Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.49 - 103votes)

Wolfsmund

Alt Names: alt 狼の口: ヴォルフスムントalt Ookami no Kuchi Wolfsmundalt Ookami no Kuchi: Wolfsmund
Author: Kuji Mitsuhisa
Artist: Kuji Mitsuhisa
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalHorror HorrorPsychological PsychologicalSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Europe, early 14th century: the St. Gotthard Pass is the main north-south artery through the Alps. It's guarded by a merciless tyrant and nobody can cross the border without a thorough interrogation. His impregnable fortress is called Wolfsmund, the "Wolf's Maw."
Go to Wolfsmund Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

185 Comments

Long live the great hero, Wolfram!

Damn. Weaselfram got away again!!

Chapter 16 page 8 = Chapter 11 page 1

;)

No! Wolfram must win!

based on your name, you must be lying, right?

Man, the Swiss are mean.

Also, I think Walter already pierced Hilde's heart.

He caught her with the hook, pulled her in with the rope and then penetrated her heart. Hook, rope and penetration. The greatest of strategies featured in this manga.

Gee, I sure hope she doesn't die a sudden meaningless death... *squint*
No I'm serious. I'd really hate it, if she died!

Though Wolfram prepared a hidden escape route beforehand... Go figure...

Hilde, so cool. But my experience with this manga is full of cool gals dead body. Though Hilde had the longest appearance than other girls but I can't help that Walter had to part with her soon ... without graduating from his virginiity ofc.

Man, the Swiss are mean.

And other parts too, soon.

Man, the Swiss are mean.

WOLFRAM WILL DIE MUaHAHAHAAHahahaHAHAHAHaHaAH!!!!

Wolfram, you re our "hero?!" You must Survive!!! 

I want Griffith... uh I mean Wolfram to die soooo badly right now. In a very slow and painful way.

Do not worry my friend.. Wolfram will not be cornered by mere peasants..  it is very likely that our hero is going to escape.

So true.. so let us build a wall of comments to protect Wolfram. Please join if you want to save one of the most beloved characters...

Wolfram, you re our "hero?!" You must Survive!!! 

When this turned into "Dark Souls: the manga"? XD

I am sincerely disappointed by Wolfram can't believe he is already this cornered.

Do not worry my friend.. Wolfram will not be cornered by mere peasants..  it is very likely that our hero is going to escape.

No! Wolfram must win!

So true.. so let us build a wall of comments to protect Wolfram. Please join if you want to save one of the most beloved characters...

No! Wolfram must win!

I am sincerely disappointed by Wolfram can't believe he is already this cornered.

Man, that last chapter was quite the rush!

Intense!!! 

read the first volume but it that all? a pair cross>get kill and repeat?

No thats not all. Its just like that for first 2 volumes, then it gets even more awesome ;)

No! Wolfram must win!

read the first volume but it that all? a pair cross>get kill and repeat?

Huh, huh, I simply love that smirk of Wolfram. May he be blessed with a long life and many more evil deeds.

It's nice to learn a little history that still has clearly visible effects in today's world. This however makes the main plot all the more disturbing when the whole manga constantly retains this historical and "real" feeling.

Swiss used to be has a lot of enemies, so they was ganged up.

And once again, suicide bombers save the day...

....wait, that didn't come out right.

have seen the raw and the judgement on wolfram by the Confederates was pretty middleage style (brutal)

Haven't seen the raws, but given the tone of this manga, I would imagine so.

Historically, though, what Frederick said about vested interests is especially true in the case of the Swiss. The people of the mountains were not exactly peasants. They were traders, engineers (such as existed in the era), livestock farmers, and landlords. Swiss had a fairly modern agricultural industry during this era, making derivative foods such as cheese and beer (Swiss was rich in hops, a main ingredient for making beer, at a time when everyone else was stuck drinking mead) in scales far in excess of the cottage industries of even the Italian townships. They also had larger numbers of livestock per capita than their immediate neighbors, the population being particularly well-fed in protein and actually 20 cm taller on average than their immediate Italian neighbors. The confederates were vested interests, and their rebellion against the Empire was not merely an act of desperation. Morgarten was historically caused by a dispute on pasture rights (this being represented by Hilde's late husband's conflict with the monks).

Neither was historical Morgarten merely a fight for independence. Morgarten actually started a Swiss war of conquest against the Imperial cities in the region. Chroniclers say that these cities joined "freely", but of course the definition of that word had significant leeway at the time. Bern, Zug, and Zurich, for instance, gladly joined in 1351-53 to avoid being turned into subject lands. Bern, particularly, didn't have much choice in the matter, the Bernese Oberland having previously been conquered in 1317.

This chapter is really good.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics