Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.05 - 39votes)

Jinrou Game

Alt Names: alt 人狼ゲームalt 人狼游戏alt Jinroh Gamealt Werewolf Gamealt بازی گرگنماalt بازی جینرو
Author: Kawakami Ryou
Artist: Koudon
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaHorror HorrorMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: One night, senior high school second-year Nishina Airi is abducted. When she wakes, she is trapped in an uncanny, isolated space with other students from her high school and forced to take part in the “Werewolf Game”. Thus, a death game filled with fear and terror that would pit “Werewolves” and “Villagers” against each other, force them to murder – a game with rules so absolute, defiance is punished by gruesome death – begins.
Go to Jinrou Game Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Last Two Chapters Available on Scanlation Group's Facebook Page New Window Ominous
  • 0 Replies
Topic The MC is named Airi... New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 0 Replies

101 Comments

A hulking guy trying to convince that hes innocent and that a small girl basically pummeled someone's face to death doesnt hold much, considering the ammount of effort that needs to beat someone to that extent. It also seems that she was killed with the chair on the crime scene (blood spatters on it), and considering all the bruising the killer should have needed quite a few blows to do so. Even if a woman could use a chair as a blunt weapon the crime scene leans more on a man's work (unless it was altered to seem that way ofc), considering the focus on the gal's face plus using a heavy blunt weapon.

First off, underestimating someone due to muscle size is the most ignorant judgment you could ever make. Bruce Lee's muscles were 5-6 inches in diameter and the average white guy has bigger muscles than that. Not to mention his force output was measured be over the force of a baseball going at 100mph.

Now, I'm not assuming everyone is Bruce Lee, but power compacted in really small muscle sizes is extremely common among Asian people, and this is Japan. 

I.E.: My biceps and triceps' diameters are the width of an iPhone X and I can bench 100; I weigh about 150. All in pounds. I'm Asian if that wasn't obvious already.

Also, smashing her face in implies that someone else envied her face (due to classic manga tropes) and thus the killer would most definitely be a girl.

I'm sure you say all that because you forget there is 2 werewolf. Even if a girl can't do that if the other werewolf is a guy then it can happened. AND from the look Tada is werewolf no doubt.

A hulking guy trying to convince that hes innocent and that a small girl basically pummeled someone's face to death doesnt hold much, considering the ammount of effort that needs to beat someone to that extent. It also seems that she was killed with the chair on the crime scene (blood spatters on it), and considering all the bruising the killer should have needed quite a few blows to do so. Even if a woman could use a chair as a blunt weapon the crime scene leans more on a man's work (unless it was altered to seem that way ofc), considering the focus on the gal's face plus using a heavy blunt weapon.

I'm sure you say all that because you forget there is 2 werewolf. Even if a girl can't do that if the other werewolf is a guy then it can happened. AND from the look Tada is werewolf no doubt.

Funny enough because this is a that type of manga I think the guy is innocent and telling the truth because there's too many signs showing that he isn't innocent and lying.

I still vote that Nishina Airi is one of the werewolves and she doesn't even know it.  I'm also thinking Tada Tomohiro is the prophet, and he was maybe confused by her reluctance to vote.  They'll almost certainly vote for Fujiki Takeshi this time around, and (assuming minimal villagers survive for the sake of tension), he's NOT actually a werewolf, which if my other assumptions are correct means its one of the sisters.

Chainsaws don't work that way.

yeah, if you want a clean cut like that, you've either got to be a really skilled katana user or use something like a machete.

Chainsaws don't work that way.

I've been trying to read up on game theory for this situation. It's surprisingly hard. I found the basic Mafia version, I also found a Werewolf version that has both a seer and healer/bodyguard type player. I found a lot of talk about noticing tells from the various players, but that's more useful for games where no one is dying. I even found a bit that says that the werewolf pretending to be the seer almost always fails, sadly it didn't explain why that is. 

None of that was particularly helpful though. I did read one useful tip, which was for the seer to pretend to trust a werewolf if he finds one, since a werewolf would probably prefer to keep a useful dupe alive a bit longer, but that was about it.

Okay, so I'm just gonna try my best at this. Spoilers since it's a fairly long post.

Spoiler

They touch on it a bit why no one pretends to be the seer. Also not sure if this game follows the rule of mafia/werewolf/salem that seers cannot protect themselves but let's say it does.

If you are the seer and announce you are the seer. You are very likely to die during the night. If you don't die then people will be suspicious that you didn't die and most likely kill you in the day.

If you are not the seer and announce you are the seer. People are very likely to kill you during the next day if you don't die.

Of course there's more to it and I left out a lot of things that can happen (such as claiming werewolves are trying to incriminate you) but a majority of the outcome results in, you die to someone regardless. So it's never a good idea to announce your the seer, especially if you're incriminating the seer.

This should only change when your goal is to be specifically killed by the werewolf (there are versions where some people play as someone trying to get killed). In which case it becomes more interesting.

Lol, they even used the Thiercelieux logo, did they even got the licensing from Asmodee ? 

I've been trying to read up on game theory for this situation. It's surprisingly hard. I found the basic Mafia version, I also found a Werewolf version that has both a seer and healer/bodyguard type player. I found a lot of talk about noticing tells from the various players, but that's more useful for games where no one is dying. I even found a bit that says that the werewolf pretending to be the seer almost always fails, sadly it didn't explain why that is. 

None of that was particularly helpful though. I did read one useful tip, which was for the seer to pretend to trust a werewolf if he finds one, since a werewolf would probably prefer to keep a useful dupe alive a bit longer, but that was about it.

Okay, so I'm just gonna try my best at this. Spoilers since it's a fairly long post.

Spoiler

This reminds me of Town of Salem

It more or less is.

This reminds me of Town of Salem

I need to remember that this kind of works often depends on the character not being genre-savvy.

She still has several ways to go depending on what she says next.

Spoiler

Isn't the phrase "she's gonna get killed" par of the course given the genre ? MC not necessarily exempted.

Spoiler

Isn't it obvious she is lying ?

Spoiler

Well, I thought to myself she was either real or lying, but her death flag has essentially been raised either way. I played mafia enough to know how these CCs work. I imagine you're right based on that one reaction you pointed out on alone. I didn't really expect this type of reply to a half-joking response tbh, but I guess I didn't word myself better.

Spoiler

That Tada boy is so suspicious that it would be a plot twist for me if he's not the werewolf

Spoiler

yeah, and if you haven't realized already, people who lie are people who die.

It rhymes.

I love how life pans out in such a beautiful manner.

Well, she's gonna get killed.

Spoiler

Well, she's gonna get killed.

WHAT THE FUCK new chapter

three letters

t

r

I got these 3 tomes at home.

It's so-so.

The main problem ? Not enough players. So this manga only use the basic rules of werewolf game, not the complex one when you play wwith 16 ppl (the witch, the white werewolf , the couple,etc), so it's really to easy.,

And because it's not complex , i knew the 2 werewolf before i finished the first tome, it's just too obvious.

This manga could be really better.

Thanks Timeless Scans for picking this up!

WHAT THE FUCK new chapter

Remembered about this manga and somehow found out that Chinese scans is complete. Can't understand anything but from what I saw, there is a fucking twist.

Spoiler

Really hope that someone will pick up this series.

Such poor thinking by the players of the game. This is a game of life and death and they aren't even serious about it. They're not using all the tools and rules to their fullest.

If you actually kill somebody every time the vote takes place, that means that a maximum of 3 people could die a day. That means, by tomorrow, they could be down to 6 people. And on the third day, down to 3 people. Then the werewolves win because they can outvote the last remaining villager. So in the worst possible situation, they only have 2 days to survive. And the first day is like only 2 hours and they did nothing with it, so really, only 1 day to actually take some action.

The worst possible thing for them to do on day 1 was to waste all that time doing nothing, they should have talked as a group and try to figure out who the werewolves were instead of just dispersing. Or try to put their heads together to beat the game, or make some plans, or do anything.

If this continues, realistically the expert werewolves win in a landslide against this caliber of players. But it's a manga, so they'll drag it on for a long time by adding a lot of bs.

And is it me or isn't Tada-kun the most suspicious? The other member should be a girl, and I'm thinking the elder Inoue or the first one that declares herself a villager (Inaba).

I dream there won't be too much BS, since this (kind of game) is a cliche in the horror genre. It literally happens in every horror manga that also has survivalism as a theme. 

This was an enjoyable read. Too bad no one has picked it up to finish it even now after it's been completed. 

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics