Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.63 - 195votes)

Bartender

Alt Names: alt バーテンダー
Author: Joh Araki
Artist: Nagatomo Kenji
Genres: Drama DramaPsychological PsychologicalSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The story of the Sasakura Ryu and Eden Hall, a small cocktail bar in the Chiba area of Tokyo, where troubled customers come for the "glass of the gods," which with Ryu's assistance helps them to resolve their often highly emotional problems.

The above is the synopsis of the anime. In the manga, Ryu starts out working in a bar called Lapin.
Go to Bartender Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Bartender: Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Sebastian De Los Angeles
  • 7 Replies
Topic spice up thing a little New Window [email protected]
  • 1 Replies

480 Comments

Finally they mention a cocktail I can drink!

The last page reminds me of Kindaichi, typically when a Murderer is trying to confess. HAHA

Hey fuck you Sasakura, there's no such thing as too sweet for an adult! I'm 26 and still like shirley temples more than literally any alcoholic beverage!

Also, she died in 2014 :(

Well... not every adult likes sweet drinks.  Grenadine tastes like cherry diabetes.  Also just means alcohol's not your thing (why are you reading this lol).

And yes, she died in 2014, but this chapter was originally written before she passed (this manga ran from 2004 to 2011).

Hey fuck you Sasakura, there's no such thing as too sweet for an adult! I'm 26 and still like shirley temples more than literally any alcoholic beverage!

Also, she died in 2014 :(

After drinking the cocktail, it unlocked the memory that it was not a train that killed her brother and her parents, but it was in fact she herself that went on a murderous rampage and took the lives of 21 innocent people that day.

Calling it now.

Thanks for another update.

Ch. 156 p. 19: *you're

The latest chapter was great! Thanks, CityShrimp! :)

No, the form of the glass is just fine-- I'm with Purple Library Guy, many common cocktails would look great in a red glass- a Cosmopolitan, Pink Lady, Manhattan, Negroni, Ward Eight, etc.

Except the lesson that he was supposed to learn was to keep your customer in mind. Any person stocking a bar is never going to choose glasses with limited uses over those with a broader set of use cases. The copper mug used for a Moscow Mule is likely one of the few exceptions.
No, the form of the glass is just fine-- I'm with Purple Library Guy, many common cocktails would look great in a red glass- a Cosmopolitan, Pink Lady, Manhattan, Negroni, Ward Eight, etc.
Thanks, CityShrimp!

Oh, bah!  Beautiful red glasses are beautiful and there's lots of things you can put in them.  Wine, vodka, bloody whatevers--basically clear things and red things, which is quite a big proportion of drinks.  Also purple things.

Yes, but if that is the case, then the form should be different, as what you will be putting in there would predominantly be wine.

Oh, bah!  Beautiful red glasses are beautiful and there's lots of things you can put in them.  Wine, vodka, bloody whatevers--basically clear things and red things, which is quite a big proportion of drinks.  Also purple things.

WE all know sasakura is nosy a.f., which is why we love him~ XD Remember, eloquence frequently trumps truth, and sasakura is known for his jedi mind tricks~

Thanks for the latest chapter, much appreciated!

"Only those who understand weakness can understand true strength."

"got a problem with your life? consult a bartender" they rarely get drunk

"i rarely drink"

*chug down two whisky glasses* 

"ah. i feel refreshed"

Ahhh, "My Way"--every guy's fantasy song.  We all want to be able to say that, and too few of us really can.

"Got a problem with your life? Get drunk!"
- This manga in a nutshell

"got a problem with your life? consult a bartender"

they rarely get drunk

I missed reading this a lot. Thanks, CityShrimp!

Another great update! 

So we are nearing the end right? Will the sequels have a translation?

Well, if a solution works, why not recommend it? Plus you'd have to be a real lightweight to get drunk from the 1-2 drinks the customers generally get served in this manga.

Thanks for update! You doing great work!

Thanks, CityShrimp!

I bet the uploader was laughing at this comment while putting up the latest chapter. XD

Spoiler

But my comment preempted the plot development by 3 months/3 chapters, so I think the uploader was closer with the previous comment "Ohhhh~"

In short, to notice the hint months before it was ever revealed, "Arn't I awesome?"

Thanks, CityShrimp!

Guys, just realized something; Ryuu's OL girlfriend wasn't invited to the soft opening, yet the bum flair bartender was invited~ ;p

I bet the uploader was laughing at this comment while putting up the latest chapter. XD

Spoiler

Guys, just realized something; Ryuu's OL girlfriend wasn't invited to the soft opening, yet the bum flair bartender was invited~ ;p

Spoiler

Ooohh... OOOOOHHHHHH

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics