Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.36 - 140votes)

Illegal Rare

Alt Names: alt イリーガル・レアalt Rea Ihō
Author: Shiibashi Hiroshi
Artist: Shiibashi Hiroshi
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHorror HorrorMystery MysteryShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: From the author of "Nurarihyon no Mago", comes a whole new supernatural series.

Supernatural creatures live alongside humans, but these "rares" are being hunted to extinction over time. An organization is being formed to protect these rares, and allow them to live their lives as they like. The starting members of this organization are few; there's the masked Fukumen, the Black Vampyr AxL, and they are soon joined by the sweet-voiced mermaid Mirror. Together, they will protect the rares from the deadly hunters!
Go to Illegal Rare Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

163 Comments

I almost feel bad for Kawaski. Having to work for fukumen will probably raise his blood pressure.

same words for magic, and esper

i wish people use new power stuff instead these

Because any new power wouldn't just be a derivative of something that has already been published.

It's okay... but I wish the protagonist wasn't a vampire. So many vampires already.

same words for magic, and esper

i wish people use new power stuff instead these

Finally here the new chapter !! Thanks for your hard work!

• Ada likes this

The first thing that I've noticed while reading was the art rather than the plot. The author/artist didn't use any toning but did everything by pen and inkling...woah.

And now i'm crying on the inside....dat skill.

I read raws 4-6, I must say AXL his transformation into his true form in c6 is... amazing lol
Kinda looks like a ripoff from Mugetsu from Bleach, but way more... ancient like. 

A teaser picture here.

Spoiler

I wonder what forced him to go that far...

• Ada likes this

This is a very fun, quirky series and I'm glad that RHS is working on it.

Surprisingly liking this series. You can't believe how relieved I am to know it's still continuing.

The page number where each manga begins.

TOC 20:

Spoiler

IR color page:

Spoiler

Is that a scorpion with a tail made of eyeballs?

whats the number next to the titles? also please remeber to post the ranking of #20 kinda interested

The page number where each manga begins.

TOC 20:

Spoiler

IR color page:

Spoiler

You're right. I did forget the tea drinking scenes in Ch. 3. I chuckled at that.

I understand that the humans hunting these special creautres is the storyline...that is why I framed my complaint in the form of "in the first 3 chapters" - it wasn't a gripe at the plot generally, it was a complaint about the pieces within the plot specifically.

I don't know when the perception of Vampires depicted as humorously elegant began, but this vampyre has been harped on as an elegant creature and I feel a bit protective of Noblesse as the first place I read about a vampire with an overwhelming aura of prestige and elegance. So that's a personal thing I'll have to deal with.

Anyhow, there's nothing wrong with the SS readers...but it is fun for rival fan bases to exist. I used to be on Narutoforums a decade ago and it cracked me up to see One Piece fans nerding out in an argument of powers vs. (any fanbase) Naruto fans. So I don't see it as a bad thing. We're just bringing the heat. :-p

The whole vampires as classy and elegant facades is probably Bram Stoker at work (like 90% of vampire stuff, at least).

TOC 18 (First IR rank):

Spoiler

Wow, it's bad for IR.  

The Illegal Rare's first volume is planned for June 4.

Edit (4/02):  Illegal Rare with color page in Shounen Jump #20. It's a good news for IR because it shows popularity.

whats the number next to the titles? also please remeber to post the ranking of #20 kinda interested

TOC 18 (IR first rank):

Spoiler

Wow, it's bad for IR.  

The Illegal Rare's first volume is planned for June 4.

Edit (4/02):  Illegal Rare with color page in Shounen Jump #20. It's a good news for IR because it shows popularity.

I read raws 4-6, I must say AXL his transformation into his true form in c6 is... amazing lol
Kinda looks like a ripoff from Mugetsu from Bleach, but way more... ancient like. 

A teaser picture here.

Spoiler

What you seemingly fail to understand is that the Vampire Vs. Werewolf thing has absolutely nothing to do with the plot: the rare species of these two chapters was a werewolf and the author decided to reference the fact that Vampire Vs. Werewolves stories are popular (even in NuraMago, he tended to reference everything related to a certain myth). The plot is about human hunters hunting down beings from western mythology and a legal organization trying to put an end to it, not about Vampires and Werewolves fighting one another. Werewolf part is NOT the selling point here.

And seriously, I am getting a feeling that Stealth Symphony fans have some serious issues. You are not the first SS fan who, for whichever reason, considers IR to be his arch-nemesis.

As for Shounen having to start with laughs: no, it doesn't have to. With that said, IR has a lot of humor even in ch1 so that argument really doesn't make sense.

You're right. I did forget the tea drinking scenes in Ch. 3. I chuckled at that.

I understand that the humans hunting these special creautres is the storyline...that is why I framed my complaint in the form of "in the first 3 chapters" - it wasn't a gripe at the plot generally, it was a complaint about the pieces within the plot specifically.

I don't know when the perception of Vampires depicted as humorously elegant began, but this vampyre has been harped on as an elegant creature and I feel a bit protective of Noblesse as the first place I read about a vampire with an overwhelming aura of prestige and elegance. So that's a personal thing I'll have to deal with.

Anyhow, there's nothing wrong with the SS readers...but it is fun for rival fan bases to exist. I used to be on Narutoforums a decade ago and it cracked me up to see One Piece fans nerding out in an argument of powers vs. (any fanbase) Naruto fans. So I don't see it as a bad thing. We're just bringing the heat. :-p

While I thank you for agreeing with me, you seem to have misunderstood my point here. I am a member of "there is nothing new under the sun" tribe. With that said, that doesn't mean old things cannot be fun.

I remember reading Mago. It was good and fun at the start. Then comes the "fear" and its implement. When it first showed up I was OK with it, but as it goes along the "hmmmm" keeps coming out more often and longer each time. By that point I was too deep into the game to actually turn back so I went along with it until the finish.

But I digress. My real point was that the double page rings to me that this manga will not suit my taste. How that came to be, is probably because I just can't stand that sort of MC anymore. Whether or not the trope is overused, or if it is enjoyable to others, is of no concern.

Now this werewolves and vampires, nothing wrong with it. If we want to talk about overly used settings here, we can start with 1. The MC is alive. 2. There are people that like/hate the MC. 3. The MC have rivals/enemies, not to mention allies/friends. 4. Everything normally needed for a story to actually start. If it fits the lore, it doesn't require people to bother looking up extra reference to enjoy the manga. If it doesn't it causes unnecessary confusion, not to mention loss of readers.

As for S.S, I cannot say much about that. It has been enjoyable so far, to a certain extent. Rare and powerful items setting is good and all but, there are inconsistencies here and there. Not enough to ruin it yet, but hopefully the author will cover those properly.

Until is a good shounen or seinen story without useless romance as main plot and without stupid fantasy-beings/human relationship, for me is k :)

Spoiler

While I thank you for agreeing with me, you seem to have misunderstood my point here. I am a member of "there is nothing new under the sun" tribe. With that said, that doesn't mean old things cannot be fun.

I remember reading Mago. It was good and fun at the start. Then comes the "fear" and its implement. When it first showed up I was OK with it, but as it goes along the "hmmmm" keeps coming out more often and longer each time. By that point I was too deep into the game to actually turn back so I went along with it until the finish.

But I digress. My real point was that the double page rings to me that this manga will not suit my taste. How that came to be, is probably because I just can't stand that sort of MC anymore. Whether or not the trope is overused, or if it is enjoyable to others, is of no concern.

Now this werewolves and vampires, nothing wrong with it. If we want to talk about overly used settings here, we can start with 1. The MC is alive. 2. There are people that like/hate the MC. 3. The MC have rivals/enemies, not to mention allies/friends. 4. Everything normally needed for a story to actually start. If it fits the lore, it doesn't require people to bother looking up extra reference to enjoy the manga. If it doesn't it causes unnecessary confusion, not to mention loss of readers.

As for S.S, I cannot say much about that. It has been enjoyable so far, to a certain extent. Rare and powerful items setting is good and all but, there are inconsistencies here and there. Not enough to ruin it yet, but hopefully the author will cover those properly.

*scratches head* 

This manga, is ok.

It needs to really step up in later chapters, if this were to keep my interest.

It just won't survive, if this will be this, well, clishe...

Really liked it. Mostly the setting, it's a nice take on the monster genre. It's still to early to say if its good or bad but it has potencial.

I'm just gonna be that guy who says that he reads both Illegal Rare and Stealth Symphony and enjoys both of them. Yes, they both are about a city where a variety of mythological creatures are in and they both have a currently pretty invincible MC.

Still, there are differences, where Stealth Symphony is humorous with a touch of darkness, Illegal Rare is dark with a touch of humour. Illegal Rare is also Law and Order: Supernatural Unit. All in all, 3 chapters isn't enough for both of them to tell where they are going yet, so just sit back and enjoy reading them for now.

The first thing that I've noticed while reading was the art rather than the plot. The author/artist didn't use any toning but did everything by pen and inkling...woah.

At the moment I don't like it.

First chapter was kinda interesting, but the other two... Meh. Unfollowed.

nice! Thanks for the update!

I'm liking this, but then I went and checked and saw it's in Jump. Think it's going to be good for a year then shit for 11, get canned asap or get canned 10 chapters before the end?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics