Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.67 - 173votes)

Chihayafuru

Alt Names: alt ちはやふるalt จิฮายะalt Chihaya Fullalt Chihaya Furualt 花牌情緣alt 치하야후루alt Tutkulu
Author: Suetsugu Yuki
Artist: Suetsugu Yuki
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaJosei JoseiRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSlice of Life Slice of LifeSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Chihaya Ayase is a girl who has spent most of her life simply supporting her sister in her model career. That changes when she meets a boy named Arata Wataya, a talented karuta player. After becoming friends, he believes that Chihaya has potential to become a great player. As Chihaya takes on a new dream of becoming Japan's best karuta player, she is soon separated from her karuta playing friends as they grow up. Now in high school, Chihaya is reunited with her childhood friend, Taichi Mashima. Together, they form the Mizusawa Karuta Club. With her teammates and friends supporting her, Chihaya strives to become the best karuta player in the world and to one day be with Arata again.
Go to Chihayafuru Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Cuándo será traducido los seguientes capitulos al español ? New Window StephanieBR
  • 2 Replies
Topic Current Chapter Discussion / Spoilers New Window BowlOfNoodles
  • 3 Replies

555 Comments

So let me see if I got this right:

Chihaya < Shinobu < Arata < Chihaya

-_- ?

They should seriously considering giving up the Chihayabowl ...

Stupid anti-climax is stupid. :(

Also the words on their shirts get weirder every time. "Reichenhaller"? That is what residents of a provincial town in Bavaria are called, but how would a Japanese mangaka know of something so random?

Geez, I need to read the 165 T_T I'm dying out of fangirling here. 

The "new beginning" thing got me all hyper.

DAMN! Mangathoned this till 164.. Just to have my favorite character lose. *smh*

Hate this feeling. :|

Arata losing to Chihaya makes it a a good time to drop this manga.

agreed. tho i dropped this a long time ago. her winning just made it seem a really good decision.

We never SEE that she definitely changes it. She's asked if she wants to and she says, "Yes, I should . . ." and any normal reader, which most of us are, would assume that means she does. But the mangaka - the clever, devilish mangaka - pulls some textual/graphic sleight of hand on us. Look on the next page, for example, and take a second look at the others' expressions as she ties WHICHEVER headband on: they have that shocked, dreamy expression, like something surprising and meaningful happened.... like Chihaya's choice of headband after all.

Can't tell if clever and intentionally left vague for interpretation to surprise us later (I brushed off their expressions as no more than "she looks so much better now that everything is in correct order")... or if just sloppy story-telling that didn't make it more  clear she put on the same headband. I opt for the latter, but that's just me being a pessimist. Suetsugu...
2mzeao.jpg

Wait...did I miss something? I thought Chihaya switched headbands to her own name after

Spoiler
, and when she takes off the new one after
Spoiler
at end of chapter it's Taichi's again?

We never SEE that she definitely changes it. She's asked if she wants to and she says, "Yes, I should . . ." and any normal reader, which most of us are, would assume that means she does. But the mangaka - the clever, devilish mangaka - pulls some textual/graphic sleight of hand on us. Look on the next page, for example, and take a second look at the others' expressions as she ties WHICHEVER headband on: they have that shocked, dreamy expression, like something surprising and meaningful happened.... like Chihaya's choice of headband after all.

Wait...did I miss something? I thought Chihaya switched headbands to her own name after

Spoiler
, and when she takes off the new one after
Spoiler
at end of chapter it's Taichi's again?

i just like the fact there's a "new beginning" coming soon... (jokingly, are both boys gonna follow chihaya to college? ^_^)

Shinobu's grnadmother seems to be pushing for professional karuta so maybe professional teams in the future?

i just like the fact there's a "new beginning" coming soon... (jokingly, are both boys gonna follow chihaya to college? ^_^)

Hyoro is an underappreciated character and I'm so happy for him.

I guess the last page of this chapter makes it official: Taichi is back from war absence.

Spoiler

I hope that in the future; Taichi, Arata and Chihaya can play in a team match together.

Even if it's for something silly like a Taichi cup, I think it would be lovely to see them in the same team again.

Aaaaa it's too bad about this match though!!!!

Spoiler

UGDHFGDFDFH IM SO STRESSED AND HYPED ABOUT THIS MANGA

I'm sorry what? More like Taichi is the one out now.

That's cute. :3 You're cute. :3

I legitimately grabbed a couple of tissues before I read this chapter because I anticipated all the feels - and it delivered!

Great chapter, right in the feels! I'm so curious about what will happen from now on, I'm really really hyped.

RIP ARATA SHIP YOU'VE BEEN PEARL HARBOURED

I'm sorry what? More like Taichi is the one out now.

I doubt he's transitioning back easily into Mizusawa like that. The repeated "it's too late" implies that things aren't all dandy.

Hyoro's mental message to Mashima: Just you watch...

Mashima's T-shirt: Whatever you say...

I laughed

Arata losing to Chihaya makes it a a good time to drop this manga.

hi 

what happened to chapters between 50 - 86???

they were never here. read my comment below

hi 

what happened to chapters between 50 - 86???

The smile she gave arata :')

... was the secret weapon against him in bhattle ;d

nevermind...

Wasn't Shinobu sick when playing against Arata? Also she wasn't playing seriously for the first half of the match (if I remember correctly).

Arata is undefeated against Shinobu. I can't remember how many times exactly he's beatin' her but it's like 4-0 lol. So even if she was healthy, the chances of Shinobu beating Arata was still very small.

Shinobu > Chihaya
Arata > Shinobu
Chihaya > Arata

Chihaya > Arata > Shinobu??? :S

Wasn't Shinobu sick when playing against Arata? Also she wasn't playing seriously for the first half of the match (if I remember correctly).

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics