Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 84votes)

Karakuri Circus

Alt Names: alt からくりサーカスalt 傀儡马戏团alt Gánh Xiếc Quái Dịalt Le Cirque de Karakuri
Author: Fujita Kazuhiro
Artist: Fujita Kazuhiro
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaFantasy FantasyPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceShounen ShounenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Katou Narumi (19) suffers from Zonapha Syndrome, a rare ailment that stops his breathing unless he makes people laugh. He's been forced to abandon his training in Chinese kenpo and return to Japan, where he now works as a clown. The only problem: he's not very funny.

One day he meets Saiga Masaru (11), the recent inheritor of a huge fortune, who gives him the first laugh he's gotten all day. When he realizes Masaru is being pursued by assassins, he steps in to protect the boy, only to discover that instead of conventional weapons, the assassins wield huge, eerie puppets. They soon encounter the mysterious Shirogane (age unknown), who controls a puppet of her own, and claims she was sent from France by Masaru's late grandfather to protect him.

Their paths intertwine and diverge, splitting into two stories: Karakuri and Circus, puppets and performers, tears and laughter. The strange circus of living dolls that spreads Zonapha Syndrome, the human puppets known collectively as the Shirogane, and the puppeteers whose undying grudge set in motion both sides of this performance.
Go to Karakuri Circus Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic french scan ? New Window narumi2
  • 2 Replies
Topic Karakuri Circus latest chapter discussion New Window truepurple
  • 2 Replies
Topic Risking defeat and lose of reason for existance for EXTREME pride. New Window truepurple
  • 1 Replies
Topic Has this series been dropped? New Window TomDaloof
  • 2 Replies

359 Comments

Ah, I'm excited for next chapter! I'm a sucker for flashback romances.

Thanks for the updates :)

It absolutely is after the creation of the Shirogane. Personally, I suspect that Jin took his older brother's name for this.

Also, Jacob Inn? Really? Jacobin? Oh Fujita.

It IS definitely before the creation of the Shirogane. Yin travelled the world for many years, met Souji before coming back to France and saw the atrocities Jin's done, that's why he killed himself to make the Shirogane, Angelina then lived with her mother until she left to Japan and met Souji who's now an adult. And Jin, well, just you guys wait and see.

Thanks for the new chapter ^^

So, this is the younger brother who went crazy pretending to be the older brother who creates the Shirogane but he isn't the older brother he's the younger brother but he's called Shirogane and builds puppets..................what?

"Today, our city of Nagasaki looks as pretty as ever."

"Today, our city of Nagasaki (...)"

" (...) our city of Nagasaki (...)"

" (...) Nagasaki (...)"

OOOH, DEAR...

3de0365f5d.png

Bai Yin? So this flashback is set before the creation of the shirogane huh?

It absolutely is after the creation of the Shirogane. Personally, I suspect that Jin took his older brother's name for this.

Also, Jacob Inn? Really? Jacobin? Oh Fujita.

Bai Yin? So this flashback is set before the creation of the shirogane huh?

Yay another flashback

someone they have french scans of karakuri circus ??? i need help guys !!!!

Masaru's having a bad day. Even worse, he hasn't finished his homework.

Hey kid, you wanna drink some of my blood?

No?

Well too bad! One blood-fueled drug trip coming right up!

Oh man. Masaru might turn evil because of this.

I'm seriously tripping right now trying to piece this all together. Brain...hurt...ow.

I think there's a typo. The half-dead guy is called

Spoiler

Good chapter. Love Masaru's puppets. Guess the bird is the new animal mascot of the series.

Some guns or grenade launchers packed in that bunker would help. Or at least a hidden escape path.

How far has this been? [REDACTED SPOILERY QUESTIONS]
There's a local translation in my country but it only stopped there. And I think the numbering is according to the rerelease edition not the 43 volumes

Spoiler

Whew! That was a close one. I thought for sure that

Spoiler
I feel better now. Clearly,
Spoiler

How far has this been?
There's a local translation in my country but it only stopped there. And I think the numbering is according to the rerelease edition not the 43 volumes

Jesus! This is some mind blowing reincarnation story. I hope they don't repeat that horrid past where Masaru begins to develop an attraction for Eleanor, and tries to steal her away from Narumi. That would destroy me.

Thanks for the chapter Funnaraba ^^

And damn, the mirror part was creepy as hell, poor Masaru. 

The art matched the tone of this chapter perfectly.

MOTHERF*CKING BAI-JIN! SO THAT'S HOW HE DID IT!

1. 'Create a homunculus' or 'capture a child (a baby, perhaps?)';

2. Use a procedure with the Soft Stone to transfer his memories and knowledge (say, by strapping his 'vessel' to a chair and injecting the 'Aqua' or forcing it down their throat);

3. Repeat throughout the years until Francine (or Eleonore with her memories) is your waifu.

I think this might also explain how Masaru had such an amazing intellect - he is an 'imperfect clone' of Sadayoshi (Bai-Jin)!

So, Bai-Jin's been cloning himself over and over? His "father" must be a clone too. Either that or he overrides his kids's brain every generation.

I'm so confused. This is some crazy sci-fi. Next chapter we learn one of those keys opens a TARDIS and his mother's name was Melody Pond.

MOTHERF*CKING BAI-JIN! SO THAT'S HOW HE DID IT!

1. 'Create a homunculus' or 'capture a child (a baby, perhaps?)';

2. Use a procedure with the Soft Stone to transfer his memories and knowledge (say, by strapping his 'vessel' to a chair and injecting the 'Aqua' or forcing it down their throat);

3. Repeat throughout the years until Francine (or Eleonore with her memories) is your waifu.

I think this might also explain how Masaru had such an amazing intellect - he is an 'imperfect clone' of Sadayoshi (Bai-Jin)!

It reminds me of good old Total Recall with Schwarzenegger.

Masaru you need to travel to Mars next :D

This must have some relation with the aqua vitae, right?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics