who likes action with a meaningful story behind it should definitely read this.
It's really great. Please enjoy.
^L^
One of those manga where you get depressed that it's over.

Posted Image
Another reason he's not dead is because mai was waiting there for yuu. If he was dead (and a ghost), then mai would have went to masaki's match.
Wow, just finished the last few chapters and it was quite a treat. The ending was done quite well and I thought was executed very well. Good stuff.
;] amazing, can't wait to see any more works he has in store
;] amazing, can't wait to see any more works he has in store

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics