Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.66 - 182votes)

Kuroshitsuji

Alt Names: alt Black Butleralt El Mayordomo Negroalt 검은 집사alt 黒執事alt Kara Kahyaalt Piru Hovimestariksialt خادم سیاه
Author: Toboso Yana
Artist: Toboso Yana
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHistorical HistoricalHorror HorrorMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Among the noble families of Victorian England exists Sebastian Michaelis, butler to the Phantomhives. He has unquestionably impeccable knowledge of all subjects, including etiquette, martial arts and cooking, as well as talents in every other area imaginable.

However, though Sebastian is undeniably perfect, he is forever destined to meet the needs of his 12 year old master, Ciel. Wearing a black tailcoat whilst gracefully brewing the world's strongest red tea, why is it that such a high class butler chooses never to leave the side of such a frustrating master? And what is the truth behind his perfection? The secrets of Sebastian and the tragedies of his cunning young master slowly unfold as the duo goes up against many terrible and unexpected foes.
Go to Kuroshitsuji Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Kuroshitsuji's Latest Chapter Discussion New Window ndanix
  • 18 Replies
Topic Who is the best Kuroshitsuji character? New Window yamikami
  • 11 Replies

335 Comments

Welll, there's "perfectly healthy" and then there's "perfectly healthy".  Put it this way . . . I wouldn't be too confident that this guy can still go out in the light of day.

From one mystery to another. Damn it, when that door opens I was expecting a zombie (like one of the previous arc) not a perfectly healthy guy!

lthough that would help,  that's not it.

I'm not advocating for fan-service (this manga never had much except arguably, the generous use of bishounen) in the form of gigantic boobs, but it has gotten to a point where the only 'shounen' thing that remains in this manga is the underlying story.

Although the significance of this arc is still up in the air, it seems it won't end for another few chapters. If it reaches 20 chapters, then it'll be about a quarter of the story thus far - effectively a quarter of the WHOLE manga thus far. I feels as it it's currently going nowhere (or rather at least somewhere, albeit very slowly with all the superfluous sub plots and characters in between). 

What initially drew me to the manga was the mystery of Ciel's tie with the supernatural and Sebastian kicking ass. Sadly, this arc has little of either.

In sum, if Der( r)ek has little significance to the overall story, then this would have been a big troll arc - of which the only notable thing to come out of it is the reaffirmation of Toboso's ability (fetish) to draw bishounen, and that's about it.

It's fine that Toboso's giving the fangirls what they want, but others are starting to roll their eyes.

I have to disagree with you on your point of superfluous sub-plots and characters. What the author is doing is trying to build up the world and possibly cultivating character development. After all, Toboso-sensei has a habit of bringing back characters from before. For all we know, the P4 and the other students could play an important role in a future arc.

However, as I said before, I believed the main point of this arc is to showcase Ciel in an environment that requires him to employ his mastery of subterfuge. While I enjoy the action sequences in the past, what drew me to Ciel is his incredible intellect and his ability to manipulate people. In previous arcs, Ciel seemed to always rely on Sebastian for nearly everything. It's good to see that even without him, Ciel can operate the missions given to him successfully.

All I can say is that I think you are prematurely judging this arc before it has reached its conclusion. While I can understand how some of the things that has been occurring are not up to your preference, I implore you to read with a more open mind and bask in the other elements that make this manga great even though it may not be to your palette. I will concede, though, that it will be a waste of an arc if it all comes to naught if Ciel's tie to the supernatural is not further developed.

Really, folks?

I know it's a bit unorthodox as far as arcs go, but I have to say this is one of the manga's best arcs. We were able to clearly see how Ciel can manipulate the people around him at a large scale. His ability as a detective for the Queen has been shown to be at its peak in this arc.

Is it because of the lack of female characters in this arc? If you go in thinking you will find Yaoi, you will surely unconsciously notice "signs" of it. Just enjoy it, there is a lot of mystery that has yet to be unraveled and this latest chapter has brought more questions, raising the tension even further.

Although that would help,  that's not it.

I'm not advocating for fan-service (this manga never had much except arguably, the generous use of bishounen) in the form of gigantic boobs, but it has gotten to a point where the only 'shounen' thing that remains in this manga is the underlying story.

Although the significance of this arc is still up in the air, it seems it won't end for another few chapters. If it reaches 20 chapters, then it'll be about a quarter of the story thus far - effectively a quarter of the WHOLE manga thus far. I feels as it it's currently going nowhere (or rather at least somewhere, albeit very slowly with all the superfluous sub plots and characters in between). 

What initially drew me to the manga was the mystery of Ciel's tie with the supernatural and Sebastian kicking ass. Sadly, this arc has little of either.

In sum, if Der( r)ek has little significance to the overall story, then this would have been a big troll arc - of which the only notable thing to come out of it is the reaffirmation of Toboso's ability (fetish) to draw bishounen, and that's about it.

It's fine that Toboso's giving the fangirls what they want, but others are starting to roll their eyes.

First, I just want to say, the cover page of chapter 81 is quite beautifully done =) the colors and the soft tones. well done to the mangaka and the scanlators.

Second, what the freak! this chapter was extremely rewarding in the many months we waited in suspense and in anticipation for this mystery to unravel. We're one step closer but now we're presented with another unforeseen event! Damn what a chapter! So many things are passing through my mind about this cliff hanger but ultimately, this is what we've been waiting for in this arc! Thank you Toboso-sensei for finally giving us something really juicy to feast on with speculation for the next month!

*I can't believe people are complaining about this arc after this chapter?! I'm pretty sure NONE of us expected this to happen. maybe a twist here and there but not this cliff hanger! Is this not exciting enough?! wow...

Really, folks?

I know it's a bit unorthodox as far as arcs go, but I have to say this is one of the manga's best arcs. We were able to clearly see how Ciel can manipulate the people around him at a large scale. His ability as a detective for the Queen has been shown to be at its peak in this arc.

Is it because of the lack of female characters in this arc? If you go in thinking you will find Yaoi, you will surely unconsciously notice "signs" of it. Just enjoy it, there is a lot of mystery that has yet to be unraveled and this latest chapter has brought more questions, raising the tension even further.

Yea, this isn't one of the best arcs but it's not bad.

When will this arc end... this went from decent shounen to fujoshi grooming.

Oh man, I couldn't help but burst into a giggling fit when I saw Sebastian and Ciel put on that nice act. XD

His aunt Marquis is the only one not buying it. She's originally a Phantomhive so I guess she's the only one intelligent enough to know something's up

How Slytherin of him. TRULY, CIEL IS THE BEST CHARACTER!

You know, seeing Ciel work hard and succeed on his own is very refreshing. In this chapter, he didn't rely on Sebastian as much, since he had trained so hard before. It just makes him all the more lovable.

And the power of science prevails!!

Good chapter but there is one disturbing thing about it

Spoiler

Seeing Ceil work so hard to perfect that technique. Working up a good honest sweat while being the devious, utterly ruthless bastard I love.

Priceless.

Rookie of the year technique there!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HJWYzmJslis?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Best part about using Lau? Service is free since he's already gotten his profits from the bets xP
You can't get to Dumbledore so easily.
"Oh! Me no undastan engrish very well!" Riiiiight Lau
That plan with Lau was pure genius.
Oh, how I can't wait for the next chapters. Finally, Sebby may have some action time. Tame Sebby was lovely, but I love it more when he's fighting and being all bad-ass :D
i still look forward to the day when snake realizes
Spoiler

such a sublime trainwreck <3
Blue House is more like Slytherin than anything else. I'm so happy.

/is a Slytherin.
Never before I have seen shitting your pants to be so elegant...
... Somehow I was expecting better than food poisoning. It's a bit of a let down.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics