Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.5 - 115votes)

Otogi Taisen Fantasma

Alt Names: alt 御伽大戦 ファンタズマalt Otogi Taisen Fantasumaalt Otogi Taisen Phantasma
Author: Yoshimura Hideaki
Artist: Yoshimura Hideaki
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyHarem HaremRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Yamada Tarou is living a regular life, until the death of the father he never sees catapults him into the role of the 13th King of the holy Phantasma kingdom. Now that he's king, Tarou has become the target of assassins, and all he has on his side is a mistress, Princess Kaguya, whose goal is to make Tarou a worthy king.
Go to Otogi Taisen Fantasma Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Main Characters New Window Leniahi
  • 0 Replies

177 Comments

I do not know about my bear brother Jesus Bear, but if I have the chance open the door to an unexplored world, I'm surely going to push it wide open. I'm satisfied with my current life, but compared to the possbilities he has it is just bland and boring. Especially when reading romcoms, there are heaps of protagonists who cling to their plain and pale normality to the point of utter madness. I think I'll never understand people like that, and it's not like I'm a hyped teenager on crack with a death wish.

Kaguya?Cinderella?

What's next?Snow princess?

is it not natural for people to be afraid of change?  and why the hell would this guy want to put his life in danger and become something as important as a king with no prior knowledge at all just because some seemingly insane girl told him to?

plus there's the whole "the grass is greener on the other side" argument but i don't feel like explaining that

looks like this series is going to be one of those pretty generic but still entertaining series with an MC that really isn't all that bad but people still whine about in the comments ...

Depends on the person's life I suppose. I think most people wouldn't mind risking their life if it meant doing something exciting or meaningful. Look at all the daredevils in the world who risk their lives for nothing more than entertainment value.

I'd say most people in the world have certain things in their lives that they're unsatisfied with, and exchanging normality in their lives for something extraordinary would be an easy choice for them despite the risks involved. I think Kyon from SHnY is a pretty good representation of that when he pretty much says "of course I'd rather live this exciting, fun/danger-filled everyday life than go back to normality."

I'll probably never understand why the average romcom protagonist tends to desperately cling to his boring, ordinary, run-of-the-mill lifestyle. I suspect they just enjoy making the readership jealous for being chased by high-class women and refusing their privileged opportunities.

is it not natural for people to be afraid of change?  and why the hell would this guy want to put his life in danger and become something as important as a king with no prior knowledge at all just because some seemingly insane girl told him to?

plus there's the whole "the grass is greener on the other side" argument but i don't feel like explaining that

looks like this series is going to be one of those pretty generic but still entertaining series with an MC that really isn't all that bad but people still whine about in the comments ...

agree, but for this manga, they have a good reason for the MC to be like that, but they never used it at all, just had him remember his past at the end of Ch1, and then go "but I have grown attached to my ordinary life" and then have him act as though nothing has changed.

some characters it work, they are eather a slacker, or have a good thing going, but most of the time it is a cop-out, if they didn't want to be "ordinary" they would have gone on an adventure or just settle down with one of the girls.

Well in this case the author gave him the dream that did some exposition for us while playing it for comedy by having the main character forget it due to his rather rough (kicked one or more times) manner of being awakened.

Err isn't kaguya Alice in wonderland?

she has that rabbit, right?

Kaguya-hime, Sleeping Beauty, and now Cinderella... Another fairy tale harem? It's like Pajama na Kanojo all over again, but with battles. Not that I'm complaining or anything, cause I thought it was a good idea the first time around... I just hope it doesn't become a trend. It would get boring quick.

Already feels rushed in the story, I might keep an eye on this, but I just don't find anything interesting in this. Their so much information in the first chapter, with so much plot development, that it feels like we just got through 25% of the story in ch1, and once we get the harem together, we will get the main antagonist, and then the rest will be filler until the Author has to end it.

Over all, the start just had way too much going on that I don't care about it anymore.

It's just your usual harem/dating-sim setup, nothing really different. And I still prefer quick plot development, to anouther "Tokage no Ou"...

I'll probably never understand why the average romcom protagonist tends to desperately cling to his boring, ordinary, run-of-the-mill lifestyle. I suspect they just enjoy making the readership jealous for being chased by high-class women and refusing their privileged opportunities.

agree, but for this manga, they have a good reason for the MC to be like that, but they never used it at all, just had him remember his past at the end of Ch1, and then go "but I have grown attached to my ordinary life" and then have him act as though nothing has changed.

some characters it work, they are eather a slacker, or have a good thing going, but most of the time it is a cop-out, if they didn't want to be "ordinary" they would have gone on an adventure or just settle down with one of the girls.

Already feels rushed in the story, I might keep an eye on this, but I just don't find anything interesting in this. Their so much information in the first chapter, with so much plot development, that it feels like we just got through 25% of the story in ch1, and once we get the harem together, we will get the main antagonist, and then the rest will be filler until the Author has to end it.

Over all, the start just had way too much going on that I don't care about it anymore.

[...] if you want an unrealistic reaction [...]

i want, dats why i read manga :D... but... wait... all MC's give realistic reactions in harems D:

I hate that these protagonists always complain about their harems. Are they freaking Tsun? Jeez, they should take a lesson from Arata of Trinity Seven.

of course he'd be sick of their shit if all they're doing is screwing up his life. 

go read some hentai if you want an unrealistic reaction to people fucking your life up

Spoiler

hqdefault.jpg

One thing is for sure, the author's got talent. Great art, characters and even a well detailed world with mysteries.

Kyousou no Simulcra was really great, I enjoyed reading and I read it few times.

It's only the start but I can assume that the characters, plot and even world itself would definitely be entertaining, interesting and it would have depth.

Spoiler

Oooooh, now I get it. He used to be a badass, but then he played Sonic 06, and the Silver boss battle broke him... happens to the best.

7mm7ZEn.jpg?1

Cinderella? What's next Snow White? Well since the title's meaning is "Fairy Tale Wars Fantasma" if my translation is correct, just maybe...

Arata is awesome

@Bolded,
What an insult. Arata is not merely awesome. He, defines, awesome!

Well, Frankenstein's (from Noblesse) Superpowered Evil Side is even better. . .

I may be wrong, but isn't the story of Kaguya-Hime an old Japanese fairy tale? It wouldn't necessarily be Touhou, would it? Though, Mokou showing up would be pretty funny...

Yes, you're right
I'm just surprised a little with this manga's Kaguya, her character design is almost the same like from Touhou ones. I mean, her hair :v

I hate that these protagonists always complain about their harems. Are they freaking Tsun? Jeez, they should take a lesson from Arata of Trinity Seven.

Arata is awesome

the beginning was promising but the end is generic -,-

should i keep this one guys?

i'm debating whether i should as well. seems like it's gonna be like to love ru and sora no otoshimono. the girls will start going to school, they'll fight off enemies, new girls will join him, etc. it's been done a million times and i don't know if i wanna go through it again.

He reminds me of Tomoki from Sora no Otoshimono

Sora no Otoshimono

To me, he lacks that emotional exaggeration and unabashed perversion that makes Tomoki so funny. This guy's all "I just want an normal life, leave me alone" while Tomoki's "I'm a pervert, deal with it".

this person

is

the

next

harem king

yeahh.......

Harem confirmed.. And looks like good slapstick comedy^^

He reminds me of Tomoki from Sora no Otoshimono

Sora no Otoshimono

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics