Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.1 - 286votes)

DEAD Tube

Alt Names: alt 学園殺人ゲーム Dead Tubealt 学院里的杀人游戏alt デッドチューブ
Author: Yamaguchi Mikoto
Artist: Kitakawa Touta
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaEcchi EcchiHorror HorrorPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSmut SmutTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Distributing thrilling videos in secret!! A school game that puts life and death on the line!!
Go to DEAD Tube Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Where is the appeal? New Window avarake
  • 8 Replies
Topic [Spoilers] Chance Mashiya and Mashiro and brother/sister New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 2 Replies
Topic Mashiro and Machiya's Relationship **Contains Spoilers** New Window HardBoiled
  • 3 Replies

708 Comments

well there's that route where they take on the whole website and the other users for targeting his sister? it's all still bs though. filming shit while a girl takes revenge for you lol. he's even being bossy about it.

so, people are literally killing each other and the thing u find 'BS' is his filming? What have u been reading for 32 chapters? He is clearly crazy and been proven multiple times

Still doesn't make sense how nobody be it parents/relatives/friends/whatevah cares about school or rather all the students and teachers. While previous arcs were believable to certain extent this one is so out of reality that it lost that charm which previous arcs possessed.

I think at this point we're just supposed to assume that DEAD Tube is run by the government or something even above that.

I think a big issue with this arc is it's heavily focused on fighting, when the previous arcs were more of a twisted mystery series this arc has just devolved into a pretty mediocre battle series.  It's like how the Danganronpa 3 anime Future arc was mostly fighting even though the series is a mystery series.  

The reason why there is a 3 day gap that Machiya is unaware of is because teach drugged the cake that Machiya ate. Remember the teacher visited his house just before he got home and left them a cake gift. Machiya was out for 3 days because of that where as for his sister and everyone else, time moved forward. That very next day, Kana got involved in the whole school-wide Dead tube event. When Machiya woke up he was starving (he hadn't eaten for 3 days) and had himself a nice serving of papa. 

Still doesn't make sense how nobody be it parents/relatives/friends/whatevah cares about school or rather all the students and teachers. While previous arcs were believable to certain extent this one is so out of reality that it lost that charm which previous arcs possessed.

It just doesn't make sense to me how this arc even happened....  IT seemed as if Kana was missing for days (3 if I remember correctly), which is odd that Machiya wouldn't know his sister was missing, or the incident with his dad sooner..... (Maybe there is a reason, but there didn't seem to be).It's just... How does the entire school turn into a warzone, where all of the teachers were killed, and only the children are alive, killing each other?  IT just doesn't make much sense....

The reason why there is a 3 day gap that Machiya is unaware of is because teach drugged the cake that Machiya ate. Remember the teacher visited his house just before he got home and left them a cake gift. Machiya was out for 3 days because of that where as for his sister and everyone else, time moved forward. That very next day, Kana got involved in the whole school-wide Dead tube event. When Machiya woke up he was starving (he hadn't eaten for 3 days) and had himself a nice serving of papa. 

Yeah... this arc, not only has the genre shifted to gritty battle manga (it went from a psychological horror smut drama to something more akin to Gantz or maybe more like Berserk), but even the pacing has become as bad as a battle manga's....

Really hoping they go back to Other Things after this arc.

Because let's be honest: at this rate, the next arc will be a fucking tournament. A "film the most interesting movie in a single-elimination team setting" tournament as a cover for a fighting tournament. The side who wins the fight makes the most interesting film by default! As Machiya would say: that's boring. Hopelessly boring. Unfortunately this arc the author seems to have lost track of their own aesthetics.

The best cameramen and actors will face off in a battle of epic proportions on an abandoned island to the far north, to decide on the true deadtube champions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the issue is that Mai was really the only "Pro DeadTuber" we have seen so far, while the introduction of these new "pros" is something we haven't seen yet, which can confuse some readers.

This whole arc seems odd for a lot of us, but I have a feeling it will make sense when we look at the bigger picture, and ultimately allow for Machiya and Mai's relationship to grow ever deeper, since now all they have is each other.

It's hard to know for sure what will happen next though, because Machiya really hasn't liked Mai throughout the series, and thinks she is creepy/scary.  It annoyed me greatly that Machiya wasn't falling at all for Mai, and he even ended up losing his viginity to  the blonde chick, and not Mai.  

IT just sucks that Machiya had to lose his entire family, and the foreshadowing was there that it would happen sadly. Granted, we didn't really know his family much, so it's not a "huge loss" to the readers. I wonder if Kana's boyfriend is going to live somehow and join Machiya in tow.

It just doesn't make sense to me how this arc even happened....  IT seemed as if Kana was missing for days (3 if I remember correctly), which is odd that Machiya wouldn't know his sister was missing, or the incident with his dad sooner..... (Maybe there is a reason, but there didn't seem to be).It's just... How does the entire school turn into a warzone, where all of the teachers were killed, and only the children are alive, killing each other?  IT just doesn't make much sense....

I really loved the start of Dead Tube, sad the last few arcs have been meh, but I still believe there's a bigger picture to it all.  Sadly, there are a lot of stories that start out absolutely amazing, but then turn to crap after a few arcs....  Not sure why authors don't keep to the same track... Maybe critics keep telling the authors to change things, and it ends up going so far off track from the original that most people ended up loving, to something that we all hate.

What the hell are these people made of? MMA pros couldn't do this crap.

It's like it changed from exploitation movie to a fight manga. This is terrible, yet I want to see the ending.

It's like BLEACH, I want to see how bad it can get before they axed it.

Yeah... this arc, not only has the genre shifted to gritty battle manga (it went from a psychological horror smut drama to something more akin to Gantz or maybe more like Berserk), but even the pacing has become as bad as a battle manga's....

Really hoping they go back to Other Things after this arc.

Because let's be honest: at this rate, the next arc will be a fucking tournament. A "film the most interesting movie in a single-elimination team setting" tournament as a cover for a fighting tournament. The side who wins the fight makes the most interesting film by default! As Machiya would say: that's boring. Hopelessly boring. Unfortunately this arc the author seems to have lost track of their own aesthetics.

Well Machiya is the "Cameraman," but has also taken up the role of "Director" in a few instances.  He decides what to film, but now he is also controlling how the scenes/acts play out.

Mai is the star who performs, and now listens to Machiya.  She always did things on her own pretty much, but when Machiya needs her, Mashiro will be there to protect him.

.  Yeah, Machiya cannot get revenge with his strength alone, but with Mai he can create a masterpiece of revenge that he can watch over and over again.

It's not Deadtube that caused the death of his family, but this new guy who is a huge fan of Machiya, who thought it would be okay to film his family's death.  I'm not sure if you're guessing about them going to take on "All of deadtube" or if that's supposed to be a spoiler???

i'm not really questioning the story setup. i just call it as i see it. MC is lame. that guy became a fan of machiya because of? yes. deadtube. a loss like that can change the way you think, even broaden the scope of your hate. before it was just an avenue for his twisted artistry, but yea you don't know. he might see it as the evil that lead to his sister's death since it was deadtubers who made her suffer and killed her. 

What the hell are these people made of? MMA pros couldn't do this crap.

It's like it changed from exploitation movie to a fight manga. This is terrible, yet I want to see the ending.

It's like BLEACH, I want to see how bad it can get before they axed it.

It's interesting how this is the event that triggers Mai and Machiya's true power/forms.  Lets hope for some good sex afterwards to appease their bloodlust.

well there's that route where they take on the whole website and the other users for targeting his sister? it's all still bs though. filming shit while a girl takes revenge for you lol. he's even being bossy about it.

Well Machiya is the "Cameraman," but has also taken up the role of "Director" in a few instances.  He decides what to film, but now he is also controlling how the scenes/acts play out.

Mai is the star who performs, and now listens to Machiya.  She always did things on her own pretty much, but when Machiya needs her, Mashiro will be there to protect him.

.  Yeah, Machiya cannot get revenge with his strength alone, but with Mai he can create a masterpiece of revenge that he can watch over and over again.

It's not Deadtube that caused the death of his family, but this new guy who is a huge fan of Machiya, who thought it would be okay to film his family's death.  I'm not sure if you're guessing about them going to take on "All of deadtube" or if that's supposed to be a spoiler???

why didn't she shoot for the head? lmaoo

Probably because she wanted to challenge mai, plus, you know how it is with manga/anime always leaving people alive when they could have been killed 100x over.

Well, all bets are off now. Since Kana who was arguably Machiya's last emotional limiter is gone, I honestly cannot see this series lasting more than 1 more arc before it wraps up nice...I mean, cleans up everything (Can't really use 'nicely' in a sense).

I guess this is for the best; the author made his point and unless he plans on a new direction I rather it end like this then being pointlessly dragged on.

getting shot is, like, no big deal, man ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm more puzzled by how small that gun is, considering it looks like a Desert Eagle. Custom-made nerf gun for weirdos? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

getting shot is, like, no big deal, man ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

why didn't she shoot for the head? lmaoo

Damn it, now you're just teasing us when we're only on Chapter 31. ,_,

I'm pretty sure he meant 31, ive looked everywhere and the raws for 32 only came out on the 19th of April.

Chapter 41 is brutal.

Damn it, now you're just teasing us when we're only on Chapter 31. ,_,

Chapter 41 is brutal.

Well, all bets are off now. Since Kana who was arguably Machiya's last emotional limiter is gone, I honestly cannot see this series lasting more than 1 more arc before it wraps up nice...I mean, cleans up everything (Can't really use 'nicely' in a sense).

I guess this is for the best; the author made his point and unless he plans on a new direction I rather it end like this then being pointlessly dragged on.

Welcome to seinens

It's shounen though. If it's seinen it will handle the plot in more realistic way compared to the over-the-top path this series is taking.

So Machiya couldn't have called on Mai 10 seconds sooner...?  Bad scene setup imo.

As much as I thought this manga was amazing at first, it has gone down hill quite a bit.

I notice a lot of manga are like this.  Start out extremely strong, then somehow flop hard after an arc, 2, or so....

So much potential in so many manga, so much floppage in the end.

Welcome to seinens

Intresting. I like how he got break.

...I feel nothing, maybe I'm just bad at connecting with these characters, but if they all died and there was a complete reboot with this death tube theme, that would be fine for me (lol). I think Mayisha is the most interesting character because she's cute and unreasonably insane. But that's like, a majority of the cast lol.

Why didn't that parasol girl just shoot them? They already would have had the number one video by then. Someone else would get the lowest views and pay for it. It would be interesting (cool? fun?) if her troupe had their own mini series about their dead tube challenges or if the main series targets were occasionally of a higher caliber...

So Machiya couldn't have called on Mai 10 seconds sooner...?  Bad scene setup imo.

As much as I thought this manga was amazing at first, it has gone down hill quite a bit.

I notice a lot of manga are like this.  Start out extremely strong, then somehow flop hard after an arc, 2, or so....

rather than go down hill, i think the author choose the slow-paced story. It's huge risk huge reward story and i think this manga is nearly at its end, maybe an arc or two more.  

hmm. if i entered a room and suddenly saw someone i knew flopped at a corner with blood trickling from their head, my logic tells me they wont wake up even if i called out. even more so when my focus is clearly on someone else in the same room that's originally my priority and in perilous situation to boot(in this case, kana). also remember that machiya in his normal state, isnt really that attached to mai as he thought she's a little creepy on a normal basis, untrustable even.

it's because machiya snapped this time that he called for mai, against all logic and odds. he's finally down to tango with the devil herself.

Every chapter I read, I lose my humanity. I can only hope I am still human at the end of this trail.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics