Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.69 - 235votes)

World Trigger

Alt Names: alt 境界触发者alt ワールド·トリガー
Author: Ashihara Daisuke
Artist: Ashihara Daisuke
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaMystery MysterySchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A gate to another dimension has burst open, and from it emerge gigantic invincible creatures that threaten all of humanity. Earth's only defense is a mysterious group of warriors who have co-opted the alien technology in order to fight back!

-------------------------
DCMA -- http://pastebin.com/gZ3Tyqwx

-----------------------------------------------------------
>World Trigger Oneshots:

ROOM 303 (2008):
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/room-303-r15093

Trigger Keeper (2009):
Part 1: http://chippokenabokura.tumblr.com/post/116637617988/world-trigger-pilot-trigger-keeper-translation
Part 2: http://chippokenabokura.tumblr.com/post/116715852393/world-trigger-pilot-trigger-keeper-translation

Talented Elite Jin (2011):
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/talented-elite-jin-r15150
Go to World Trigger Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic How do you think they have so many different fields in the Border base? New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 4 Replies
Topic World Trigger Manga Goes on Indefinite Hiatus Due to Author's Poor Health New Window nehnehneji
  • 2 Replies
Topic New Border Trigger to Aftokrator New Window Umadouble12
  • 2 Replies
Topic What do the little eyes represent near Osamu New Window Alucard151
  • 3 Replies
Topic Commander kido and his scar New Window Alucard151
  • 1 Replies
Topic Which is better, manga or anime? New Window truepurple
  • 11 Replies

816 Comments

For some reason, I feel like an idiot for never thinking of something as obvious as this.

Why would you think of something like that? they downright said what they were going to do with Hyuse.

Besides, it's not like they're comparable, Mikumo is a gunner with a spider for support, Hyuse uses the short ranged scorpion.

Luckily the wire zone is still up so Osamu's presence isn't completely gone from the match.

With this im pretty sure hyuse will replace mikumo as combatant, and mikumo's role will be behind monitor as operator

Nah, you can have a team of 4 -- it was even shown in the beginning of this Rank war.

With this im pretty sure hyuse will replace mikumo as combatant, and mikumo's role will be behind monitor as operator

For some reason, I feel like an idiot for never thinking of something as obvious as this.

tbh.. I thought for once the author will make Kuga died instead and with the enemy captain trying to chase after the other team, then Mikumo + Chika will be able to reach wire zone safely.

It will be a nice change where the one who will pull the win isn't Kuga's overpowering strength, it's the other 2 team mates instead. proving that Kuga isn't dragging the whole team around or their success after Hyuse join is because they finally have 2 competent guy (and 2 other dragging the team down)

it won't entirely be an asspull/plot armor because we have seen what Mikumo can do with Chika's trions during the invasion. and inside the wire zone, the 2 of them will have a lot of advantages compared to most of the melee and gunner.

that should make this one an interesting closing for this 3 member team (assuming Hyuse will join the next one)

but well... I still hope Chika will at least score 1 point in this game

i really tought chika whould have shot... not even seeing ossamu getting stabbed in the neck made her overcome the fear of shooting normal bullets!

I feel like eventually they will travel to a neighborhood where they know how to increase trion levels and Osamu will get an upgrade. So at least he has better base strength to add to the experience in fighting he will eventually get.

I was expecting glasses to use the giants hounds :(  (hand in hand with chika to destroy some shit up)

but he got stabbed in the neck (pretty nasty)

A few reasons: Teleportation range is really short and where they'll teleport is always telegraphed, meaning that the enemy will know where they will appear. This will lead to them being ambushed as soon as they appear and will have very little time to defend.

However, I do feel like they should use teleport more often against neighbors who aren't aware of how their weapons work yet.

That's odd, since the wikia said it only relies on sight; not to mention in Chapter 29 Izumi lost the guy, since he teleported behind him, and there are also teleport traps (mentioned in 128 and seen in action at 132), meaning you could technically use teleport w/ chameleon.

With this said, Teleporter should work better then Grasshopper, in a 1vs1 situation or when the other team doesn't expect it. Even then, it'll give you better mobility then Grasshopper, since it's not in a straight line, and it'll only be predictable if you are

I don't really expect Osamu to be able to defeat anybody 1 vs 1 ever unless he acquire some sort of super weapon and that will never happen.

If you expect him to defeat aces 1v1 with pure fighting skill then that won't happen anytime soon. 

He can defeat other characters, but aces are too much for him. 

I don't really expect Osamu to be able to defeat anybody 1 vs 1 ever unless he acquire some sort of super weapon and that will never happen.

=| Osamu still can't do anything 1v1. I know it's all about his character progression and getting stronger, but jeez....it's truly saddening.

I mean, it's pretty understandable. Osamu is clever and all, but even with all the events of the manga so far, pretty much everyone has more experience in fighting. That coupled with the facts that he's trying out new fighting styles left and right and his absurdly low trion level, we're unfortunately not gonna see him 1v1 anyone spectacularly anytime soon. I share your sentiment though. Punching Bag Osamu is getting pretty depressing.

Ouji is a top tier ace, no idea what people were expecting when Osamu couldn't even beat Katori that was lazy as fuck.

Does Kitora need to come to the story and repeat every single chapters so that people don't forget the fact that Osamu won't power up with the Kyubi in a day? Does Kazama need to come back to the story every 5 chapters to tell people that you can still support your team even being defeated? Remember the entire reason why Osamu learned the spider trick? because even if he dies his team has the advantage, Chika and Yuma are in position now and both Ouji and Ikoma units are at disadvantage in the wired area.

But still, it's saddening how he loses just like that. The issue isn't that he is or is not valuable to the team- He is. And due to his lack of ability is that he tried to pull Jin and invited Hyuse to T-2nd.

What is sad, regardless of how valuable, smart and hardworking Osamu is... Is that he's still a weakling as a PvP prowess. 

=| Osamu still can't do anything 1v1. I know it's all about his character progression and getting stronger, but jeez....it's truly saddening.

Ouji is a top tier ace, no idea what people were expecting

Does Kitora need to come to the story and repeat every single chapters so that people don't forget the fact that Osamu won't power up with the Kyubi in a day? Does Kazama need to come back to the story every 5 chapters to tell people that you can still support your team even being defeated? Remember the entire reason why Osamu learned the spider trick? because even if he dies his team has the advantage, Chika and Yuma are in position now and both Ouji and Ikoma units are at disadvantage in the wired area.

Saying that he can't do anything because he lost against a top tier agent in border is unfair, Osamu can definetely fight middle B rank guys but more than that is just him being overpowered for no reason.

A few reasons: Teleportation range is really short and where they'll teleport is always telegraphed, meaning that the enemy will know where they will appear. This will lead to them being ambushed as soon as they appear and will have very little time to defend.

However, I do feel like they should use teleport more often against neighbors who aren't aware of how their weapons work yet.

I don't know if it was mentioned, I don't think that the range per se is low but probably consumes trion proportionally to the distance, or an exponent of it.

Hmm, I've been wondering, how come snipers don't use Teleport? It'd increase the mobility better then grasshopper since it relies on sight, which they'd usually need anyways.

Hmm, I've been wondering, how come snipers don't use Teleport? It'd increase the mobility better then grasshopper since it relies on sight, which they'd usually need anyways.

Teleport is still a prototype I believe.

So...... can't wait till Osamu breaks out some plan and kills someone for once.

You haven't read carefully enough. Osamu killed more than once: Suwa in chapter 91, Rokuro and Yuta in chapter 143

Spoiler

Meteora can be used with Spider Wire to make trip mines.
If there are more specialized traps we haven't seen them yet and they're likely illegal to use in these matches since they'd be experimental weapons (which is the reason why Tamakoma-1 isn't allowed to participate in Rank Wars).

On a side note if ANYONE has access to something like that or better trap combinations it'd be Captain Fuyushima that Toma referenced this chapter. He looks like a good candidate for Osamu to learn from assuming he's willing to teach.
Fuyushima Squad has to be frustrating to fight. A two man squad of only a Sniper and a Trapper. Orz

Thanks for the explanation! Very well made.

I was just thinking that trap are a perfect fit for Osamu.

Meteora can be used with Spider Wire to make trip mines.

If there are more specialized traps we haven't seen them yet and they're likely illegal to use in these matches since they'd be experimental weapons (which is the reason why Tamakoma-1 isn't allowed to participate in Rank Wars).

On a side note if ANYONE has access to something like that or better trap combinations it'd be Captain Fuyushima that Toma referenced this chapter. He looks like a good candidate for Osamu to learn from assuming he's willing to teach.

Fuyushima Squad has to be frustrating to fight. A two man squad of only a Sniper and a Trapper. Orz

Traps aren't illegal since Fuyushima Squad and Kako Squad both have trappers and they're A-Rank, and presumably there are probably team A-Rank wars just like B-Rank. There are prototype triggers available but Tamakoma's experimental triggers are different because they were engineered privately using neighbor technology. The prototypes the higher rank Border agents use are still based off Border triggers, according to BBF For example, it's interesting that Ouji pointed out this chapter that you need two trigger slots used to attack with Lead Bullet, so you can't defend. But in the Invasion vs Hyrein, Miwa used Shield with Lead Bullet in his pistol, and BBF said that his Lead Bullet trigger is customized (it might be fixed to Asteroid). I definitely agree about Fuyushima mentoring Osamu though, it'd definitely solidify his position after Hyuse joins as a second ace...

<3 new volume cover, all hail hyuse!!!

The author is clever in developing his characters. He has Kuga become the backbone for the team, having him attract all the attention and action, while he slowly levels up Osamu. Now that we're a bit tired of the "Kuga is the best fighter" gimmick, we can see Osamu emerge as a clever tactician that uses his brain to make up for his fighting prowess. Meanwhile, Chika is entertaining us as a trion monster that can basically use a ton of unique combinations of weapons that no one else can. And then, once we're satisfied with these three showing off, we have fucking Hyuse join. God, the ramp up for this manga is incredible. Its slow and steady pacing is what really makes it shine.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics